Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Macport (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134259974)

napo_p2p 07-28-2010 08:55 AM

Gonstruct Macport

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a MacPort for gonstruct that *should* work. I've tested it with a clean build using 64-bit Snow Leopard. Now, if you have a Mac… I need you to test it too (please :).

Anyways, first install MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/install.php). I recommend just installing it from disk images.
Link approved by *Sam

Until I get gonstruct checked-in as an official port, you will have to create a local ports tree for gonstruct.

Download the attachment, and put it into your home directory. Now in a terminal:
NPC Code:
$ cd
$ tar xvf gonstruct-port.tar.gz

Edit /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf and insert a URL pointing to your local repository location before the rsync URL as shown:
NPC Code:
file:///Users/YOURUSER/ports
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports [default]

NOTE: Make sure you replace YOURUSER with your actual username.

Now you can build and install gonstruct:
NPC Code:
$ sudo port install gonstruct

Since the dependency list is quite large, it will take a while to build. Go play your favorite Graal server for an hour (or two… or three?) while gonstruct builds.

Once done (hopefully with no errors!), you can start gonstruct simply by doing:
NPC Code:
$ gonstruct

If at least one other person verifies that this works, I will go ahead and submit the port to MacPorts so it is part of the official ports tree, and these instructions will become a whole lot simpler :).

LordOfPi13 07-28-2010 10:20 AM

So far no errors

I'm about 10 minutes into compiling with no errors so far :)

EDIT:: Okay so it finished compiling and I get the error "Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Permission denied: "/Users/LORDOFPI13/.fseventsd"" in Gonstruct and "Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-4JviS7/:0"." in Terminal :(

Fry 07-28-2010 10:37 AM

Worked fine for me, good job :)
There seems to be an error with gonstruct crashing when exiting which seems to be related to gtkglarea. Going to look into it at some point, just make sure to save before you exit~

cbk1994 07-28-2010 04:07 PM

Works great, thanks a lot :). That will definitely help me out.

maximus_asinus 07-28-2010 05:15 PM

Impressed as always Napo. Rep++

napo_p2p 07-28-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordOfPi13 (Post 1589917)
I'm about 10 minutes into compiling with no errors so far :)

EDIT:: Okay so it finished compiling and I get the error "Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Permission denied: "/Users/LORDOFPI13/.fseventsd"" in Gonstruct and "Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-4JviS7/:0"." in Terminal :(

The RANDR error is benign (X11 configuration error... but gonstruct will still at least run). The other error just looks like a permissions issue. For starters, you can try:
NPC Code:
$ sudo gonstruct

If that works, then I would just double check the permissions on ~/.fseventsd so you don't have to run gonstruct with escalated privileges.

Fry 07-28-2010 09:04 PM

That happens if you set the graal directory to your home directory or something similarly silly, going to add better handling of that at some point. Until then you can always edit your preferences directly at ~/.config/gonstruct/preferences

LordOfPi13 07-28-2010 11:53 PM

Okay, got it working. :) I'm sure many people will enjoy this in the future.

napo_p2p 08-11-2010 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Updated the port to version 0.2.3 (new archive attached).

If you have already installed gonstruct, you will just have to replace your old local ports directory with the one in the archive, then the following command should update it:

NPC Code:
sudo port upgrade gonstruct

I have submitted the gonstruct port to MacPorts, so hopefully it will become an 'official' port.

Alure1316 08-14-2010 05:06 AM

I got stuck at the inserting URL part.. :(

LordOfPi13 09-04-2010 12:05 PM

I was running Gonstruct as usual today, but when I closed Gonstruct I realized that there was a bunch of errors in terminal. Hopefully I will add them to this post later as I am on a mobile device at the moment.

Fogell 09-06-2010 05:21 AM

Do you guys know what the error
"Xcode is not installed, or was installed with UNIX Development (10.5+) or Command Line Support (10.4) deselected."

or how to solve it when your installing macports?

cbk1994 09-06-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogell (Post 1599142)
Do you guys know what the error
"Xcode is not installed, or was installed with UNIX Development (10.5+) or Command Line Support (10.4) deselected."

or how to solve it when your installing macports?

It's pretty self-explanatory? Install Xcode.

Fogell 09-06-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1599147)
It's pretty self-explanatory? Install Xcode.

O that would make sense lmao

LordOfPi13 09-07-2010 07:27 AM

Error

I guess it's to late to edit my last post, but here's my output from terminal during normal use of Gonstruct. I'm not sure if it means anything, but I'm guessing it does because it looks fancy.
PHP Code:

Last loginSun Sep  5 11:21:02 on ttys000
LordOfPi13
:~ LordOfPi13gonstruct
Xlib
:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-6RM8Cw/org.x:0".
Caching... done

(gonstruct:9132): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

(gonstruct:9132): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

Mon Sep  6 19
:18:51 LordOfPi13.local gonstruct[9132] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgumentCGSGetSurfaceBounds
Mon Sep  6 19
:18:51 LordOfPi13.local gonstruct[9132] <Error>: kCGErrorFailureSet a breakpoint CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
Mon Sep  6 19:18:51 LordOfPi13.local gonstruct[9132] <Error>: unknown error codeinvalid drawable

(gonstruct:9132): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'application-octet-stream'The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either
perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:

http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases