Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Feedback (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258190)

Fry 06-26-2010 01:10 AM

What does `ruby -vī say? From looking at it again, it appears as if the ruby environment variable is not set so it tries to run make_images.rb as a command instead of running it in ruby. You could try ./configure again and check what it says about ruby.

Deas_Voice 06-26-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry (Post 1584120)
What does `ruby -vī say? From looking at it again, it appears as if the ruby environment variable is not set so it tries to run make_images.rb as a command instead of running it in ruby. You could try ./configure again and check what it says about ruby.

ruby -v:
HTML Code:

ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [i486-linux]
i used ./autogen.sh because i did gitclone, and your github page/readme says so.

WanDaMan 07-07-2010 11:55 PM

Looks exciting, I can't wait to play around with this!

Will this be included in the latest Graal update? Also, does this work online for servers?

fowlplay4 07-08-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1586413)
Looks exciting, I can't wait to play around with this!

Will this be included in the latest Graal update? Also, does this work online for servers?

Gonstruct is unofficial stand-alone level editor so I doubt it would be picked up as a download package especially since it's not exactly that stable for everyone out of the box.

The (latest Graal update) plan is to have tools go scripted, and running off the Graal engine so the community can contribute and maintain them better. Personally I'm happy about this change since it's a chance to actually re-think how the tools work and improve them.

I don't think they're going be available on initial release of V6 but later on in it's life-cycle.

Loriel 07-08-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1586415)
The (latest Graal update) plan is to have tools go scripted, and running off the Graal engine so the community can contribute and maintain them better. Personally I'm happy about this change since it's a chance to actually re-think how the tools work and improve them.

That has been the plan for like six years by now and never worked.

Loriel 07-08-2010 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1586421)
That has been the plan for like six years by now and never worked.

To the guy who downvoted that post for not doing anything about it, I think with gonstruct I did about as much as can be reasonably expected?? Do you expect me to actively pay money and contribute to some sort of gscript based perpetuation of the whole needing-money-to-contribute-content thing just for the right to be a jerk on the forums?

xXziroXx 07-14-2010 01:20 AM

I'm having the following issue with the latest version, also saw it being posted in the beginning of the thread.

EDIT: Seems posting a YouTube video doesn't work? Here's the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xY-79Iiu6c

EDIT x2: Apparently there's a 0.2.1 version that there's a link too on page 4 of this thread. I tried it, and it's still happening altough with one difference. The drawing error only happens while you are actively dragging the scroll bar, the moment you release or stop moving it, it displays the level as normal.

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-14-2010 03:49 AM

First time I launched it, I directed it to my Graal directory.

Second time I launched it, I figured it was automatically directed to Graal, and I ignored it and tried to launch it to a different directory.

Now it's broke.

"Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Access is denied: "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\ Local\Application Data""

I've reinstalled several times.

cbk1994 07-14-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1586415)

I don't think they're going be available on initial release of V6 but later on in it's life-cycle.

Does this include RC or just level editor and such (which, of course, can still be used)? The second the scripted RC is shoved down our throats is the second I quit.

xXziroXx 07-14-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1587505)
Does this include RC or just level editor and such (which, of course, can still be used)? The second the scripted RC is shoved down our throats is the second I quit.

Yeah, scripted RC will always be more awful then external one :(

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-14-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1587506)
Yeah, scripted RC will always be more awful then external one :(

Scripted RC seems like something useful for a non-development staff.. like ET and FAQ.

Idk, I haven't really played with it much.

cbk1994 07-14-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX (Post 1587507)
Scripted RC seems like something useful for a non-development staff.. like ET and FAQ.

Idk, I haven't really played with it much.

Non-development staff don't need RC in the first place.

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-14-2010 04:11 AM

True, but some servers give them out anyways, like UN.

Loriel 07-14-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX (Post 1587504)
First time I launched it, I directed it to my Graal directory.

Second time I launched it, I figured it was automatically directed to Graal, and I ignored it and tried to launch it to a different directory.

Now it's broke.

"Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Access is denied: "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\ Local\Application Data""

I've reinstalled several times.

No idea, but that does not really sound like a directory we should be ****ing around with. Probably a bug on our side. Sorry.

fowlplay4 07-14-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX (Post 1587509)
True, but some servers give them out anyways, like UN.

I just counted this, and at least 30 to 40 accounts online were staff and their RCs.

As for scripted RC, I'm hoping that Stefan pulls through and makes it not feel like how it is now. It'd be ridiculous to enforce that kind of thing but there other times where I wish I could add scripted specific features to my external RC.