Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Windows v6 beta test (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257598)

Twinny 01-24-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1552102)
This one still isn't fixed.
When I drag the playerlist over my window this happens

This problem has already been addressed by Stefan as a Windows problem rather than a Graal problem and could only be fixed by putting the player list in a separate thread but that would be a pain in the arse. This kind of effect only occurs on pre-vista Windows clients since Vista and beyond cache window's image to prevent that effect.

Read through this entire thread so you are up-to-date :)

Vima 01-24-2010 05:49 PM

But why does it work fine in the older/current version?

cyan3 01-24-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

and could you add a "warpto" button on the playerlist? (The ones we have on the old playerlist)
I'd really appreciate that because I always use that function.

If you login to the login 2 server you'll get the updated playerlist which has a warpto button.

DustyPorViva 01-24-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1552106)
But why does it work fine in the older/current version?

Current uses a coded external playerlist, while the new version uses a scripted(GS2) playerlist.

Liberated 01-24-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1552117)
Current uses a coded external playerlist, while the new version uses a scripted(GS2) playerlist.

Can't they just like copy the external one from the old version, and allow you to choose between scripted(GS2), and external?

DustyPorViva 01-24-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberated (Post 1552121)
Can't they just like copy the external one from the old version, and allow you to choose between scripted(GS2), and external?

He's doing away with all that. It's to make the client more compatible between the platforms, as Windows is currently the only client that still uses coded playerlist and such.

Hiro 01-24-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1552122)
He's doing away with all that.

i just hope i can disable HTML on the new one. i hate having people sending me images of mutilated genitals and other malicious HTML coding inside the PM box

DustyPorViva 01-24-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 1552125)
i just hope i can disable HTML on the new one. i hate having people sending me images of mutilated genitals and other malicious HTML coding inside the PM box

Check the playerlist on login2. Should already be a way to disable HTML.

cbk1994 01-24-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberated (Post 1552121)

They should, but probably won't. Stefan has avoided discussing it, probably because he knows no one likes the new playerlist compared to the v5 dockable one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1552122)
He's doing away with all that. It's to make the client more compatible between the platforms, as Windows is currently the only client that still uses coded playerlist and such.

I don't think it's so much for "leveling the playing field" between platforms, or even to make the clients match. It seems to me to be more about getting rid of the Delphi windows with scripted ones that can be modified from the Login server... which seems totally pointless given the removal of so much functionality this brings.

Tigairius 01-24-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

and could you add a "warpto" button on the playerlist? (The ones we have on the old playerlist)
I'd really appreciate that because I always use that function.

Please read the first post about getting the most updated playerlist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1552138)
They should, but probably won't. Stefan has avoided discussing it, probably because he knows no one likes the new playerlist compared to the v5 dockable one.

That's not necessarily true. The new playerlist on login 2 isn't really that bad.

Crono 01-24-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1552146)
That's not necessarily true. The new playerlist on login 2 isn't really that bad.

It's not better than the external one we currently have on v5 though, imo.

LoneAngelIbesu 01-24-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1552148)
It's not better than the external one we currently have on v5 though, imo.

I hate the external playerlist. If all of it was external, it would be fine. But having the list be external, but the PM windows not be external... that's just annoying.

Crono 01-24-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1552151)
I hate the external playerlist. If all of it was external, it would be fine. But having the list be external, but the PM windows not be external... that's just annoying.

Which is why I posted...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono
If changing the FPS around isn't possible then atleast keep the option to use the external playerlist window we've got now on v5 and re-add the external PM windows from v2/v4 on the Windows client. :|

zephirot 01-24-2010 09:59 PM

I'd love if you guys used Rage's GIM (I think it was the name?), twas cool as hell.

cbk1994 01-24-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1552146)

Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't dock on the side of the screen, which makes it an unbearable downgrade for those who used the feature.