Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal Free To Play on Facebook and Android (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262480)

unixmad 03-20-2011 08:22 PM

Graal Free To Play on Facebook and Android

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the big News:

1) We are opening a Free To Play Facebook/Web version of Graal Classic and Graal Era.

To make Graal easy to install we have ported the Graal V6 client to Flash technology: Graal V6 client is now fully web based and can run inside the Flash Player 10 on Windows, Mac and Linux.

We are planning to give the opportunity to PlayerWorld owners to move to Free To Play either. We will soon give a list of requirements to move a server Free To Play.

Tomorrow Monday 21 March: We will open a private Beta to test Graal Classic on facebook: Some Graal staff will be invited to be part of this Beta.

Monday 28 March: We will open the Beta test to more beta testers including the 3 winners of my “guess” contest, we will also open Graal Era Facebook version.

Monday 4 April: We will open Graal Classic facebook to Graal Classic iPhone VIP Players. We will explain the iPhone VIP subscription later this week.

If everything runs smoothly with all these steps we will open more Graal Classic/Era Servers and open these servers to everyone.

2) We are releasing the new V6 client for Windows, Mac and Linux
We will release in the forthcoming weeks (First weeks of April) the new native V6 client to everyone.

3) We are releasing an Android version
The Android release will come either in April

4) New developer tools
New Developer Tools including level editor will be released in Mai and June

The Winners of the Guess contest are:
ReptarKingOfTheOZone
LordSquirt
Chompy
Winners, please contact me by mail (unixmad at graalonline.com) with your facebook ID

Please keep the thread clean and try to make creative and interesting comments.

Shadow5596321 03-20-2011 08:23 PM

Disappointment is great.

WanDaMan 03-20-2011 08:23 PM

Wow, nice job!! Looks fun :D

Edit, I would use the space on the right if possible to promote other products such as PC, iPod versions.

Rave_J 03-20-2011 08:26 PM

honestly thats it ? well you said a update i thought u ment a pc fourm why make more platforms when you guys havent even update the pc verison soon iphone verison u guys will quit working on. when was the last time u even update the graal editor or a new server lol and u expect us to pay to play graal lol thats a joke

JesusFreak250 03-20-2011 08:29 PM

i dunno looks ok i guess

SwimChao 03-20-2011 08:29 PM

This is a pretty big deal. Not sure why everyone is so disappointed.

Further expansion on the only investments of "Graal" as a company that is bringing them in any significant revenue.

I'd doubt that PC Graal brings in anymore than is needed to keep the servers afloat.

jorollychu 03-20-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

3) We are releasing an Android version
yep nice

drewprayer 03-20-2011 08:35 PM

awww i thought android version was coming in march :c

i have a android tablet and 3 diferent phones....

stefan said it was coming in march :(

and also you said either in april or what?

Vinka 03-20-2011 08:35 PM

Wow. Uhm, not what I expected, but I hope it'll help promote the PC version.

Wouldn't it be possible to link the PC Graal to the facebook version, without "porting" it to flash and making it seperate? That would be terrific.

Since I just started my own Playerworld, this seems like an incredible opportunity, good job!

JesusFreak250 03-20-2011 08:36 PM

i dont even have an android lol so im not too bothered

unixmad 03-20-2011 08:38 PM

We are starting with Facebook but the web version will be able to run on all web site. We plan to redo the Graalonline web site to allow playing directly inside the web browser. You will even be able to play full screen using the Flash based V6 client.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinka (Post 1637715)
Wow. Uhm, not what I expected, but I hope it'll help promote the PC version.

Wouldn't it be possible to link the PC Graal to the facebook version, without "porting" it to flash and making it seperate? That would be terrific.

Since I just started my own Playerworld, this seems like an incredible opportunity, good job!

drewprayer 03-20-2011 08:39 PM

will you make the facebook version touch screen friendly?

will you make the facebook version touch screen friendly? sence android supports flash?

james544 03-20-2011 08:40 PM

I thought you said there wouldn't be a new platform? Oh well, I guess I'll create a facebook account for graal (not my real one, wtf o.o)

Rave_J 03-20-2011 08:40 PM

ok what about the graal pc community cuz u cant tie them together so its going to be like this iphone community/pc community and then facebook community pretty much. so whats going to new for pc

JesusFreak250 03-20-2011 08:41 PM

lol it might help promote so i cant wait!