Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Graal v6.1 for Mac released (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269114)

Admins 03-21-2014 09:36 AM

Graal v6.1 for Mac released

Version 6.11 for Mac can be downloaded from http://www.graalonline.com/downloads/Graal6.dmg
A new Windows version will also follow in a few days.

Major improvements:
- Support for international text / UTF8
- Compatible with the latest versions for iOS, Android and Facebook
- Fixed several crashing bugs

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 03-21-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1726415)

hello!

what effect will this have on client-exclusive servers?

thank you!

fowlplay4 03-22-2014 12:44 AM

There seems to be a bug on Zodiac with the new client. It seems to be an issue with findareanpcs but alas I don't have a Mac so can't confirm it.

Nvm it was a check like this:

temp.npc.attr[4] == ""

that failed when the attr[4] was set to "1 1" and similar.

Seem to have to do this.last = @attr[4]; echo(this.last == @attr[4]); to compare it properly.

Playerlist + PM Bug:

Quote:

All right.
Finally pinpointed it to my habit more than an actual bug.

It's when you click F7 while being able to type inside pm box.

So I double click someone's name from F7 and hit F7 again.
Instead of closing the playerlist back out like in previous versions it writes it into the Pm.

So just hitting F7 in the pm results in ___
While hitting F7 and clicking to the far right of it, as shown in the earlier video, makes ___ïœ Š appear.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NEX...ature=youtu.be

Admins 03-25-2014 04:11 PM

Fixed the problem with F7, released 6.111

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 03-25-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1726421)
hello!

what effect will this have on client-exclusive servers?

thank you!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/8/bummmp.gif

Admins 03-26-2014 02:52 PM

It just means that we might open more mobile/Facebook servers to PC version once the Windows v6.1 is released.

Gos_pira 03-26-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1726450)
It just means that we might open more mobile/Facebook servers to PC version once the Windows v6.1 is released.

Finally! Please release Classic for PC.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 03-26-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1726450)

hello!

hasnt this been something that you "might" do for a number of years?
ive seen several instances both publicly and privately where this has been confirmed and then unconfirmed and then made ambiguous again, in the mean time existing pc servers have been left to fester with the out-dated policies

thank you for the swift response!

Stephen 03-26-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1726453)
hello!

hasnt this been something that you "might" do for a number of years?
ive seen several instances both publicly and privately where this has been confirmed and then unconfirmed and then made ambiguous again, in the mean time existing pc servers have been left to fester with the out-dated policies

thank you for the swift response!

What you're describing is an over-arching goal. I anticipate this is something they're working towards.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 03-26-2014 06:28 PM

for it to be a goal it needs to be something you stick to and not keep changing your mind about it or defaulting to "hm not sure", otherwise its simply an idea

Stephen 03-26-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1726456)
for it to be a goal it needs to be something you stick to and not keep changing your mind about it or defaulting to "hm not sure", otherwise its simply an idea

This looks pretty clear to me.
Quote:

Major improvements:
- Support for international text / UTF8
- Fixed several crashing bugs

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 03-26-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1726472)
This looks pretty clear to me.

if that is how you interpret it then fair enough, but it is possibly worth mentioning that it was compatible with mobile & facebook the last time the v6 client was updated, and nothing else has changed since then

though you would think graal administration would be gracious enough to give playerworld administration members actual knowledge of what to expect rather than leaving everyone guessing for so long

Torankusu 03-27-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1726473)
though you would think graal administration would be gracious enough to give playerworld administration members actual knowledge of what to expect rather than leaving everyone guessing for so long

I'd assume improved security features iOS and FB servers already have integrated in regards to user detection, but seem to be ignored by the pc client.

But again, keyword, assume.

Gos_pira 03-27-2014 01:19 PM

I wish that Eurocenter would be more open and clear about their plans/goals and seriously take suggestions into consideration when developing the engine, both from players and developers.

Maybe a developer blog? Or a milestone plan? Even if milestones are changed due to unexpected circumstances we'd know by the information being changed somewhere. Instead of just blindly assuming that "maybe next year".

Examples of promises that hasn't happened: New dev tools, "flying tech", guides for how to achieve FB/iOS/Android status for your server, and more.

We've been let down so many times at this point, so we know not to expect anything to happen. If it happens, that's great, otherwise, bummer.

Something like this might be useful for everyone.

Being able to vote for features and see what's going on is great, and everything doesn't needs to be visible either.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 03-29-2014 11:34 AM

the problem described by fowlplay4 also seems to be happening for player.attr[] values with mac users, and likewise i do not use mac so cant confirm or debug it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gos_pira (Post 1726479)
I wish that Eurocenter would be more open and clear about their plans/goals

i have it on reliable authority that their logic is "we dont announce our plans because people complain when it doesnt happen". they dont seem to understand that it is mostly the lack of an explanation or status update which has caused people to complain in the past, effectively causing a vicious cycle

there is/was also an element of planning to do things which would inconvenience certain section(s) of the community, like wanting iera and iclassic respectively to amalgamate era and gta, knowing full well that an actual merge is impossible