PDA

View Full Version : Double

ownerofbabylon
08-17-2001, 12:53 PM
How hard would it be to make a bridge that allowed you to walk over it and also under it? Like the one on classic?

If anyone can show me how to do this I would appreciate it

fuzie
08-17-2001, 02:25 PM
I think i got it!take a pic of each end of teh bridge that is on the land-not the bridge itself and use the command if (playertouchsme) {
dontblock;
set overbridge;
}
do the same thing with the other side and take a pic of teh actual bridge and rip the bridge out using psp 7 or w/e-note: if the bridge is like this !! then don't make the bridge so that the sides are not included along in the gif. then pu the scirpt like this
if (overbridge) {
dontblock;
drawunderplayer;
}
then make a gif of teh out outside tiles of the bridge and make a gfx of it-and in that scirp do this:
if (playertouchsme) {
dontblock;
set underbridge;
}
and along with the bridge gfx that u made b4 this one add this script:
if (underbridge) {
dontblock;
drawoverplayer;
}

i think this will werk-if u have ne trouble just send me the level and i'll do it 4 u........Thanx,and if this won't werk plz tell me

--------------L8--------------
---Brian---------------------

fuzie
08-17-2001, 05:11 PM
Is that right???I am pretty sure there is a easier way but i don't find that hard and i havent actually tried this before but if someone has done this before and was a sucess plz tell me

-----------Thanx------------Brian------------------

fuzie
08-17-2001, 05:15 PM
whats the problem with flags? ohh i c now when the player goes over teh bridge the flag is never unset hmmm what is u were to unset the flags in the opposite scripts>?

fuzie
08-17-2001, 05:24 PM
then what should i use....hmmm u mean making a new gfx using the putnpc command????? i don't know anything else to do????

fuzie
08-17-2001, 05:55 PM
i think a rockk fell on my head i 4got all about variables!

LiquidIce00
08-18-2001, 05:06 AM
owner can use this but not ne1 else w/o permission lolz (that includes u poogle)

// NPC made by LiquidIce (Murder)
dontblocklocal;

while (playertouchsme) {
if (!playerswimming) {
drawunderplayer;
}
if (playerswimming) {
drawoverplayer;
}
}

easy ..
and use a bridge.gif or something
and i also recommend u put walkable tiles under the bridge so ppl can walk over the bridge

Xaviar
08-18-2001, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by LiquidIce00
owner can use this but not ne1 else w/o permission lolz (that includes u poogle)

dontblocklocal;

while (playertouchsme) {
if (!playerswimming) {
drawunderplayer;
}
if (playerswimming) {
drawoverplayer;
}
}

easy ..
and i also recommend u put walkable tiles under the bridge so ppl can walk over the bridge

put walkable tiles underneath...and make it if (playertouchsme) instead of while...cause wouldnt while make it check after youve started to go under =/

ownerofbabylon
08-18-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by LiquidIce00

dontblocklocal;

while (playertouchsme) {
if (!playerswimming) {
drawunderplayer;
}
if (playerswimming) {
drawoverplayer;
}
}

easy ..

Oh thanks. Accept one thing. How would you make it if there were black tiles or somthing underneath that killed them??

LiquidIce00
08-18-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon

Oh thanks. Accept one thing. How would you make it if there were black tiles or somthing underneath that killed them??
uh?
like if u touch the bridge from bellow u get hurt ?

ownerofbabylon
08-18-2001, 11:33 AM
no the whole level is blackness except the bridge and the platforms and if you touch blackness (the bridge disappears) then it kills you

LiquidIce00
08-18-2001, 11:42 AM
confused
and how come u say babylon has the best scripting but u always asking me or ppl here for scripts ?

fuzie
08-18-2001, 12:13 PM
dang i think all you haev to do is make a darkness gfx and just use the hurtplayer command when the player touchs it-thats not hard at all

CrazedMerlin
08-18-2001, 03:40 PM
if (!onwater) {dontblock;
drawunderplayer;}
if (onwater) {dontblock;
drawoverplayer;}