Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84633)

pooper200000 03-13-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1473714)
How did I prove your point at all? You're even worse ingame so I don't know if your ingame character is supposed to be redeeming or something.

Interacting on the forums is much different from interacting in the game. As a member of the forums, I find myself speaking less frequently on the forums than I would if I were in game. Perhaps that can clear that up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1473723)
If you were hired for this position, you'll be required obviously to be involved 'in-game' to fulfill such duties/assignments. There is no difference when your talking about working for a company (even if it is Graal). The way you represent yourself does matter, in-game, or on these forums. Seems as if you have an 'alter-ego'.

You could say I have an alter-ego, but I would consider it more that I try to be personal when speaking to others. I represent myself the same on the forums as I do in game, but I change how I interact with others in an effort to be more personable.

Communicating in the game can often times be different that communicating on the forums or communicating via PMs. This is how I would consider myself different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1473724)
So then you're two faced? NICE.

As I've already admitted, I try to be personal. If being personal is two faced, I am guilty as charged.

I find that being personal is an excellent trait because it allows for one to interact with others while also drawing one's own opinions.

Elizabeth 03-13-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473713)
smart alex

wut

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473670)
As far as your comments go about me being a social chameleon, I adapt to speak with each person in a manner that is favorable to them.

ur doin it rong, bein harassd isn't favorable 2 me





i enjoyed reading this thread.
you've been contradicting yourself the whole time, 'pooper200000'.

thesmoothcriminal 03-13-2009 03:08 PM

Too many roles. Give it to someone who has no other responsibilities

Elizabeth 03-13-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal (Post 1473807)
Too many roles. Give it to someone who has no other responsibilities

give it to clockwork or chompy because i always get them confused

Unpredlctable 03-13-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473790)
As I've already admitted, I try to be personal. If being personal is two faced, I am guilty as charged.

I find that being personal is an excellent trait because it allows for one to interact with others while also drawing one's own opinions.

There's a huge difference between being two-faced and being "personal". There's being an all-around honestly nice guy and then there's changing how you act in every situation so you appeal better to each individual person. First time you randomly PMed on Graal, you sounded like a ****ing telemarketer, pal. Felt like I was being surveyed for chrissakes.

Crono 03-13-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473790)
Interacting on the forums is much different from interacting in the game. As a member of the forums, I find myself speaking less frequently on the forums than I would if I were in game. Perhaps that can clear that up.

We don't need someone who has multiple personalities (along with a number of other problems such as two faced, snitch, etc) to be our News Admin. We need someone consistent and trustworthy who can bring something real to the position.

pooper200000 03-14-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal (Post 1473807)
Too many roles. Give it to someone who has no other responsibilities

Wouldn't it be better to give a position to someone who already has responsibilities? It proves they are capable of handling such a responsibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1473798)
wut

ur doin it rong, bein harassd isn't favorable 2 me

i enjoyed reading this thread.
you've been contradicting yourself the whole time, 'pooper200000'.

I haven't been contradicting myself. I've been answering those who object to me being given the position and respond to their concerns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1473943)
There's a huge difference between being two-faced and being "personal". There's being an all-around honestly nice guy and then there's changing how you act in every situation so you appeal better to each individual person. First time you randomly PMed on Graal, you sounded like a ****ing telemarketer, pal. Felt like I was being surveyed for chrissakes.

There is a difference between being two-faced and being personal. Being two faced would be to speak with a person and then to act completely against them. I am personal in that I will speak with one person, but I will not tell them what I think of another person unless that person would not mind. I am careful with my words and I try to avoid offending anyone.

I think my messaging you on Graal portrays my interest in interacting with others. I remember finding amusement from some of your posts on the forums and I really learned a lot of information from you.

I remember specifically stating when speaking with you that I enjoy finding out everyone else's opinions. This shows my consistency in wondering what is going on with other servers and it proves my curiosity as to what is happening on a global scale.

I also asked you in those messages if Unholy Nation had updated recently. I also learned about your back round from playing on Classic and that you left classic because nothing was really happening.

You may have felt like I was a telemarketer, but I learned from you and your experience. I was capable of interacting with you, and you seemed capable of interacting with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1473951)
We don't need someone who has multiple personalities (along with a number of other problems such as two faced, snitch, etc) to be our News Admin. We need someone consistent and trustworthy who can bring something real to the position.

I don't have multiple personalities, I'm personal. I admit I am a snitch. If there is a staff member who proves to me on a consistent basis they are not able to perform the duties because of instances such as abuse, I of course report them. I think that shows dedication because I'm able to put aside personal bias and act appropriately.

I bring something real to the position. I bring an application that is unique from the other applications. I think my application was a breath of fresh air because it didn't follow the same dry format.

The application proves I understand when one format of communication does not work and that I am versatile in my communication. My versatility proves I am able to attract others to read something even if they may have the misconception that it is the "same old same old."

I bring to the table my experience as a Zone staff member, and the trust and consistency I have earned on Zone. As Jesse said, I'm mature and trustworthy with power. Jesse has been around for Zone on ages and if I wasn't trustworthy, I wouldn't be GP.

Dan has managed Zone and has given me the privilege of being the Zone GP. Dan was at first unsure in his decision for me to be GP in part due to abuse of previous staff members, but over time I proved my ability to perform the position.

As is shown, the Zone staff know I am responsible with my rights. My past history on Zone with staff members abusing on me shows I am reluctant to abuse those same rights.

I am also consistent in my responsibility and often interact with the players of Zone through all of my roles. I rarely run into problems and I'm a generally cheery and perky person. At times I do have to act serious and am able to do this easily.

The real traits I bring to the position are:
  • Not abusing power and acting responsibly with the power I am given.
  • Enthusiasm to do a great job and versatility to improve to most standards!
  • Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Graal.
  • Solidity in my interactions with others and an interest in learning.

Those skills prove I am capable of handling the position of being a news administrator. Abuse wouldn't be a problem with me, and I'm enthusiastic, and energetic for the position! I'm versatile and that is a necessity to adapt to keep interest in reading the news.

I have maturity I have gained from being a staff member on Graal, and I am solid in my interactions with others. Coupled with my interest in learning, it shows I am willing to put in hard work to do an excellent job.

LordSquirt 03-14-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1474103)
Wouldn't it be better to give a position to someone who already has responsibilities? It proves they are capable of handling such a responsibility.

That's not always true. People who have more than one responsibility usually tend to focus on one while forgetting the others. I noticed that this is pretty frequent among staff players who have more than one job on a server. I tend to like it more if a person focuses on ONE job instead of many.

thesmoothcriminal 03-14-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1474103)
  • Not abusing power and acting responsibly with the power I am given.
  • Enthusiasm to do a great job and versatility to improve to most standards!
  • Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Graal.
  • Solidity in my interactions with others and an interest in learning.

O no you didnt just do that

Crono 03-14-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1474103)
Being two faced would be to speak with a person and then to act completely against them.

Which is exactly what you've done in the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
I enjoy finding out everyone else's opinions.

You do it so you can gossip about it to other people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
I admit I am a snitch.

Players don't need to have a News Admin that's a snitch and two-faced. That's an awful combination, and your tendency to enjoy gossiping doesn't help either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
I bring something real to the position. I bring an application that is unique from the other applications. I think my application was a breath of fresh air because it didn't follow the same dry format.

Ok you didn't understand my point at all. Let's just say that "real" is one of the last words you should ever use to describe yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
The application proves I understand when one format of communication does not work and that I am versatile in my communication. My versatility proves I am able to attract others to read something even if they may have the misconception that it is the "same old same old."

Your application was a horrible read, says this writer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
I bring to the table my experience as a Zone staff member, and the trust and consistency I have earned on Zone. As Jesse said, I'm mature and trustworthy with power. Jesse has been around for Zone on ages and if I wasn't trustworthy, I wouldn't be GP.

Snitches aren't trustworthy, and you're not consistent (a reference to your personality which you've already admitted changes between the next person you must suck up to).

You're GP on Zone because you've been there for a long time. You constantly tried to get on every staff member's good side, and this is how you ultimately became a FAQ. There was no real competition either, everyone else that was even remotely competent was already an ET.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
Dan has managed Zone and has given me the privilege of being the Zone GP. Dan was at first unsure in his decision for me to be GP in part due to abuse of previous staff members, but over time I proved my ability to perform the position.

Did you also prove your ability to talk behind his back? Because that's all you did when you gossiped to Rufus and myself, and I'm sure you did it back to him about us.

Dan knows what I'm talking about. Trust me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
At times I do have to act serious and am able to do this easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
The real traits I bring to the position are:
  • Not abusing power and acting responsibly with the power I am given.
  • Enthusiasm to do a great job and versatility to improve to most standards!
  • Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Graal.
  • Solidity in my interactions with others and an interest in learning.

LOL

pooper200000 03-14-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1474107)
That's not always true. People who have more than one responsibility usually tend to focus on one while forgetting the others. I noticed that this is pretty frequent among staff players who have more than one job on a server. I tend to like it more if a person focuses on ONE job instead of many.

It isn't always true, I agree. It is usually a problem with server to server jobs, and I'm assuming your experience is with Era and from developing. Some people aren't able to handle multiple positions, but there are some who are able to. The trick with having multiple jobs is to spread your time evenly and not to take on too many jobs.

I'm capable of handling another position, and I don't believe I would be over extending myself by taking on this job if I am given the opportunity. I am careful when I commit myself and I don't commit beyond my means.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474115)
Which is exactly what you've done in the past.

You do it so you can gossip about it to other people.

Players don't need to have a News Admin that's a snitch and two-faced. That's an awful combination, and your tendency to enjoy gossiping doesn't help either.

Players need someone able to do the job, and someone who is able to voice their opinions. If there is someone not doing their job, I have no problems to contact me superiors. As I've stated, I'm not two-faced, I'm personal.

I don't enjoy gossiping, I don't even participate in gossiping. Perhaps you are referring to the messages Rufus sent me. I've already said, Rufus' interest more times than not seems to be to promote negativity and to attack me. I of course choose not to listen or speak with someone who treats me so poorly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474115)
Ok you didn't understand my point at all. Let's just say that "real" is one of the last words you should ever use to describe yourself.

I'm real. I'm honest. If there is a problem, I'll admit it. I don't see what is so confusing about this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474115)
Your application was a horrible read, says this writer/

This writer says that the application was unique from the other applications. This application provided a large amount of variety not shown in other applications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474115)
Snitches aren't trustworthy, and you're not consistent (a reference to your personality which you've already admitted changes between the next person you must suck up to).

Snitches are trustworthy. A snitch is someone who will report someone for not doing their job. I am personable, thank you for noticing! I don't suck up, unless sucking up is to state my opinions. If I have an opinion and you are against it so be it. My opinion won't hinder my ability to make just decisions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474115)
You're GP on Zone because you've been there for a long time. You constantly tried to get on every staff member's good side, and this is how you ultimately became a FAQ. There was no real competition either, everyone else that was even remotely competent was already an ET.

Yes, I have been on Zone for a long time. I've been consistently online and active. I do try to get on everyone's good side, and when I was given the opportunity to be FAQ I worked my butt off.

There were many qualified candidates, however some of those candidates were often overlooked because of a personal vendetta between them and the staff team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474115)
Did you also prove your ability to talk behind his back? Because that's all you did when you gossiped to Rufus and myself, and I'm sure you did it back to him about us.

Dan knows what I'm talking about. Trust me.

Dan knows I have had a problem for quite some time with how he manages. This does not mean we can not get along and that we can not work together. I didn't gossip to yourself and Rufus, I stated my opinions when you confronted me about it.

If you are defining talking behinds someone's back as to tell the said person you have a problem with what they are doing and to consistently tell others the same thing, that is not a problem. That is admitting there is a problem.

You and Rufus seem to draw far off conclusions for just about everything, and I rarely seeing you having any type of positive outlook. You extenuate the negative, and it is quite tiring to those of us who enjoy looking for a shred of good.

Clockwork 03-14-2009 05:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Facts are you're arguing with players about how good YOU think YOU think you are for the job, then if you get it, expect to simply ask them (alot of these people are developers) for news and expect an answer.

"...and when I was given the opportunity to be FAQ I worked my butt off.
There were many qualified candidates, however some of those candidates were often overlooked because of a personal vendetta between them and the staff team."

No, I was there. You were simply popular, at least at the time. A couple months before it had happened you were also showing off speed-hacks for zone.

edit: Made a funny picture thing! :D! http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...7&d=1237004265

Imperialistic 03-14-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Graal.
Scratch Graal and insert Zone.

Fixed it for you Supernanny:

Wisdom gained from my time spent being staff on Zone.

thesmoothcriminal 03-14-2009 06:47 AM

For this job you NEED to be liked if your going to get people to talk to you.

Its obvious that your not popular among some.

MiniOne 03-14-2009 11:12 AM

Just pointing out everyone's most likely been 'two faced' in a point in their lives. Anyway I believe Clockwork (Aeko) would do a great job :D
It seems that people dislike you and this may make obtaining information about certain servers more difficult.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.