Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal Free To Play on Facebook and Android (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262480)

MajinDragon 03-21-2011 02:24 PM

If it helps the pc version, cool.

alskdjfhg 03-21-2011 02:50 PM

This guy comes back out of nowhere with this? Unbelievable.

Twinny 03-21-2011 04:08 PM

I'll speak for Skyld as well when I say, "Woo!" for the Android client =]

sssssssssss 03-21-2011 06:07 PM

I think what we all want to know is what effects us out of this from this point and the soon future. The fact of the matter is graal on facebook is an advancement for graal nonetheless, but as pc players it's a completely different platform pretty much (being as it's not the client), so unixmad if you wouldn't mind directly answering these please:

1. Will pc subscriptions change before we eventually wait for playerworlds to change, or will playerworlds be forced to change, so graal can be super cheap/free since everything else is free (iphone/andriod/facebook)?

2. Will pc players EVER be able to play on the same servers with iphone/andriod/facebook? If only some, which ones?

3. Any hint at the new developer tools? Will they help with development on iphone/andriod/facebook?

4. Why should be we hyped about v6? What changes besides some scripts and small features?

We've always felt since like 08 or longer that pc graal is going to die, and all focus pretty much on making every other platform better or free or both is making it look like pc graal is going to die even more. We've gotta have changes to subscriptions or you will lose most developers eventually, and even more players. The pc people would probably LOVE to play with the iphone/andriod/facebook people on client, and would boost the pc version in the process of expanding to other platforms, as well as developers and content.

Hiro 03-21-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P (Post 1637990)
Go back and read the whole thread. Or even just all of unixmad's posts in the thread.

i did. he mentions briefly that once servers have switched to the item-based model that the servers can be free to play. this is not what i'm asking for, is not what i asked about, and frankly your reply was unneeded

maybe you should reread the entire thread so you can understand the context of my post better

and just to emphasize the point even more - PC graal going to an item-based economy to generate revenue is not going to happen to the classic-style servers anytime soon, unless they make changing colors on bodies (for example) something you have to buy, which would be terrible. what i'm asking about is a completely free PC graal and whether or not it is a possibility at all, not a pseudo-free PC graal where i have to purchase gelats (or whatever the hell they're called now) in order to change shoe color

fowlplay4 03-21-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 1638021)
and just to emphasize the point even more - PC graal going to an item-based economy to generate revenue is not going to happen to the classic-style servers anytime soon, unless they make changing colors on bodies (for example) something you have to buy, which would be terrible. what i'm asking about is a completely free PC graal and whether or not it is a possibility at all, not a pseudo-free PC graal where i have to purchase gelats (or whatever the hell they're called now) in order to change shoe color

If they don't want to attempt to think outside the box then yeah they won't be able to introduce micro-transactions.

UN has a "hat economy" right? There's nothing stopping them from flooding their shop with a bunch of custom hats for say 25-50 Gelats a pop. I'm sure they can also provide a bunch of other aesthetic items as well.

The competence of the people running the server will decide whether it becomes Free-to-play or not. Not the limited options you say they'll have.

Darlene159 03-21-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssssssssss (Post 1638019)
2. Will pc players EVER be able to play on the same servers with iphone/andriod/facebook? If only some, which ones?

I would like to know this as well, as I would play on facebook, but not if I have to have an iphone or ipad to do so, because I cannot afford it...

Deas_Voice 03-21-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1638013)
I'll speak for Skyld as well when I say, "Woo!" for the Android client =]

Woo!!

Elizabeth 03-21-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1637940)
Making announcement with bad grammar is part of the Graal tradition, isn't it? But feel free to correct me ;)

it seems like responding to questions or comments that aren't important or related to the thread is part of the graal tradition, also.

i'm doing it right now.

Switch 03-21-2011 08:59 PM

I am disappointed. I came on here yesterday to see what was new and saw that you would be announcing something. "Okay, I'll come back tomorrow. Maybe it's G3D!"

I come on to see this crap. Instead of working on something already released you go and make another version of the same exact thing that probably won't have as much flexibility as the current PC Graal. You would think that a company would work to get more people attracted to an already almost-finished product rather than show off to a whole new user-base that probably won't stay for long. You would also think that they would work on something that had real potential, like Graal 3D. Nope! Instead of paying developers to make a game that many people were looking forward to and that would probably advance their game in the market, you go and make a whole new way to play, completely separate from the other ways, to open to a new user-base. Why is that? How long will those people really stay and play? After a week or two it would get so monotonous with no goal to it that people will leave. Personally, I would much rather a few Graal PC servers worked on by a real team of developers at Eurocenter that would eventually be a full game (advertised, people taking an interest, etc.) than having all of these platforms worked on by a team of PC players, thinning out developers, and playing separately with their user-base dying out soon enough. Also, instead of making this and the iPhone version only free to play, why not make PC Graal free to play with benefits you can buy (server, working on a UD server, etc.)?

tl;dr: This is crap. Eurocenter's whole business plan is crap. Whine, whine, whine.

Just my 2 cents.

Shards-Of-Fate 03-21-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1638023)
UN has a "hat economy" right? There's nothing stopping them from flooding their shop with a bunch of custom hats for say 25-50 Gelats a pop. I'm sure they can also provide a bunch of other aesthetic items as well..

Hats?

Zodiac being the closest to an MMO has like...One of the biggest cash shop arrays. Gear, Mounts, XP Items, Aesthetics~

o_o The question is--Are the rules/requirements for being a free to play server going to change?

devilsknite1 03-21-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 1638021)

This is not true. UN has many ideas for "gelat items" and are currently being developed. In fact, a few are already completed.
To FP4: we have more in mind than just flashy NPCs and hats :p

Grimm753 03-21-2011 10:07 PM

Switch said it all. Thumbs up to you dude. Glad to see there's someone else with the same outlook on this.

WillaWonka 03-21-2011 10:07 PM

Damn i wanted the golden ticket to be a guess !

cbk1994 03-21-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1638055)
I am disappointed. I came on here yesterday to see what was new and saw that you would be announcing something. "Okay, I'll come back tomorrow. Maybe it's G3D!"

I come on to see this crap. Instead of working on something already released you go and make another version of the same exact thing that probably won't have as much flexibility as the current PC Graal. You would think that a company would work to get more people attracted to an already almost-finished product rather than show off to a whole new user-base that probably won't stay for long. You would also think that they would work on something that had real potential, like Graal 3D.

G3D has no chance. There are many companies making 3D games right now with budgets of hundreds of millions of dollars for a single game. Eurocenter cannot compete, and they shouldn't try to. You're essentially saying that Graal should become an entirely different product even though they have now found a strategy that seems to work.