Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Classic Account Sale? Ideas (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134264941)

tony1019 11-01-2011 11:30 PM

Classic Account Sale? Ideas

They should make a christmas Sale for classic accounts
from monday December 21st 2011
To saturday december 26th 2011
For Like
29.00 euros
Witch would be
40.50$ in canadian :D

Anybody agree?
Stephan Do it For graal Please :)

iPaul 12-16-2011 11:54 PM

No

fowlplay4 12-17-2011 12:14 AM

Classic accounts are a step backward.

PC Graal needs to drop the tiered (Trial-Classic-Gold) system it currently uses and remove observer mode then sell the following one-time "upgrades" instead:

$10-$15 - Developer License (Allows you to use RC/be Staff on all servers)
$5 - Player Customization (Lets you change Community Name, and Heads)

Classic accounts would be phased out and be given Player Customization, active classic accounts (ones that logged on in the last 2 years) would be given the developer license.

There would be no more trial status either.

cbk1994 12-17-2011 12:49 AM

I don't like limiting heads, but it's better than observer mode. I doubt PC Graal could make much money with one-time upgrades as Jer proposed. I think Era's gelat shop, however, could work as a model for other servers. They've made a sizable amount through gelat sales with that shop (unixmad yelled at me last time I dropped numbers, though). It doesn't require you to purchase items to play the server, like on Zone, but it still generates revenue.

ffcmike 12-17-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1678222)
Classic accounts are a step backward.

I don't believe Classic accounts are a step forward either, but I thought it was a more viable format pre-V5 compared to post V5, only until the influx of iPhone refugees causing a surge of account purchases despite the subscription being a limited time for a ridiculously high price.
Ofcourse none of us have the full data in order to make conclusions but I would speculate that older players being allowed to keep LifeTime Classic subscription is what kept Graal PC ticking throughout this period.

Quote:

$10-$15 - Developer License (Allows you to use RC/be Staff on all servers)

People should have to pay for the privilege of making the game?
I'm sure it would make money as there would be people who pay it anyway, but this would be counter productive in the long run, especially considering the current lack of developers who are capable of improving the game.
That said a one time smaller payment would be much more inciting than the current system.

Quote:

$5 - Player Customization (Lets you change Community Name, and Heads)

I expect this will be the case no matter what, but I personally frown on the idea of purchasing basic character customisation being mandatory, as this is one of the things which makes Graal what it is. The same goes for the ability to upload your own graphics, putting a price tag on this is detracting one of the elements that Graal actually does offer better than most other games, it's something which should be embraced.

My 2 cents would be that it seems over the years Graal's management have been more focussed on finding ways to restrict players, to make them reluctantly pay money. Ideally the focus would be on improving the game and offering a good deal on real incentives which most would find worth paying for. Though ofcourse this would require a lot of effort when PC Graal is simply not a priority.

jkldogg 12-17-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Classic accounts would be phased out

Technically if you own a LIFETIME Classic account they can't ever remove it from you. In there TOS it states it would last forever, so removing it is breaking the TOS and you could sue them. I don't have a classic account, just sayin' :asleep:

ShadowFist 12-17-2011 03:27 PM

:DDDD classic will stay, and they will make some new fancy way to charge the players more money, soo glad im classic DONT FEED THE COKE MACHINE

Emera 12-17-2011 03:55 PM

All this gold crap should be completely removed and replaced with a new system.
Guest Accounts
  • Head, Body, Shield and Swords are allowed to be changed.
  • Observer mode completely removed.
  • Can send unlimited PM's.
  • Doesn't have access to Gold servers.
Subscribed Accounts
  • Changeable community name.
  • Given access to work on any server.
  • Unlimited subscription time; obviously the cost would be higher.
  • Access to global outfit changeable via the start button.
  • Given a one time only account that the player can choose.

Fulg0reSama 12-17-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1678286)
All this gold crap should be completely removed and replaced with a new system.
Guest Accounts
Subscribed Accounts
  • Changeable community name.
  • Unlimited subscription time; obviously the cost would be higher.
  • Access to global outfit changeable via the start button.
  • Given a one time only account that the player can choose.

Need more clarification to make a distinctive difference between subscribing and just being a free player.

Also I'm going to point out what someone already stated about from something I noticed in your list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1678286)
Guest Accounts

Subscribed Accounts

with

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1678233)
People should have to pay for the privilege of making the game?
I'm sure it would make money as there would be people who pay it anyway, but this would be counter productive in the long run, especially considering the current lack of developers who are capable of improving the game.
That said a one time smaller payment would be much more inciting than the current system.

While I do like the fact that the free players would get rather nice privileges versus the current system at hand, I feel there needs to be heavy refinement on this, though you have a very good base to where we could potentially begin upon.

Emera 12-17-2011 04:09 PM

Somebody needs to sit down and think long and hard about this. The current system is wacko and needs some tweaking. I've never seen a subscription system to retarded in my life.

Fulg0reSama 12-17-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1678289)
Somebody needs to sit down and think long and hard about this. The current system is wacko and needs some tweaking. I've never seen a subscription system to retarded in my life.

You forgot smack the living hell out of Stefan and or Unixmad (I guess Darlene too once or twice for good measure.)

Crono 12-17-2011 04:44 PM

free to play, free to develop

buy minor stuff from cash shops like extra character slots (zodiac), whatever it is you do on era, special graphics of npcs (classic, or just about every server), etc

buying a server still costs but should be reduced

overall it's still sad that with this model the players would be creating all the content to generate revenue for CJ. i still wouldnt mind seeing an exclusive high-quality gold server developed by stefan w/ paid staff like elk and dusty but that won't happen

Fulg0reSama 12-17-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1678295)
overall it's still sad that with this model the players would be creating all the content to generate revenue for CJ. i still wouldnt mind seeing an exclusive high-quality gold server developed by stefan w/ paid staff like elk and dusty but that won't happen

It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Emera 12-17-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1678293)
You forgot smack the living hell out of Stefan and or Unixmad (I guess Darlene too once or twice for good measure.)

But we all know she secretly likes it.
And to what crono said, that would be ideal and would boost the **** out of the player count for Graal, but that means Stefan and Unixmad will lose money. oh no...

fowlplay4 12-17-2011 09:09 PM

We would of never figured that out on our own if Fulgore and Emera didn't point out the obvious!