Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Save your progress! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269668)

NicoX 11-13-2014 01:15 PM

Save your progress!

You are now able to save your progress on Graal Kingdoms.

All you have to do is type the "/save" command, in-game to save all your stats/items/spells etc. All of your accounts information will remain in our back-up folders.

Additionally we will also be backing up every account monthly.

Crow 11-13-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1732554)
Additionally we will also be backing up every account monthly.

Why not more often? Also, what the hell did /save do beforehand? It has been around forever.

NicoX 11-13-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1732555)
Why not more often? Also, what the hell did /save do beforehand? It has been around forever.

We think monthly backups are okay. Also players can do a manual backup aswell whenever they want (i.e. gained some new items or whatever).
The command /save forced to update the mudfiles in the folders, but never did a real backup to a seperate folder.

fowlplay4 11-13-2014 01:50 PM

You know with MMOs it's implied that your progress is 'saved' as you make it, you should make the process completely transparent to the user and not require them to have to use a command at all.

NicoX 11-13-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1732557)
You know with MMOs it's implied that your progress is 'saved' as you make it, you should make the process completely transparent to the user and not require them to have to use a command at all.

Well, we once had the issue in the past with HardDrive errors were whole mudfiles got erased and caused a huge mess. This system will save the mudfiles in a seperate folder where we can restore accounts in future accidents. The command is just an additional feature. Accounts get backed up in the background anyway without interrupting players.

Crow 11-14-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1732558)
Well, we once had the issue in the past with HardDrive errors were whole mudfiles got erased and caused a huge mess. This system will save the mudfiles in a seperate folder where we can restore accounts in future accidents. The command is just an additional feature. Accounts get backed up in the background anyway without interrupting players.

Yea, but a backup is only being made monthly, when in reality, the hard drives should run in a mirrored RAID. If that's not possible, daily backups are the least you should do, and several times per day would be an added bonus.

Stephen 11-15-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1732595)
Yea, but a backup is only being made monthly, when in reality, the hard drives should run in a mirrored RAID.

You must be new to Graal Online.

Crow 11-15-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1732602)
You must be new to Graal Online.

I know it's not the case, but let's be honest, it should be.

BlueMelon 11-15-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1732607)

We've been saying this exact phrase for everything since forever. :cry:

Stephen 11-16-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1732607)

Yea, it should be. I think we could create a huge list of changes which "should be". >_<

Crow 11-17-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1732659)
Yea, it should be. I think we could create a huge list of changes which "should be". >_<

Seems like a waste of time as most of that will never happen.

Tashkin 01-09-2015 06:21 PM

Please make sure that you are making use of this feature. It is very important that you do. Example being today for some strange reason Sky was reset (which has been resolved luckily and quickly) and it can happen to anyone. I highly recommend doing this atleast once a day before you log off of your account.

Supaman771 01-09-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashkin (Post 1733898)
Please make sure that you are making use of this feature. It is very important that you do. Example being today for some strange reason Sky was reset (which has been resolved luckily and quickly) and it can happen to anyone. I highly recommend doing this atleast once a day before you log off of your account.

You could always just make it trigger an auto-save when a player logs off, resets their spawn point, or enters trade.

I don't know why you wouldn't implement something of this sort if people are randomly being reset.