PDA

View Full Version : Afk Bot

Knightoffrost
08-18-2001, 04:35 AM
Please make it so that when playerchats it does count as an action toward getting you disconnected. Because all those people use the AFK bot all night idle'ing to get onlinetime and AP very easily. It sucks.

If you dont know what the AFK BOT is its an idle'ing program that consistantly talks for you on graal so that you dont get disconnected exemple.

I AM AFK
I AM USING THE AFK BOT
I AM AFK
I AM AFK

and so forth

MoonAngel
08-18-2001, 05:46 AM
or you could use Aneurism ;)

NooseKnot
08-18-2001, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by MoonAngel
or you could use Aneurism ;)
Ow my head:rolleyes:

BocoC
08-19-2001, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost
Please make it so that when playerchats it does count as an action toward getting you disconnected. Because all those people use the AFK bot all night idle'ing to get onlinetime and AP very easily. It sucks.

If you dont know what the AFK BOT is its an idle'ing program that consistantly talks for you on graal so that you dont get disconnected exemple.

I AM AFK
I AM USING THE AFK BOT
I AM AFK
I AM AFK

and so forth
But, what if you just stand in one spot talking to somebody? You will get disconnected if you don't move every few minutes. That is why Stefan made chatting reset the disconnect timer.

Cloud_X
08-19-2001, 08:06 AM
Heheh I have a super rare AFK bot that only like 2 people have and I never use. It logs the time you are away and all that too =]

Knightoffrost
08-19-2001, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BocoC

But, what if you just stand in one spot talking to somebody? You will get disconnected if you don't move every few minutes. That is why Stefan made chatting reset the disconnect timer.

then people should move when they are talking
maybe make it so you only get disconnected after 20 minutes or so of idle'ing

LilNiglet
08-19-2001, 11:30 AM
Whats the harm in letting people go AFK

Tyhm
08-19-2001, 12:52 PM
lag, and they can gain AP and onlinetime without even being there.
Might be kinda cool if you go Idle if you go a minute without moving, and stop gaining AP and onlinetime until you move again...or even better, while paused, though I guess they'd find a noplayerkilling zone...maybe both?

Falcor
08-19-2001, 02:02 PM
Onlinetime has NO effect on the game whatsoever

Ap has little effect on the game but in my opinion AP is worthless (BRING BACK THE OLD PK TAGS!!!!!!!!)

Scooter2001
08-19-2001, 02:42 PM
I just sit around and talk to ppl all the time, especially on classic when I'm sitting in zols. I don't feel the need to move around when I chat, that's retarded!

Knightoffrost
08-19-2001, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Falcor
Onlinetime has NO effect on the game whatsoever

Ap has little effect on the game but in my opinion AP is worthless (BRING BACK THE OLD PK TAGS!!!!!!!!)

Onlinetime gets newbies GP jobs and LAT jobs sad enough X_X

Knightoffrost
08-19-2001, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by LilNiglet
Whats the harm in letting people go AFK

Your not very smart are you? -_-
All easily done here..
It lets them gain AP.
It lets them gain onlinetime.
It lags up the rest of the people who are playing on the game servers.

LiquidIce00
08-20-2001, 11:38 AM
yeah some ppl abuse it but i would get d/c when im answering the 300300 pm's i get

Scooter2001
08-20-2001, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost

Onlinetime gets newbies GP jobs and LAT jobs sad enough X_X
No, skill gets ppl GP jobs and LAT jobs, not onlinetime, what world are you from? LATs are hired on level skill not onlinetime, GPs are hired on admins referring someone to be a gp and so on. Not onlinetime pfff, you sure know the lines that the afk bot says huh? You use it!

grim_squeaker_x
08-20-2001, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Scooter2001

No, skill gets ppl GP jobs and LAT jobs, not onlinetime, what world are you from? LATs are hired on level skill not onlinetime, GPs are hired on admins referring someone to be a gp and so on. Not onlinetime pfff, you sure know the lines that the afk bot says huh? You use it! Actually for certain staff jobs (GP and Graal Help I think), there's a minimum online time requirement, which is meant to be so that you have experience in going around Graal, however people who use the bot certainly don't have that.

konidias
08-20-2001, 09:45 PM
That won't solve the problem, as I have found a way to make your player auto move.. which means you can record the movement and loop it over and over.. so you could go in a nonpk zone and have your player walk back and forth for 10 hours. =)

Of course you could have a bomy going around the pearl diving spot collecting pearls all night too. :D

Fun indeed. :p

Tyhm
08-22-2001, 02:21 PM
There's also a minimum onlinetime for creating guilds, and PWs I think, or there was.

Scooter2001
08-24-2001, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
There's also a minimum onlinetime for creating guilds, and PWs I think, or there was.
For PWs? I never knew that....how much onlinetime do you need?