Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   New accounts (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75469)

Crow 07-14-2007 09:01 PM

New accounts
 
Heard a rumor, tried something out...excuse me, but why did you disable the option to choose your own account name? Not sure if you can maybe choose it when buying a subscription, I just made a trial account. But thats not though out too well.
I mean, if it stays like that even if you buy a subscription, what about the damn forums?o.O

JkWhoSaysNi 07-14-2007 09:09 PM

Well I wanted to change my account name last time I had to upgrade but all the good account names are gone anyway.

They should delete any account names which haven't been used in a year and don't have any subscription or lifetime classic.

Seems kinda stupid if you can't even choose an account name now.

edit: Actually it looks like email addresses are account names now.

Crow 07-14-2007 09:24 PM

Log on, you will get Graal<pcid> as an account if I didnt misunderstand that.

kia345 07-14-2007 09:45 PM

That has to be the stupidest update yet. Good job

PrinceOfKenshin 07-14-2007 09:56 PM

The only thing about accounts i want changed is being able to have more than one account for a e-mail. Because i have two accounts and i don't like logging on different e-mails to check stuff for it. Sounds lazy but you know it stinks having to create a new e-mail if you want a new account. Just saying !

coreys 07-14-2007 10:39 PM

Yeah, Zero found this on his server before v5 was even announced
http://tides.ath.cx/vash/images/wtf.PNG
And needless to say we were confused.

But yeah, it seems a very bad idea to remove the ability to chose your own account name and to replace it with your email...

bahamutstevetff 07-16-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys (Post 1330317)
Yeah, Zero found this on his server before v5 was even announced
http://tides.ath.cx/vash/images/wtf.PNG
And needless to say we were confused.

But yeah, it seems a very bad idea to remove the ability to chose your own account name and to replace it with your email...

i was killing that guy on zone. ive been seeing loads of people called "graal963958" etc...whats the deal?

jetboom 07-16-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys (Post 1330317)
Yeah, Zero found this on his server before v5 was even announced
http://tides.ath.cx/vash/images/wtf.PNG
And needless to say we were confused.

But yeah, it seems a very bad idea to remove the ability to chose your own account name and to replace it with your email...

I think the point of it is to centralize the database and user name system. Maybe right now it doesn't mean anything but in the future we will see why everything ties to our email instead of account.

The only issue is if you run a playerworld and account off the same email, How will you login?

Twinny 07-16-2007 12:31 PM

People who login as 'Guest' on the client need some form of identification. Thus it uses pcid.

Admins 07-16-2007 12:58 PM

You can choose your community name in the profile on the website. That community name is displayed on the playerlist and is used for the forums and wiki.

Crow 07-16-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1331224)
You can choose your community name in the profile on the website. That community name is displayed on the playerlist and is used for the forums and wiki.

I know, I know...but I think the overall idea is not good, because you have no damn idea who the hell is who if you are checking accounts. Like you hover over one of the 14 'unknown's in your friendlist to check who you actually wanna meet and 6 of them actually say something like Graal123456 or pc:123456...thats just not cool o.O

JkWhoSaysNi 07-16-2007 02:34 PM

The community name is the account name. From what I understand, the community name is what will appear in the playerlist and such when it's been set.

Crow 07-16-2007 02:54 PM

That would be good, but its said you can change it at any time (?), so that sounds a bit impossible.

bradigger 07-16-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfKenshin (Post 1330272)
The only thing about accounts i want changed is being able to have more than one account for a e-mail. Because i have two accounts and i don't like logging on different e-mails to check stuff for it. Sounds lazy but you know it stinks having to create a new e-mail if you want a new account. Just saying !

i used to think all lazy like that but then i made a greenshard acc email my bros editeed version of gmail and i have greenshard forward to gmail because i only check gmail

Switch 07-16-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradigger (Post 1331392)
i used to think all lazy like that but then i made a greenshard acc email my bros editeed version of gmail and i have greenshard forward to gmail because i only check gmail

English please


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.