Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   News Admin Application: xXziroXx (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84579)

xXziroXx 03-08-2009 09:50 PM

News Admin Application: xXziroXx
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1472371)
1. What is your Graal account name?

My account name is, as my forum username implies, xXziroXx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1472371)
2. Do you have gold?

Yes, I do, and I've renewed it every time it has ran out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1472371)
3. What is your past experience? (Please post only relevant experience such as creation of news, and updates on graal.net)

On Graal, I've contributed with quite a lot of news on graal.net. During my time on Mythic Legends, they were usually just cheap attempts at attracting potential staff, but can you blame me for doing that? But that's not the only type of news I've contributed with - I've always wanted to keep the public up to date on server progress, in order to build up hype and to ensure that some interest is kept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1472371)
4. What would you like to do if given the position?

My main concern would be to encourage server administrators to publish news/updates and the likes, and if they require assistance with that, I would do my best to aid them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1472371)
5. Why should you be given the position over the other applicants?

Because I know how important it is for a server to not only update things, but let the public - their players - know about those updates. If things are released with only the core players of a server ever finding out about it, what's the point?

Matt 03-08-2009 09:57 PM

I've seen alot of the news you posted on graal.net and nothing to me was utterly ridiculous, or even close. I think you'd be perfect for this position. You've got my support. Good luck. :)

Chompy 03-08-2009 11:27 PM

I really like the news about Maloria :]

Ziro gets my support.

Elizabeth 03-09-2009 01:51 AM

ziro has my support, he's mature and intelligent (:

Pimmeh 03-09-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1472447)
ziro has my support, he's mature and intelligent (:

So all in all, who don't you support?

thesmoothcriminal 03-09-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimmeh (Post 1472459)
So all in all, who don't you support?

me?

Elizabeth 03-09-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimmeh (Post 1472459)
So all in all, who don't you support?

novice

Rufus 03-09-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1472377)
[...]in order to build up hype and to ensure that some interest is kept.

From whom?

Xterminator 03-09-2009 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1472410)
I really like the news about Maloria :]

Ziro gets my support.

Same here, Mythic Legend News where cool too.

xXziroXx 03-09-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1472466)
From whom?

The players, obviously, but also potential new players.

Deas_Voice 03-09-2009 06:37 PM

nice, you get my support ziro.

Elizabeth 03-13-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1473820)
i think ziro should get it, he has grammar skillz, arguin skillz, and isn't a staff position ***** like every other applicant

zz

Imperialistic 03-13-2009 03:36 PM

Ziro is a good guy, I worked for him alot, he really knows how to be creative and trustworthy, you have my support, but you should just save your potential for maybe future GST ;)

napo_p2p 03-13-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1473822)
Ziro is a good guy, I worked for him alot, he really knows how to be creative and trustworthy, you have my support, but you should just save your potential for maybe future GST ;)

I agree. Ziro is a good choice for news admin, but an even better one for GST.

Rufus 03-14-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1472606)
The players, obviously, but also potential new players.

I feel as though you're not exactly achieving this with the current news that you have posted. I'll give you an example.

Quote:

We on Maloria will be releasing yet another very limited, and permanent, item in the shape of the Cupid's Bow! Along with it, you'll also receive 500x Cupid's Arrow. How to get it!? Just log on player! This offer is limited to February 22th.

During the next couple of days, the events system should be up and running, which means we'll try it out and possible give out some other misc. novelty items that will never be given out again.

We are also getting closer and closer to applying for a Classic inspection, however, the remaining work isn't some of the funniest things to work at. We're at a complete halt until we're able to find two/three dedicated and talented LAT's, that would be interested in tiling the sewer dungeon with our custom tiles.

So, if you're interested, please get in contact with Nate (bioboi) or Ziro (xXziroXx).
At first glance, this post seems pretty solid to someone who might be a Graal veteran. However, herein lies a problem: it's aimed at Graal veterans. In the first paragraph, you are already making use of terms that might seem universal, but most certainly are not. Logging onto "player" is a term coined by Graal regulars; it is not something a new player would understand right away. In the later paragraphs you continue to make use of Graalian jargon, talking about things like a "Classic Inspection" (Even a lot of Graal veterans might not get this), LATs, and custom tiles.

I feel as though it is really unnecessary to use that many jargon terms and explanations from a 'behind the scenes' view. This can easily be solved by simply using more universally understood terms. Logging onto Maloria, being accepted to join the public list of servers, level designers, etc etc. Mastering a language means that you should be able to find a dozen ways to word any one sentence just off top of your head.

English is clearly not your first language. Saying things like "February 22th" is an obvious display of this. Illustrating the point further, you say "...however, the remaining work isn't some of the funniest things to work at." Any person raised speaking English as a first language would recognize the awkward feeling. Plus you're ending it in a preposition.

As a side note, you suggest that players get in contact with either yourself or another presumed member of staff, but no contact information is offered. I will assume that this is part of your strategy to get players on the server itself, but it might achieve the opposite, and appear to be too much work than it's worth to readers.

The graphics are tacky, uncoordinated and the content is cheesy. I hope if you do get the position you're applying for that you'll try to improve on this stuff, because at current I'm not really feeling it and I know I'm not alone in this.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.