Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Remove observer mode on hosted/private servers for Classic accounts. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134267338)

Crono 11-04-2012 07:31 PM

Remove observer mode on hosted/private servers for Classic accounts.

Or even better, just remove it alltogether for everybody so we can explore servers that are in development in peace. It's off putting to run around someone's work only to be forced into observer mode. It kills the mood and I wouldn't be surprised if people get put off by it and no longer wish to develop.

Emera 11-04-2012 07:44 PM

this -^

ffcmike 11-04-2012 07:47 PM

I noticed this when Vinka showed me around Europa, a server which he payed for the privilege of making.

It also prevented tilesets from loading:

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/6252/lolobserver.th.png

If I was a curious trial and I saw this, I'd immediately log off.

It will be interesting to see what happens with private servers when Stefan's traditionally maniacal map restriction is implemented with V6, you can't really monitor all rented servers.

Fulg0reSama 11-04-2012 08:19 PM

There seriously does need to be change, because there is no way players would be honestly interested in playing on a game where your entire experience can be broken of immersion due to the "Please Subscribe Intermission System" as I'll call it, this kind of system works for places like Pandora, where at least waiting for a song to come up isn't necessarily a bad thing, but with a game with potentially "huge worlds" that do have points where if broken off can actually interfere with said world and sometimes as Thor has mentioned, can even become invasive to the point of breaking things, my point being, is that the system serves no true purpose other then to pander for money, you already tell the servers to make limitations so we can work around it, why not just remove it all together?

DustyPorViva 11-04-2012 08:55 PM

Not like UC/hosted servers have any playable content that players would be missing out on.

Felix_Xenophobe 11-04-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1706962)
Not like gold/classic servers have any playable content that players would be missing out on.

ha

VeryVeryScaryBerry1 11-04-2012 09:07 PM

For some odd reason graals owners tend to view trials and unpaying players as leeches unfit to ever enjoy this game in any way :p

Fulg0reSama 11-04-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Not like UC/hosted servers have any playable content that players would be missing out on.

Makes sense when anything worth while got pushed away by things like observer mode and much more.

ffcmike 11-04-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryVeryScaryBerry1 (Post 1706964)
For some odd reason graals owners tend to view trials and unpaying players as leeches unfit to ever enjoy this game in any way :p

Careful, they might think you're trying to scare trials away from Graal.... oh wait.

VeryVeryScaryBerry1 11-04-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1706966)
Careful, they might think you're trying to scare trials away from Graal.... oh wait.

I don't want to do their work for them... oh wait.

DustyPorViva 11-04-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1706965)
Makes sense when anything worth while got pushed away by things like observer mode and much more.

As far I was aware hosted was not a way at advertising an upcoming server, but a way of advertising very incomplete servers with potential to be good; the goal being that being on hosted would draw the interest of developers to help them actually accomplish something. So if they are treating hosted like they said they would, the servers wouldn't have anything worth playing except a bit of starter content.

Crono 11-04-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Went to explore a random server called Erium with Wan and had a little bit of fun, then hopped on Europa. I was limited to observer mode on both occassions. Can't possibly see how a new player would even become interested in a server.

VeryVeryScaryBerry1 11-04-2012 10:01 PM

As has been stated before. the intention of observermode is to irritate players into paying.
Anyone can see all it's done is irritate people away from graal. :p

Hiro 11-04-2012 10:43 PM

Ha

hahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

mattdapimp 11-05-2012 01:50 AM

PC Graal is just an old cow that is being milked for the few drops of milk (Cash) before everyone is tired of paying and quits. There are much much better games out there where you have the (((OPTION))) to pay, but choosing not to doesn't effect your game play. OPEN YOUR EYES STEFAN. P2P IS NOT WORKING! !pissed!