Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Windows v6 beta test (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257598)

fowlplay4 01-24-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1552166)
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't dock on the side of the screen, which makes it an unbearable downgrade for those who used the feature.

Considering this is a beta, Stefan still needs to add support (not implying he will) for moving external (changing their x, y coordinates) as well as providing screen resolution variables. I.e: globalscreenwidth, globalscreenheight.

So when that gets added, docking can come back too :)

DustyPorViva 01-24-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1552187)
Considering this is a beta, Stefan still needs to add support (not implying he will) for moving external (changing their x, y coordinates) as well as providing screen resolution variables. I.e: globalscreenwidth, globalscreenheight.

getdesktopresolution()
returns 800x600, for example, I think. Just need to parse it.

cbk1994 01-24-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1552187)

I don't just mean putting it at the edge of the desktop-- I can do that myself. It should act exactly how it used to, changing the width that everything else works in so that when you maximize a window it doesn't maximize over the playerlist.

DustyPorViva 01-24-2010 11:49 PM

I'd rather the ability to dock windows INSIDE the Graal window(thus changing GraalControl and such).

LoneAngelIbesu 01-25-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1552161)
Which is why I posted...

I would still prefer the scripted playerlist. It's relatively customizable, and it doesn't take up precious space on my taskbar. To each his own...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1552191)
I'd rather the ability to dock windows INSIDE the Graal window(thus changing GraalControl and such).

Are you talking about regular GUI controls, or actual windows? You can already 'dock' GUI controls; use Tig's (at least, I think it's his) level editor as an example. I don't see very much reason to dock actual windows inside the client.

Crono 01-25-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1552200)
and it doesn't take up precious space on my taskbar. To each his own...

Neither does the external one.when opted not to do so. fun fact: it didnt used to either before v5

DustyPorViva 01-25-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1552200)
I would still prefer the scripted playerlist. It's relatively customizable, and it doesn't take up precious space on my taskbar. To each his own...

Are you talking about regular GUI controls, or actual windows? You can already 'dock' GUI controls; use Tig's (at least, I think it's his) level editor as an example. I don't see very much reason to dock actual windows inside the client.

Not via script -- I know how to do that. However, I'd like to see things like the playerlist to be able to be docked inside the Graal window. It would also fix problems with using it in fullscreen mode.

LoneAngelIbesu 01-25-2010 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1552225)
Neither does the external one. when opted not to do so. fun fact: it didnt used to either before v5

So is my memory of having a million PM windows, making my Firefox tab-thing in the taskbar impossible to find when minimized, a figment of my imagination?

Maybe 'taskbar' isn't the correct terminology, but w/e. Not really relevant to the topic, I guess.

Tim_Rocks 01-25-2010 04:35 AM

on beta v6 I noticed there wasn't a way to warpto players, I also noticed that in profiles I can highlight and copy the current level names that a player is in.. very annoying.. please fix

Twinny 01-25-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1552253)
on beta v6 I noticed there wasn't a way to warpto players, I also noticed that in profiles I can highlight and copy the current level names that a player is in.. very annoying.. please fix

If you read through this thread, you would have noticed that Tig has asked us to access Login 2 to receive scripted updates including the warpto selection in the player list.

I've just tried and I cannot highlight the level name in people's profile but I'm not even sure why this is annoying?

cbk1994 01-25-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

I also noticed that in profiles I can highlight and copy the current level names that a player is in.. very annoying.. please fix

You mean you can copy the level name that a player is in? How is that annoying? That sounds more like a feature.

Tigairius 01-25-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

I also noticed that in profiles I cant highlight and copy the current level names that a player is in.. very annoying.. please fix

That's something I changed in the profile system, you cannot edit the fields of other peoples profiles now, you can only edit your own, and the Send button only appears if you've made changes to your own profile. There are some small problems with scrolling on people who have really large favorite quotes, but I plan to fix it sometime this week or so.

Crono 01-25-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1552251)
Maybe 'taskbar' isn't the correct terminology, but w/e. Not really relevant to the topic, I guess.

Do you mean startbar? Also, the external window doesn't show up in the startbar so neither should external PM windows.

LoneAngelIbesu 01-26-2010 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1552278)
Do you mean startbar? Also, the external window doesn't show up in the startbar so neither should external PM windows.

Maybe. It's where your window button-thingies are. Wikipedia calls that a taskbar, so I do too. :cool:

Maybe I'm confusing my RC memories with my external PM window memories, but I'm like 90% sure the old Graal's PM stuff took up space on that bar.

DustyPorViva 01-26-2010 04:03 AM

Nope, I don't remember PMs ever taking up taskbar space.