Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions about V6 (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   New script features (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75350)

coreys 07-13-2007 10:38 PM

New script features

What are the new script features of v5?

Inverness 07-14-2007 01:06 AM

I would like to know this myself. I must say I have always been rather irritated with Graal for the lack of documentation for the scripting engine, there are so many functions listed on the Wiki that only tell you what type of variable you need to input and not actually anything important like what that variable is for or what exactly the whole function does.

PrinceOfKenshin 07-14-2007 01:08 AM

Well i have the commands.rft for gs2 would that help you at all? I am pretty sure you have it but i am just putting it out there

coreys 07-14-2007 01:15 AM

I would also like to know how to set the server time on the start bar. I'm guessing that this would be a new script feature, as the login server has been able to set the server time on the start bar for some time now, but now that the start bar appears on all servers, it would beneficial to allow servers to set the time that shows on the start bar...right now it shows blank on anything other than the login server.

Inverness 07-14-2007 01:39 AM

We're waiting, I don't want the new scripting features to be a huge guessing game.

xXziroXx 07-14-2007 01:43 AM

This I want to know asap! :)

Admins 07-14-2007 01:49 AM

I will post the list of new features on the wiki tomorrow

xXziroXx 07-14-2007 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1329501)
I will post the list of new features on the wiki tomorrow

Dont forgett to link us when you're done! :D

Inverness 07-14-2007 11:36 AM

I'm still wanting to define read/write functions for variables, hopefully such a thing wouldn't be laggy.

Twinny 07-14-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys (Post 1329484)
I would also like to know how to set the server time on the start bar. I'm guessing that this would be a new script feature, as the login server has been able to set the server time on the start bar for some time now, but now that the start bar appears on all servers, it would beneficial to allow servers to set the time that shows on the start bar...right now it shows blank on anything other than the login server.

I'm not sure if that toolbar will be accessible as an object to us. Would be great if it was though :D

Inverness 07-14-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1329889)
I'm not sure if that toolbar will be accessible as an object to us. Would be great if it was though :D

Serverlist_TaskBar.hide();
Serverlist_TaskButton_Toggle.hide();

Twinny 07-14-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1329890)
Serverlist_TaskBar.hide();
Serverlist_TaskButton_Toggle.hide();

Is that all there is? :(

Inverness 07-14-2007 11:51 AM

No...
PHP Code:

for (temp.iServerlist_TaskBar.controls) {
  echo(
i.name);

Messing with it can get kinda weird, I recommend simply doing Serverlist_TaskButton_Toggle.performClick(); on login if you wish to hide the TaskBar automatically. For some reason it doesn't appear to actually 'toggle' if you call the function again X_X

Twinny 07-14-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1329894)
No...
PHP Code:

for (temp.iServerlist_TaskBar.controls) {
  echo(
i.name);

Messing with it can get kinda weird, I recommend simply doing Serverlist_TaskButton_Toggle.performClick(); on login if you wish to hide the TaskBar automatically. For some reason it doesn't appear to actually 'toggle' if you call the function again X_X

Yay i can edit the button text :D. Hell, i just removed the 'Start' button :p. Now when I change server, it still is deleted :D

I didn't think these objects would be available to edit but I think they will soon be read-only anyways.

Inverness 07-14-2007 12:01 PM

I want some way to trigger an event on all objects existing on the clientside or serverside =( Without having to manually add non-weapon objects by script, like I'm currently doing.

Edit: Please Stefan, hire/assign someone to do all the script documentation =( Its killing me.