Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GK trials (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76539)

ReBorn_Spirit 08-28-2007 03:18 AM

GK trials

So uhm, whats the deal? I report a bug only to find out that you simply dont fix it, but instead don't allow trials to do that.

Maps and boats are things that should have been fixed but were not, instead you just limited their use to non trials. If this is the case I might as well just live with the bugs, as I'd rather not limit trials anymore...

Crono 08-28-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit (Post 1344058)
Maps and boats are things that should have been fixed but were not, instead you just limited their use to non trials. If this is the case I might as well just live with the bugs, as I'd rather not limit trials anymore...

I don't see how they're being more limited on GK when they're actually getting saved.

ReBorn_Spirit 08-28-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1344104)
I don't see how they're being more limited on GK when they're actually getting saved.

I reported that they got stuck in maps when the map ended while they were in observer mode. Now they cannot use maps.

Observer mode got them stuck in the water because it froze their character while driving a boat, or just standing on them. Well as nice as that wasnt, they can't even get on a boat now. It wouldnt even put them into the cargo hold, or if on the ferry wouldnt wait until they got off. So now they have to use dungeons now which take hours to map at their normal speed.

Then the observer mode was playing with the trade tables, that too was removed from their list of things to do. SO now every day I hear about these "new people" being ripped off and scammed because they cannot use the tables.

Also a new bug revealed itself, trials crafting iron items in a blacksmith actually lose their iron that is in their pliers, and time waisted from burning coal that isnt in use because they are forced to wait.

In short, GK just isnt a place for observer mode until these issues get resolved, NOT LIMITED(restricted)!

Either its going to be all fixed soon, or there just won't be trials anymore on GK at this rate. I would offer to help fix these things but I think Stefan and/or Bjorn are busy with other things. Since these bugs seem to do more damage being reported I should probably delete this post too, to prevent someone restricting them further. Trying to advertise a good game so you can get customers, not showing them how much you forgot to fix when you released the system.

I would propose that a flag be added to the server that will not allow observer mode to take place when trials are doing things like crafting / baking, riding a ferry, mapping. Just simple take the time they have put the observer mode on pause onto their waiting time, and keep that in record so they can't just close the game and relaunch it to avoid the excese time they build up.

Admins 08-28-2007 12:06 PM

The limitations of not using ships and trade tables is not new, it was there long time ago. Can check if it's causing problems though.

ReBorn_Spirit 08-28-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1344126)
The limitations of not using ships and trade tables is not new, it was there long time ago. Can check if it's causing problems though.

Observer mode should simple let them cancel the trade or put them into cargo hold for the worst case scenario. The best possible solution might be to put a built in pause feature for a limited amount of time so they can complete this and then server their observer time.

Sam 08-28-2007 01:13 PM

Trials shouldn't be able to leave main islands. I every day get requests from trials to summon them back from any kingdom.

ReBorn_Spirit 08-28-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 1344138)
Trials shouldn't be able to leave main islands. I every day get requests from trials to summon them back from any kingdom.

Send them my way, I'll take em back to main.
^^

Or you can show them those crazy forum maps Googi posted... Or maybe let them take the ferry...

Besides, it would be impossible for people like John to play and run their kingdom in trial mode if they couldnt even get to their kingdom, or even for trials in kingdoms to have a house. Unless you want houses on main, the ferry is the only vialable option. They have to store things too just like we do.

Ravenblade1979 08-28-2007 02:52 PM

Actually I agree with sam. Keep them on main. its going to come down to building houses next and storing stuff so they don't have too upgrade to gold. I would say let them run on main having fun. Hopefully people get smarter about giving them items to try and stuff. If too much more is given to them to be able to do they will never get gold and we all know that.

Switch 08-28-2007 09:17 PM

Besides, there's not really much to do in a kingdom besides houses. Just play the game with your stuff like I do :D

ReBorn_Spirit 08-29-2007 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1344276)
Besides, there's not really much to do in a kingdom besides houses. Just play the game with your stuff like I do :D

This all might change though soon enough. Especially if we are to ever go for kingdom specific items or to expand GK to be more appealing.

Googi 08-29-2007 06:47 AM

Sounds like there needs to be a script function made for the player going into observer mode.

ReBorn_Spirit 08-29-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1344478)
Sounds like there needs to be a script function made for the player going into observer mode.

Quite right, that is what needs to be done.
However the rest is mostly just opinion.

Ravenblade1979 08-30-2007 02:33 PM

-.- great kingdom specific items which means they will be begging next to get into a kingdom just to get the items. Like we really need that crap.

cyan3 08-30-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1344742)
-.- great kingdom specific items which means they will be begging next to get into a kingdom just to get the items. Like we really need that crap.

As far as i know every kindom leader has striked rules not to add triel accounts.

kia345 08-30-2007 11:23 PM

Trial island would be so hard to bring back, right?