PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought: Stefan should see this.

HairyV2U
04-04-2001, 10:22 AM
How 'bout this:

Link the PW tester is supposedly overworked, right? (I'm probibly wrong.) That means alot of good PWs might get rejected. Well, if it isn't too hard, Stefan could make a graal 2001 windows GServer that average people could have. The gservers would talk to the server list and tell it they are running, the ip it's running off of, and the port # Then at the bottom of the list, there would be a selection called "Other Servers...." When you click that, it would go to a list of all those servers. You could then select that server and go explore that person's levels. If the levels are awesome, Unixmad could end up hosting that server.

I'd pay money to get a feature like that! I'm sick of using Gserver 1.3! (Of course, I have linux gserver 1.39! I've never used it though cuz I cant find a 1.39 RC. Grrrr!)

I've got plenty more ideas, if anyone wants them. Yea.

guyzer1
04-04-2001, 11:34 AM
um the problem with that i would say is that it would take alot of time just to load all of the other servers and if you think about it all the ftp space and rc accounts it would take a large toll on the amount of things other and so i would say better servers could have

of corse i could be wrong its happened befor

ya not such a ******* after all am i

fugitive316
04-04-2001, 11:55 AM
The graal staff will never release another Gserver. It takes away "customers".

grim_squeaker_x
04-04-2001, 07:41 PM
Scalper is right, if it was released no one would make a pay server anymore because they can just make their own server with all the stuff they like on it.

Admins
04-05-2001, 11:56 AM
All illegal copies of older server versions are
(of course) illegal,
and <=v1.27 was only allowed for use in local networks

Admins
04-05-2001, 11:59 AM
Having local servers sounds good,
but its too hard to organize. Graal is not a game
like cs where you just play some minutes for a round,
in Graal you have quests, things to do, weapons that
are saved in your account etc.

psihunter
04-05-2001, 02:17 PM
how about mini-servers
u have have a tab bar to switch from normal servers to mini-server

Thak2
04-05-2001, 07:54 PM
Or maybe one test server, where responsible people can upload their levels for online testing?

Crono Illusion
04-08-2001, 05:21 AM
Or, make a GServer that would make the server only accessible to people with upgraded accounts for testing. Then, if people like it, they can vote for it to decide whether or not it deserves to become a playerworld.