PDA

View Full Version : hitobjects help.

omni-m00gle
08-20-2001, 08:02 AM
I need help with hitobjects (thus the name of the thread y0)
well, I need it to follow the gani dragon_fire, but I cannot :(
can someone help?

omni-m00gle
08-20-2001, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

You want to send a hitobjects event every 0.05 seconds? Advice: Don't.
Not every .05. just enough to follow it. .5 or 1..

omni-m00gle
08-20-2001, 08:44 AM

You'd be better to monitor nearby dudes and use hitplayer to hurt ones who are in the right area. Not as precise, but much less laggy.
I wish I knew how to do that :(

LiquidIce00
08-20-2001, 09:30 AM
if it was me I would do it like an array of the positions the dragon was just in .. and then testplayer and then zap em like kaimetsu said

LiquidIce00
08-20-2001, 09:52 AM

Oh, yeah, testplayer is the easy way. But I don't like easy ways :)
emphasize on that

LiquidIce00
08-20-2001, 10:00 AM

Well, for one thing, making stuff look more complicated than it is always makes you seem more intelligent. For another, rescripting inbuilt engine stuff gives us more flexibility. In this case it might not matter, but sometimes it does. And lastly, pushing ourselves to take the difficult option makes us better in the long run.
im like the type of person who will go crosseyed if he can make the code shorter x.x

LiquidIce00
08-20-2001, 10:30 AM

What I do, I do in short code. But I'm a programmer at heart and used to writing my own functions. So I don't like using Graal's. But you can't often fault my code for efficiency within what it does.
I just think of how it can be done then i think if it can be made in a diff way and i compare and i do it . like the code just comes to my head hehe