PDA

View Full Version : Ching ching

Sir Triclops
08-08-2001, 07:48 AM
Here is just some of what you'll see as far as improvements on Enigma will go.

www.allgraal.com/poizon_level.png

I know about the few tile errors in the mountain range. I'll be fixing those.

SkooL
08-08-2001, 08:04 AM
I think it looks good, I just don't like the deep deep water. I've never liked 3 shades of water in a lake...=o\

Fai
08-08-2001, 08:14 AM
Yeah the mountain has some problems. The rest is nice. Except the snow.

(I hate snow tiles :()

DarkPyro_2001
08-08-2001, 09:28 AM
That looks strangely familiar, but a great improvement for Enigma.

fugitive316
08-08-2001, 09:48 AM
Nice work.

yoshee15
08-08-2001, 09:50 AM
Yes if im not mistaken that will be Enigmas best level :D

Fai
08-08-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by yoshee15
Yes if im not mistaken that will be Enigmas best level :D

There are wayyyyyy too many tile errors though. If he fixed them it would look very nice.

yoshee15
08-09-2001, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Fai

There are wayyyyyy too many tile errors though. If he fixed them it would look very nice.

you obviously didnt get my joke.....THAT will be enigmas best level ;)

LiquidIce00
08-09-2001, 06:00 AM
im kind of sick of that style level
all messy with a whole bunch of crap on the grass. then the water going deeper , swamp everywhere, and messed up trail to look 'realistic'

Jerom
08-09-2001, 08:39 AM
ok, at the bottom of the mountain, you used dark dirt mountain bottom tiles which you can see being mixed into the grass.
You used a bunc of mixed up mountain side tiles while making the mountain. It's best to stick with one while making the sides.
When making swamp grass, it's best to make full 2v2 squares, and use the corners to make it not look blocky.
As for the trail, it looks pretty good. Although if you notice in the file attatched, that there are two types of tiles that you can use for grass-to-dirt tiles in this condition. One is for the left side closing, and the other is for the right side closing. I hope that made sense.

TrueHeaT
08-09-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Sir Triclops
Here is just some of what you'll see as far as improvements on Enigma will go.

www.allgraal.com/poizon_level.png

I know about the few tile errors in the mountain range. I'll be fixing those.

you've improved, poizon. but it's not perfect.

Sir Triclops
08-09-2001, 10:46 PM
Water going deeper? Yeah, I hate that too. I was just trying it out.

Two tiles for grass to sand? Yes, I use them both and will probably wind up switching over to those tiles.

Path something to windy something to look realistic? It's a game, people say that if a path is to straight it looks dumb and unrealistic. blah blah

Looks familiar? Yes it should. More than 100 people have probably done this setup to a level. Why? Because I originally got the idea for this level from the New World test

Snow tiles? Yes, the snow tiles are ugly and it's difficult to make a mountain with snow to the very edge so I had to opt for this for now. I wish someone would make up new snow tiles to make it fit exactly.

There are waayyyy to many tile errors though. SO? How many levels online you see without tile errors? Any again, I mentioned that I am not done with it.

bottom mountain tiles Yes I see, looks choppy too. I will change that.

Orignially posted by TrueHeaT
you've improved, poizon. but it's not perfect.
Thanks TrueHeaT. That means a lot coming from you. :)

Lycia
08-10-2001, 03:46 PM
Excellent cliff stacking. :)

toad1413
08-11-2001, 02:14 PM
The mountain could be a LOT better... Other than that, the level's good.