Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Scripting Engine (GS2) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Scripted RC (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73833)

Skyld 05-05-2007 06:44 PM

Scripted RC

Scripted RC (18/02/2008)

Notice: Normal scripts cannot use Client-RC anymore. Read more.

This thread will be used to keep track of recent updates and problems in the latest versions of the Scripted RC. There were previously older threads, which can be found at the References section towards the end of this post.

For information surrounding the development of the Client-RC functionality in the gserver, please click here.

The Scripted RC allows RC-like functionality built-into the client. You can access the Scripted RC by pressing the F6 key on a server that you have admin access to.

To use the Scripted RC, you must have your RC set up like a normal RC (be listed in the staff= serveroption, and have your IP range set correctly in your rights).

Current capabilities of the Scripted RC/fixed bugs:
  1. Editing attributes (which are edited seperately; flags, attributes, chests and weapons);
  2. Editing comments;
  3. Editing player bans using the new ban system;
  4. Disconnecting players (optionally with a disconnect reason);
  5. Resetting player's attributes;
  6. Sending admin messages (both to a single player and all players);
  7. Viewing ban history and staff activity of players;
  8. Uploading, downloading and deleting files in the file manager;
  9. Editing server script flags;
  10. Editing server options;
  11. Editing folder configuration;
  12. Adding weapons, classes and Database NPCs;
  13. Editing weapon scripts;
  14. Editing class scripts;
  15. Editing DB NPC scripts and flags;
  16. Not displaying the Scripted RC unless clientrc was started successfully;
  17. Deleting DB NPCs, weapons, class scripts;
  18. Editing player local server rights;
  19. Resetting DB NPCs (currently using the /resetnpc command)
  20. Improved the logon check for Scripted RC;
  21. It is now shown whether the active ban is a global ban;
  22. Fixed a couple of bugs which were causing problems;
  23. Ban and error windows are now closed when switching servers;
  24. A way to see next available ID when creating database NPCs;
  25. The scrollbars are displayed properly in the Script Editor;
  26. Tabs in the script editor might mess up when having both script and attributes open;
  27. It is difficult to tell if someone is banned locally or globally;
  28. A way to log out of the Scripted RC without having to reconnect to the server;
  29. Ban history button is now shown in the ban window;
  30. Searching the account list;
  31. Adding/editing accounts;
  32. Options window to replace /set for changing open on login and chat logging;
  33. External GUI windows supported where the client supports it. This will be widespread with the next client update.

Things which need to be added:
  1. Moving and renaming files in the file browser;
  2. Viewing variable dumps;
  3. Showing how long bans last on the ban type list.

Known problems (will eventually be fixed):
  1. Playerlist is known to misgroup people (Server Admins and Server Players) where there are lots of players online. This is not really a problem but can just make it harder to find staff. This will be corrected in future Graal client versions.

References:
  1. "Scripted RC release" (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=71944)
  2. "Scripted RC" (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=68912)
  3. "Client-RC updates" (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=68580)
Current notes regarding the Scripted RC:
  • The attributes in the Scripted RC work differently, and are separated into four different sections:
    • /open - for opening general attributes such as look and basic flags
    • /openflags - for viewing and editing client script flags
    • /openchests - for viewing and editing opened chests
    • /openweapons - for changing player's weapon lists
  • Currently there is no button to reset DB NPCs, however you can still reset them by typing /resetnpc <npcname> into RC chat.
  • To add NPCs, send broadcast admin messages and perform some functions on yourself, you must open the script menu by pressing the bottom-right button on the main RC window.

If you are noticing any errors or problems while using the Scripted RC, please post them so that they can be resolved in the next update.

Switch 05-13-2007 10:39 PM

I don't really see any... erm... change, in my RC... I also tried to put it as a fired-clientside wep. DIdn't work. :confused:

Switch 07-14-2007 10:40 PM

Umm... Looking back at this old post...
Nevermind xD
I didn't know it was client-side xD

Skyld 07-15-2007 03:30 PM

I feel I should note now that Client-RC no longer works in normal scripts. If any scripts on your server are using Client-RC functionality, you should remove it. For security reasons, only scripts from the login server are allowed access. This will not affect Mac users already using the Scripted RC by pressing F6.

The restrictclientrctoweapons= serveroption will also become redundant as a result.

I imagine soon that my Scripted RC will be enabled for Windows and Linux users too, so there will be no need to keep it on your server.

cbk1994 07-15-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1330720)
I feel I should note now that Client-RC no longer works in normal scripts. If any scripts on your server are using Client-RC functionality, you should remove it. For security reasons, only scripts from the login server are allowed access.

The restrictclientrctoweapons= serveroption will also become redundant as a result.

I imagine soon that my Scripted RC will be enabled for Windows and Linux users too, so there will be no need to keep it on your server.

So can Mac still use it? It hasn't been working on my Mac.

Skyld 07-15-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1330727)
So can Mac still use it? It hasn't been working on my Mac.

Yes. This won't affect Mac users already using it.

Skyld 07-15-2007 06:48 PM

I have updated the script of the Scripted RC, the following things have changed:
  • Script editor tabs are now working properly when you have both the script and the flags of an NPC open;
  • It is now using the GUI style that you have selected in F3 options;
  • The next available DB NPC ID is retrieved and placed into the Add NPC window automatically;
  • A Script Help button has been added now, so you can get documentation on script functions without flooding your RC chat;
  • RC chat text is escaped properly now, so HTML tags won't mess things up in RC chat;
  • There is an Upload button in the file manager so that if there are no files in a folder, you can still upload files;
  • You can now close your Client-RC session without having to log out of the server (by using the script menu).
I'll improve the file manager some more some other time.

The script will be placed onto the login server later, you will receive the update automatically when you reconnect to Graal.

CremisiSteam 01-28-2008 08:57 AM

umm I cant read any of my scripts at all... actually anything that opens one of the script files and or text files and shows a white text box...

no text is seen... also when highlighting it highlights in yellow...

I can copy it and load it into notepad on my pc but I cant actually read it online using the editor... not sure why it happens to me though...

any of the f6 rc control boxes I load cause trouble for me... dunno why but they do but it sorta makes it a bit harder to see what is there and stuff...

Twinny 01-28-2008 01:19 PM

Update your graphics driver. Did wonders for me.

CremisiSteam 01-29-2008 08:53 AM

cant update mine anymore XD and I have no graphics problems other than instead of black text showing up its there but it is not...

it only happens in those white script editor dialog type things...
and then only in the scripted rc editor

Admins 01-29-2008 06:19 PM

May be it's a problem with the particular font used for the script editor. Have you tried to disable bitmap fonts in the options?

CremisiSteam 01-30-2008 09:13 AM

well umm now I cant see any text at all... XD haha
disabled bitmap text and its all gone throught the hole game...

ok in order for me to see any game text at I had to remove the filecache and the config file...

but still can not see the scripted rc script window haha...

CremisiSteam 02-02-2008 11:55 PM

hmm ok I tried uninstalling the whole graal client...

but whenever I try and use the ingame rc...

I can use everything in it but changing/adding weapon npc's and serverflags/folderoptions/serveroptions

all of those show an empty white box... the boxes are the editable text boxes I guess...
I can use the rc fine but I cannot see thescripts so I can still upload files and that kind of stuff

Skyld 02-18-2008 02:59 AM

I have been updating the Scripted RC again:
  • Script editor 'Delete' button now has a confirmation window before deleting scripts;
  • Attributes window has been rearranged to work more like the external RC with "Stats", "Look" and "Basic Attributes" tabs;
  • Scripted RC is now capable of searching the accounts list, reading/modifying accounts (for high admins and globals mostly);
  • The three script editor buttons have now been consolidated into one.
This is not yet released, as I will probably add more changes before releasing, but this is just to let you know that it is still being developed and that there is a release coming in the next couple of days.

Things I intend to work on for future versions:
  • Rearranging the Rights window to work more like the external RC with tabs;
  • Improved ban window to show global and computer bans;
  • Moving functions out of the Script Menu into independent buttons;
  • Fixing the playerlist to group admins and players properly;
  • Combo boxes in the attributes window for looks (colours);
  • Staff activity buttons in openaccess, and global ban/computer ban info if possible;
  • Showing how long bans last on the ban list;
  • Resizable edit account window;
  • Changing button order so that tab key is presenting natural order;
  • Adding more Key shortcuts, and using onAction on text fields to accept enter key.
The Scripted RC is also using external GUI windows in the new game client, so when the upgrade becomes available, the Scripted RC no longer uses built-in windows, but instead, external windows that are separate from the game window, and can be used while the game is minimized, etc.

If you have any bug reports or suggestions, please post them here.

cbk1994 02-18-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1375475)
I have been updating the Scripted RC again:
  • Script editor 'Delete' button now has a confirmation window before deleting scripts;
  • Attributes window has been rearranged to work more like the external RC with "Stats", "Look" and "Basic Attributes" tabs;
  • Scripted RC is now capable of searching the accounts list, reading/modifying accounts (for high admins and globals mostly);
  • The three script editor buttons have now been consolidated into one.
This is not yet released, as I will probably add more changes before releasing, but this is just to let you know that it is still being developed and that there is a release coming in the next couple of days.

Things I intend to work on for future versions:
  • Rearranging the Rights window to work more like the external RC with tabs;
  • Improved ban window to show global and computer bans;
  • Moving functions out of the Script Menu into independent buttons;
  • Fixing the playerlist to group admins and players properly.
The Scripted RC is also using external GUI windows in the new game client, so when the upgrade becomes available, the Scripted RC no longer uses built-in windows, but instead, external windows that are separate from the game window, and can be used while the game is minimized, etc.

If you have any bug reports or suggestions, please post them here.

OMG I LOVE YOU <3

I SHALL ATTEMPT TO REP YOU, BUT I WILL PROBABLY HAVE SOME ERRUR.