Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Global News Team Positions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261248)

cyan3 12-06-2010 04:06 PM

Global News Team Positions

Due to the recent inactivity and the decline of our members we have decided to look for additions to the team. To apply for the position please answer the questions below. This is a Global staff team and we will only be accepting mature applicants. Applications can be private or public (Public should be posted in a new thread and private applications can be sent to me via either e-mail or forum pm) but public are preferable. The position will require the writing and distribution of news as well as supporting server staff in the writing and distribution of their own news if they require help.

Questions
  • Does your account hold a Gold or Classic subscription? (A Classic subscription is required at the very least).
  • Do you have any experience with editing Wikipedia pages (MediaWiki or other)?
  • Write a short paragraph expressing why you want to join the team.

Optional Questions
  • Previous staff positions on Graal (optional).
  • References from previous or current staff positions (optional).
  • Other information you want to add (optional).

Contact Information
Forum PM: cyan3
E-Mail: [email protected]

- Global News Administrator
Felix Lionheart

cyan3 12-08-2010 01:25 AM

We have decided to hire both Gothika and RegretZ as trial members with the possibility of progressing to full members after the trial period.

Congratulations!

BigBear3 12-08-2010 01:28 AM

Congrats Naith! :D

EDIT: and Regretz

Matt 12-08-2010 01:32 AM

Congratulations you guys, and good luck !

Gothika 12-08-2010 01:37 AM

Thank you guys. And congrats RegretZ. I can't wait to get to work with you guys! Hopefully Christmas will be a busy time for Graal News :)

Seeya 12-08-2010 01:49 AM

Congratulations Naith.

Rufus 12-08-2010 01:54 AM

That was fast. Too fast.

Seeya 12-08-2010 01:58 AM

Who says the hiring is over? Maybe those were the two only worth-while applicants so far.

Gothika 12-08-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeya (Post 1615379)
Who says the hiring is over? Maybe those were the two only worth-while applicants so far.

Quite true, he didn't say that the hiring process was finished, just that they were taking on myself and RegretZ on a trial basis.

Rufus 12-08-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Who says the hiring is over?

Announcing that people have been hired does suggest that the hiring is over. However, even if it isn't closed that doesn't mean that there are not going to be better applications than the two already hired.

Quote:

Maybe those were the two only worth-while applicants so far.

Within the space of the entire 36 hours it has been since the position was opened? MAYBE.

Matt 12-08-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Felix is not going to hire anymore trials right now any too see how the selected 2 do during their trial periods. If it doesn't work out for some reason, i'm sure he will looking for a replacement(s). Since this thread is still open, i wouldn't be surprised if he's making it an open application, but we'll see !

cyan3 12-08-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1615381)
even if it isn't closed that doesn't mean that there are not going to be better applications than the two already hired.

I see no point dragging the process on even longer when we've found two applicants that we think are talented and enthusiastic enough for the position. On top of that they are only trial members and I am still encouraging further applications but at the time being these two look like promising additions to the team.

Rufus 12-08-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1615384)
I see no point dragging the process on even longer when we've found two applicants that we think are talented and enthusiastic enough for the position. On top of that they are only trial members and I am still encouraging further applications but at the time being these two look like promising additions to the team.

You're really not giving everyone a chance. You might think you are by keeping applications open for a position you say has been filled, but you're not. All applications should have been evaluated to get the very best, and just because two players applied within a day does not mean they're more talented or enthusiastic than other people who might be interested. It seems to me as though it was a closed hiring, but I really don't want to stretch this out into a long argument. This was just really unfair, and had it happened on any other hiring we find on Graal, it would not have went down very well.

Gothika 12-08-2010 02:17 AM

Why does everything have to a conspiracy with you Rufus?

Rufus 12-08-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothika (Post 1615386)
Why does everything have to a conspiracy with you Rufus?

Am I wrong? Is it unfair that two people were hired within 36 hours of the application being posted for a position that there may be more suitable people for? Seem to be ignoring that part.