Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zodiac Main Forum (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Thoughts on Zodiac/Staff (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260414)

Catbert 09-03-2010 04:11 AM

Thoughts on Zodiac/Staff

I just started playing an hour of Zodiac and man, it's pretty screwed up. I have to pm a FAQ atleast 5 times for him to respond, or find him in game to ask him my question. I had to mass out atleast 20 times to ask how I can get my head uploaded. Even then, nobody would tell me. I then had to post a thread on how to get my head uploaded. Not to mention that players are almost all trials / douchebag 12 year olds that can't afford WoW so they are looking for a new MMO. A LOT of people who start Graal run straight to Zodiac.

All I'm saying is, it's all about playing the actual game then helping each other out. Since it's a sort of MMO people can't be arsed to type to somebody and tel them how to play. They're too busy sitting outside spawn killing noobs with l33t armor that they grinded hours for thinking they're TEH BEST PKER ever just because they grinded that long. In every MMO it's the same. Get the best gear, spam one spell and kill everyone. I don't see the aspect of playing a MMO for PVP.

Just my two cents.

- Catbert, Retired from Era (Master Miner)

Crono 09-03-2010 04:19 AM

its funny because i play zod and normally i'd defend it but your second paragraph is absolutely right.

p.s mmo != mmorpg

fowlplay4 09-03-2010 04:49 AM

Sounds like you should just play Darkfall.

Supaman771 09-03-2010 05:06 AM

Maybe if you made some friends with the people they could teach you. I was clueless to Zodiac a week ago and over a dozen people helped me get gear/level/learn how to play. Now I can sit outside OSL and kill noobs with my l33t armor cause I'm 'TEH BEST PKER EVAR!'.

But in all seriousness, most people on Zodiac will ignore you until you're on their level, get used to it that's how the server works. Unless you know someone you'll spend weeks leveling and grinding for gear just to find out its worth nothing and you wasted your time when you could've gone 1-60 in a few hours and got boss gear had you known what you were doing.

Yea, It's complicated, but I've only seen a few FAQs and they're usually busy (since it's a complicated server to explain and there's so many trials/people running straight to Zodiac). Perhaps you should look over the wiki while you wait for your FAQ questions to be answered rather than making threads ripping on the server.

You even stated you only played for about an hour and left because you didn't receive instant help and got PKed (when there's a /togglepk command) so I don't really find your argument compelling.

Crono 09-03-2010 05:20 AM

its how most servers work, noobs get torn apart and no one wants to be your friend

kia345 09-03-2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbert (Post 1598404)
In every MMO

MMORPGs are just the worst things ever created in general

evilchaseofdoom 09-03-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1598422)
Maybe if you made some friends with the people they could teach you. I was clueless to Zodiac a week ago and over a dozen people helped me get gear/level/learn how to play. Now I can sit outside OSL and kill noobs with my l33t armor cause I'm 'TEH BEST PKER EVAR!'.

But in all seriousness, most people on Zodiac will ignore you until you're on their level, get used to it that's how the server works. Unless you know someone you'll spend weeks leveling and grinding for gear just to find out its worth nothing and you wasted your time when you could've gone 1-60 in a few hours and got boss gear had you known what you were doing.

Yea, It's complicated, but I've only seen a few FAQs and they're usually busy (since it's a complicated server to explain and there's so many trials/people running straight to Zodiac). Perhaps you should look over the wiki while you wait for your FAQ questions to be answered rather than making threads ripping on the server.

You even stated you only played for about an hour and left because you didn't receive instant help and got PKed (when there's a /togglepk command) so I don't really find your argument compelling.

You kidding. I tear you up on my other account "thebadfoo" with my Mage/Scout. Your Druid can't escape the awesomeness and you :( :( all the way inside. Just saying.

Dark_Zeratul101 09-03-2010 06:39 AM

Zodiac's PKing system needs a reform. Right now it's just a competition to see who can do the most damage and combos in the shortest period of time. With the awful hit detection there's almost no skill involved.

smirt362 09-03-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbert (Post 1598404)
In every MMO except Darkfall it's the same.

I'll take Zodiac to Darkfall any day :pluffy:

Cubical 09-03-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1598422)

Nah no matter your gear it only takes 2 days of like 3-4 hours each day to go 1-60

kia345 09-03-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1598484)
Nah no matter your gear it only takes 2 days of like 3-4 hours each day to go 1-60

Not on your own. Zodiac isn't new player friendly because you have to work with a party to make the leveling curve semi-bearable. You're expected to start knowing people, or congregate with other clueless players.

BigBear3 09-03-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1598512)
Not on your own. Zodiac isn't new player friendly because you have to work with a party to make the leveling curve semi-bearable. You're expected to start knowing people, or congregate with other clueless players.

New players don't know the hip leveling dungeons. I see level 50s at Spear Gladiators sometimes. Maybe if Zodiac's FAQs were effective.....

Crono 09-03-2010 07:29 PM

@ pat the whole leveling **** is messed up tbh and it's up to the server to provide people with direction not FAQs.

xXziroXx 09-03-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1598522)
Maybe if Zodiac's FAQs were effective.....

FAQ's shouldn't be needed at all in order for players to find out what to do.

BigBear3 09-03-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1598530)
FAQ's shouldn't be needed at all in order for players to find out what to do.

They are where I come from :(