Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   blogs (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81815)

Elizabeth 09-14-2008 12:58 AM

blogs

are blogs HONESTLY needed? the last post was from like a week ago. there's no new blogs, and there's very few who use the blogs. why don't we have a chatroom thing there? i know someones going to say "BUT GRAAL IS ALREADY A CHAT ROOM", but i mean like how on the other graal forum's there's one. i'm sure that it would be used much more than the blogs.

xAzerothx 09-14-2008 01:00 AM

I don't think we need blogs but why can't they just be there to be there?

If anyone wants to chat just PM me.

Gmail - iwannafuinthebutt
Xfire - xazerothx
MSN - [email protected]
AIM - ComeChugger12

Crono 09-14-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1423172)
are blogs HONESTLY needed? the last post was from like a week ago. there's no new blogs, and there's very few who use the blogs. why don't we have a chatroom thing there? i know someones going to say "BUT GRAAL IS ALREADY A CHAT ROOM", but i mean like how on the other graal forum's there's one. i'm sure that it would be used much more than the blogs.

Nothing wrong with offering blogs. They won't do chats because they're harder to moderate, and we all know moderation is their #1 concern.

Chompy 09-14-2008 01:55 AM

Complaining about blogs not being used often? You should go complain about projects instead :whatever:

Anyways, why do you want the chat box so much? On every forum I've seen a chat box, they are either full of spam or clean because the forum have a decent amount of (quality) moderators.

Elizabeth 09-14-2008 01:57 AM

well its not like we can just go and start talking about how awesome soccer is in a wall paint thread.. there has to be a place for spam and thats what chatboxes are for.

Chompy 09-14-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1423199)
well its not like we can just go and start talking about how awesome soccer is in a wall paint thread.. there has to be a place for spam and thats what chatboxes are for.

A place to spam? Then they should just make a forum section where post count doesn't raise.
But, the problem with that is that spam still have to be moderated. :asleep:

So, if you want a place to spam, make a social group called "I want to spam" and use the 'chat box' in there. :cool:

Elizabeth 09-14-2008 02:21 AM

yes, because im sure that a LOT of people would join a group called "i want to spam" with the thought of their talking is spam.

Chompy 09-14-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1423203)
yes, because im sure that a LOT of people would join a group called "i want to spam" with the thought of their talking is spam.

It was just an example. I didn't tell you directly to do it though.

Spam needs moderation. It's easier to create and post spam, thus more to moderate.

Darlene159 09-14-2008 02:57 AM

I like the blogs.
I do not wish to moderate a chat room with Graal members, thank you..
I used to have to do that when I managed a server.:whatever:

LoneAngelIbesu 09-14-2008 04:08 AM

There's about 9 pages of this exact question in the main forums. General consensus: it's a useful addition. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean other people don't. I actually use mine for development updates. Granted, I have only made 1 post, but that is because there's only been 1 post worthy of development updates, in which I'm the person developing.

Darlene159 09-14-2008 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1423239)
There's about 9 pages of this exact question in the main forums. General consensus: it's a useful addition. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean other people don't. I actually use mine for development updates. Granted, I have only made 1 post, but that is because there's only been 1 post worthy of development updates, in which I'm the person developing.

I am hoping that more people will use the blogs for their playerworlds, like making albums and such, and give good info

cbk1994 09-14-2008 04:28 AM

If blogs had multiple authors, I'd start using the Vesporian blog again.

Unpredlctable 09-14-2008 04:37 AM

what is blogs??

Nataxo 09-16-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1423250)
what is blogs??

on the top of this page, in between "Projects" and "FAQ" you'll find it.

maximus_asinus 09-16-2008 07:06 PM

how to blogs?