Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Unholy Nation News (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Observer Mode pending removal! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134264867)

Starfire2001 11-17-2011 12:32 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/24l95e1.png

Yeah... please get this done soon :(...

Mark Sir Link 11-17-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james544 (Post 1673994)
stefan, i don't think unix is going to come back on any time soon. Just remove it without his permission...

LOL caps

skillmaster19 11-17-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 1674188)
it is possible to remove it VIA Script, but that could get the server in trouble.

Please tell me how I wanna do it on my server.

fowlplay4 11-18-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillmaster19 (Post 1674504)
Please tell me how I wanna do it on my server.

Short of removing/replacing the blue bar (like I do on Zodiac), I'm pretty sure it's built-in to the g/npc-server. There is a function to put the player into observer though.

Starfire2001 12-15-2011 05:52 AM

bump? :(

iPaul 12-17-2011 05:13 AM

Ill start playing Unholy Nation if more people play it

seems small.....

fowlplay4 12-17-2011 05:24 AM

iPaul, you're iNnoying. you're also an iCunnt

Gunderak 12-17-2011 01:47 PM

Woo, Fowplay cracked a joke....
Shame it wasn't a good joke ;)

fowlplay4 12-17-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunderak (Post 1678278)
Woo, Fowplay cracked a joke....
Shame it wasn't a good joke ;)

............... Just hang yourself already.

Admins 12-22-2011 12:01 AM

I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet. Unholy Nation is a special case because it's not based on leveling or so, so that limitations are not necessary making as much sense as on a server like Zodiac or Kingdoms.
Our goal is to make Graal more free-to-play, but it's not that easy since the servers are mainly made and managed by player staff and the money is made in selling items to player, so things like the item system and economy need to be more secured. Hopefully we can do more about this in 2012.

skillmaster19 12-22-2011 12:21 AM

Well UN is doomed, the only people that are gonna play it is the people with lifetime classic.

ffcmike 12-22-2011 01:47 AM

I personally feel observer mode is a much better limitation to have compared to not being able to save as it was up until 2007, the big problems with it are:
  • Bugs
  • Inability to manipulate the player properly
  • No way to determine how much free time a trial has

It is for these problems that UN, aswell as Classic in the past have not allowed trials to play events or spars, which are relied upon more heavily with traditional style servers.

If Stefan + Unixmad can't remove observer mode, they should at least make it so that when changing an observer's level, it is actually synced to other players clients, so they aren't blocked in a spar or event. There's also a problem where modifying an observer's variables serverside is not saving.

There should also be a way to determine how much free time a player has, if they have more than a certain amount then they can participate in an event without problems.

ShadowFist 12-22-2011 02:01 AM

Time will tell if this ACTUALLY gets done.

DustyPorViva 12-22-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1678978)
I personally feel observer mode is a much better limitation to have compared to not being able to save as it was up until 2007

The lesser of two evils.

ffcmike 12-22-2011 11:23 AM

It would also be better if rather than entering observer mode every single login, it actually kept track of the last time you entered observer mode including on different servers. Something incredibly frustrating is when a player experiences a bug in a quest caused by observer mode, and you have to tell them to reconnect, which ofcourse gives them another bout of waiting.

Looking away from the technical side of things, 5 hours a month is a meagre amount of time. It would take a new player longer than that to even become familiarised with a server like UN. Sometimes on Classic trials tell me they don't want to play through the quests simply because it will eat away at their remaining time, which even though there's nothing else to do as it's under construction, is quite true because the quests can take new players a few hours to play through.

As crazy as this might sound at first, it would even be useful if there was a way to actually force a player into observer mode, because when there's a bug caused by observer mode it's a huge pain in the arse to debug it when you have to log on a trial, sit through observer, prepare for the bug, wait for observer, then sit through observer again to try and determine/fix the problem.