Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Mac v6 beta test (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85509)

cbk1994 10-06-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1527965)
Yes, but Stefan doesn't want to, nor should he have to, go sift for code, that's why I asked him to post the specific part that was causing problems.

I'll do a little bit of poking around tomorrow and see if I can isolate the problem.

EDIT: I can, however, confirm that the bug does not exist on Windows.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1580/confirms.png

Admins 10-07-2009 01:36 AM

You create the window and then resize it manually and it crashes? I could imagine that there is some problem when deleting and recreating windows, or when unhiding the window using the mac menu. Please tell me server name and script which I should add to myself so that I can debug it.

cbk1994 10-07-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1528114)
You create the window and then resize it manually and it crashes? I could imagine that there is some problem when deleting and recreating windows, or when unhiding the window using the mac menu. Please tell me server name and script which I should add to myself so that I can debug it.

Era Dev and "Staff/SQL Explorer" (press N to open), but you may want to wait until I've had a chance to see if I can figure out what's causing it. It's a decently-sized script that would take a while to comb through, I think.

Skyld 10-07-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1528114)
You create the window and then resize it manually and it crashes? I could imagine that there is some problem when deleting and recreating windows, or when unhiding the window using the mac menu. Please tell me server name and script which I should add to myself so that I can debug it.

I noticed that if you have the Scripted RC set to open on connect on the Login server, or sometimes even having just opened it on Login manually, when you switch servers, the old window is not destroyed as it should be. The window "ghosts" and becomes unresponsive, and trying to close the old window makes the client crash. It is probably related to that. I think I told you about that already though.

cbk1994 10-07-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1528125)
I noticed that if you have the Scripted RC set to open on connect on the Login server, or sometimes even having just opened it on Login manually, when you switch servers, the old window is not destroyed as it should be. The window "ghosts" and becomes unresponsive, and trying to close the old window makes the client crash. It is probably related to that. I think I told you about that already though.

I have noticed this as well with PMs.

cbk1994 10-07-2009 04:46 AM

Also seems to be a problem with certain sounds (64-bit version) - they seem to loop after a certain point (e.g. on Era, listen to an explosion or even certain guns).

cbk1994 10-08-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1528123)
Era Dev and "Staff/SQL Explorer" (press N to open), but you may want to wait until I've had a chance to see if I can figure out what's causing it. It's a decently-sized script that would take a while to comb through, I think.

I managed to isolate it, though not to a specific part:

PHP Code:

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onKeyPressed(codekey) {
  if (
key == "3") {
    
showExplorer();
  }
}

function 
showExplorer() {
  new 
GuiWindowCtrl("SQL_Window") {
    
profile GuiBlueWindowProfile;

    
width 50;
    
height 50;
            
    
isExternal visible clientRelative true;
    
    new 
GuiControl("SQL_Container") {
      
useownprofile true;
      
profile.opaque true;
      
profile.fillColor "255 255 255";
      
profile.border 1;
      
      
width 30;
      
height SQL_Window.clientheight 2;
      
      
vertSizing "height";      
    }
  }


It seems to be crashing at random while resizing - some times I can resize fine, other times, it crashes the second I do it. When it resizes fine, I'm unable to duplicate the crash until I quit and reopen the client, at which point it will generally crash if I try to resize the window.

Commenting out the vertSizing variable seems to stop the crashing. It doesn't appear to happen with horizSizing, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: You can log on Era Dev and add yourself "Temp/Stripped SQL Explorer".

Mayia 10-10-2009 04:40 PM

How does one get the Mac Beta :o

cbk1994 10-10-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayia (Post 1528889)
How does one get the Mac Beta :o

You might try PMing Skyld, though I'm not sure if he's closed it yet because of too many people.

cbk1994 10-12-2009 08:59 AM

Ignore does not seem to work on the playerlist, not sure what this is the result of.

cbk1994 10-27-2009 12:17 AM

Pressing "OK" in the "Are you sure you want to close Graal?" dialog that pops up after pressing the escape key does nothing.

Admins 11-07-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1529507)
Ignore does not seem to work on the playerlist, not sure what this is the result of.

Works fine for me.

Admins 11-08-2009 12:25 AM

Is the Ctrl+Mouse click really needed, is anyone still using single-button mouses?

Update: new version uploaded for Skyld:
- fixed the crashing bug which cbk1994 has reported
- destroying of external windows should work better
- opening hidden windows using the window menu should work correctly
- pressing 'Yes' in the quit-menu is correctly closing the game

cbk1994 11-08-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1537176)
Is the Ctrl+Mouse click really needed, is anyone still using single-button mouses?

I don't think it's used a lot since it was mostly used for the trackpad and people tend to use the two-finger tap anyway, but it might be a good idea to include it for consistency with other Mac applications.

Admins 11-09-2009 10:17 PM

I've forgot to add that there is also now a scripted filescan message (it scans the .graal folder at startup and displays a message that it is scanning files, with a cancel button).


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.