Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Bring back Classic levels and hit detection? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85415)

contego 05-03-2009 03:38 AM

Bring back Classic levels and hit detection?

I would like to see the original Classic with it's original hit detection. It's clear that Classic's player count has dropped for quite sometime and I believe it's because of this change. I would definitely replay and I feel that it would encourage many "oldbies" to come back. I can say I was disinterested in playing Classic once that hit detection was released and would like to see the old levels and hit detection back.

Rufus 05-03-2009 03:41 AM

Safety blanket.

Luda 05-03-2009 03:45 AM

I voted 2 but I'd rather have a vote for "Bring back old HD and work on making the OW better"

gravator 05-03-2009 03:48 AM

I certainly would like something done, the two best servers graal ever had and with all the work that's said to be done still seem to be stuck in limbo. Something i can only say for myself and my own feelings, is kingdoms never quite gave me any feelings of nostalgia quite like graal 2001 and classic have.

smokeraider 05-03-2009 03:50 AM

Oldskool plz

jacob_bald6225 05-03-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda (Post 1488576)
I voted 2 but I'd rather have a vote for "Bring back old HD and work on making the OW better"

Is what I want too.

contego 05-03-2009 03:59 AM

MASTERSTORM is an old friend, very old friend. I mean no disrespect but in my opinion he has to come to the realization that it isn't Classic that he has on there. Classic is Classic meaning Graal the Adventure. I've spoken to Stefan about but he doesn't believe players would support Classic if they returned it to it's original playerworld/hit detection. I really don't understand why MASTERSTORM likes this way being that he started Classic and fell inlove with it when it had the old hit detection.

ffcmike 05-03-2009 04:02 AM

I've been trying to determine if the Dev Team feel that Developing with Default Systems on a seperate server would be the best way forward but not primarily for the sake of Hit Detection and Nostalgia,
but for the sake of having a clean foundation inwhich to build upon, and systems which are well documented and that most Developers on Graal are familiar with them.

BlackSolider 05-03-2009 04:12 AM

Voted to bring back original HD since it has to be better than the two we currently have.

MysticX2X 05-03-2009 04:22 AM

I think Classic now can be improved rather than going to old levels...

Default systems/hit detection surely is the better question here.

jacob_bald6225 05-03-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1488586)
I've been trying to determine if the Dev Team feel that Developing with Default Systems on a seperate server would be the best way forward but not primarily for the sake of Hit Detection and Nostalgia,
but for the sake of having a clean foundation inwhich to build upon, and systems which are well documented and that most Developers on Graal are familiar with them.

The illusion of a playercount will take a big hit if you move away the development.

Ares 05-03-2009 05:12 AM

since basically all current and ex-players say "if the default hit detection was back, i'd definitely play classic again" you might as well do it since none of the new ideas being added aren't doing so hot..

Corp1 05-03-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares (Post 1488601)
since basically all ex-players say "if the default hit detection was back, i'd definitely play classic again" you might as well do it since none of the new ideas being added aren't doing so hot..

Whatever gets people playing again.

Cyril 05-03-2009 05:33 AM

Old School Graal =O

Man, no server ever struck me like Classic did back in versions 1.34 and I know im not the only one. The people, the server, the sparring. I definitely believe that a lot more people would come back if the old classic had a place again, whether it is replacing current classic, or getting its own server.
If this were to seriously happen, it would most definitely bring some players back. And yea lets be honest here, classic doesnt really have anyhting going for it right now, im surprised it still has players. But OMG, i want old school Supernicks back =(
with the first carpet spar =(
:noob:

-Ramirez- 05-03-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1488586)

I personally love to make the core parts of a server, and would consider helping in that regard. If it isn't being done from scratch though, I want nothing to do with it. There's very little that currently exists that isn't pure garbage.

However, if EVERYONE is going to be doing this, I don't see that it's going to be very beneficial, given that it'll probably take quite a while (depending on availability of workers) to get it completed. (Which would be leaving the current server basically abandoned development-wise.) Then again, making new things on the current server when an entirely new foundation is going to be introduced doesn't make any sense. I don't really know what to suggest.