Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Global News Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265719)

cyan3 02-08-2012 02:40 PM

Global News Team

We are searching for talented writers to fill positions within the team. The Global News Team is responsible for management and production of news throughout the GraalOnline platform. The position will require the writing and distribution of news as well as supporting server staff in the writing and distribution of their own news productions.

All applications must be created in a new thread or sent to [email protected] with the title: Global News Team Application: <accountname>.

Deadline: Sunday, 19 February 2012

Questions
  • Does your account hold a Gold or Classic subscription? (A Classic subscription is required at the very least).
  • Do you have any experience with editing Wikipedia pages (MediaWiki or other)?
  • Write a short paragraph expressing why you want to join the team.

Optional Questions
  • Previous staff positions on Graal.
  • References from previous or current staff positions.
  • Examples of past writing
  • Other information you want to add.

Good Luck!

Contact Information
Forum PM: cyan3
E-Mail: [email protected]

- Global News Administrator
Felix Lionheart

callimuc 02-08-2012 03:54 PM

Good luck to everyone participating.

NicoX 02-08-2012 05:32 PM

Very nice. Good Luck to everyone.

Emera 02-08-2012 05:40 PM

Good luck to everybody who decides to apply!

Geno 02-09-2012 12:14 AM

worst of luck to all. hopefully only the skilled and deserving make it!

Galdor 02-09-2012 12:19 AM

No offense, but what are you guys going to write about? that zodiac is still kind of alive etc? :P

Emera 02-09-2012 12:28 AM

Under Construction servers often contact the news to ask for an article to be posted in the news from time to time, major Graal updates, a new hosted/classic server. I see where you're coming from though, there isn't an awful lot to write about, but there are some things that can be put into the news.

kalabar24 02-09-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1683997)
[*]Examples of past writering

How do you mean, like, poetry? Or short stories?

Unkownsoldier 02-09-2012 05:07 AM

Correct me if I make a mistake, but isn't it true that we don't have a news update thread? I don't log onto the client version often because it just isn't interesting. Yet if I could see news stories through the forums that might intrigue me to play or at least try somethings out I find interesting. I know they are put on the wiki but then that's just another web page to check. So if there isn't a news thread already, could you make one?

cyan3 02-09-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalabar24 (Post 1684074)
How do you mean, like, poetry? Or short stories?

Poetry, short stories, technical documentation, etc. Pretty much anything you've written will qualify.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier (Post 1684076)
Correct me if I make a mistake, but isn't it true that we don't have a news update thread? I don't log onto the client version often because it just isn't interesting. Yet if I could see news stories through the forums that might intrigue me to play or at least try somethings out I find interesting. I know they are put on the wiki but then that's just another web page to check. So if there isn't a news thread already, could you make one?

Sounds interesting, I'll look into it.

Fulg0reSama 02-11-2012 09:30 PM

I'll throw my hat into the ring!

Good luck to all and anyone else who has decided to participate, I look forward to the end result of this.
:)

MattKan 02-12-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1684281)
I'll throw my hat into the ring!

Good luck to all and anyone else who has decided to participate, I look forward to the end result of this.
:)

You'd be good for this role I think.

cyan3 02-19-2012 08:40 PM

Congratulations to Fulg0reSama! our newest addition to the team.

MagicMan 02-19-2012 08:43 PM

Congratulations! Best of luck to you

Elk 02-19-2012 08:57 PM

Gratz!