Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rate this path level (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58429)

Crono1508 04-03-2005 07:20 PM

Rate this path level

Alright.. I'm not much of a outside leveler but I tried the best I could do.
I made a pathway level that I basically ripped off the pathway, fencing off of one of UM's levels. Same thing but just different lining of the pathway.

Anyways here it is..

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/5831/new60zl.th.png

I know I'm going to get a lot of nasty comments that I have a lot tile errors.. X_X

Inspiration 04-03-2005 07:35 PM

Yeah, something about the fencing style is oddly familiar...

Oh wait.

Waltz5 04-03-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspiration
Yeah, something about the fencing style is oddly familiar...

Oh wait.

Dude he already said he basically took it. And just because you come up with a style, which isn't even the case, doesn't make it yours.

As for the level itself, it's not that bad at all. Personally I think that fence style is ugly and totally impractical... but hey if you like it go for it.

Inspiration 04-03-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waltz5
Dude he already said he basically took it. And just because you come up with a style, which isn't even the case, doesn't make it yours.

As for the level itself, it's not that bad at all. Personally I think that fence style is ugly and totally impractical... but hey if you like it go for it.

Hello, my name is Sergeant Sarcasm. I am here today to teach you a new word!

"Sarcasm" (thats pronouced SAR-CAS-EM) is a witty comment meant to poke fun at someone or something, and can often mean the opposite of what it actually says!

For example:

Jane: I GOTZ A 65 ON MY TEST !!
Adam: Oh, wow, you're reeeaaal smart Jane!

Now, obviously in this exchange, Adam does not believe Jane to actually be intelligent, as a 65 is not a good score on a test. You can also tell by the way he drags the word "real" out that something might be slightly mocking about his statement!

Now, let us analyze the small exchange between "Crono1508" and "Inspiration" on the Graal Online Message Board.

"Crono1508" has posted a level, and credits the style to a "UM".

Then, the next post afterwards another user named "Inspiration" comments that something might be familar about it! Hmm, I wonder why this could be! He also says "Oh wait." Well what for what! I just don't get it.

Oh! I see now! According to his signature, his name is unknownmirage, which is probably the "UM" mentioned in "Crono1508"s post!

Now, we can assume by the word "Yeah" in "UM"s post, that he is acknowledging "Crono1508"s comment, and that he reconizes this style to be familar! Being that he does not once accuse "Crono1508" of stealing or copying, and does not make a single hostile remark to him, must mean something!!

Which now brings us back to the final part. "Oh wait". I think I get it now! He was acting like he just came to the realization that HE was unknownmirage , the person who made the fencing style that inspired "Crono1508" and was being sarcastic all along!!

unknownmirage, you clever devil you!

Sergeant Sarcasm, over and out!

Crono1508 04-03-2005 08:40 PM

UM just owned you Waltz5. ;)

Waltz5 04-03-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspiration
snip

Well excuse me for not being able to tell sarcasm on these forums where nothing can be taken in any context unless noted, since it is just text, and I have no clue who you are.

Zero Hour 04-03-2005 09:07 PM

I see no reason for the fence, the only signs of this being someone's property is the sign, and the small bench - which is equally ridiculous. There should be a path worn to the bench, and a small shortcut from the original path leading there, and some broken fence so it looks like it's used frequently.

Crono1508 04-03-2005 09:25 PM

Hey.. I have an idea.

Inspiration 04-03-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Well excuse me for not being able to tell sarcasm on these forums where nothing can be taken in any context unless noted, since it is just text, and I have no clue who you are.

Best reconize! Holla!

ETD 04-03-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Just assume that 95% of what UM says here is sarcasm, and you'll be safe
;)

And is that level the one with Nem's spar in it, above level1?
:P
because that's what it looks like to me...
:)

Crono1508 04-03-2005 10:31 PM

Oh.. but it isn't.

D4rKv310c1ty 04-03-2005 11:56 PM

hey the levels OK, I dont understand how its 'oddly familiar' overall whoever did make it, I believe it has a nice theme to it, sort of Medieval junction.. I like!

ETD 04-04-2005 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono1508
Oh.. but it isn't.

pretty close if you ask me
:P
but yeah, different
:)

Snakeandy7 04-04-2005 10:54 AM

I thought it was n-pulse when I saw it straight away o_O..