PDA

View Full Version : [ Delph Inc. ]: New Tiles

Knightoffrost
08-07-2001, 01:49 PM
<[ Delph Inc. ]>

Okay...I was wondering, why haven't anymore new tiles come in the latest versions of graal.
I have plenty of new suggestions for new tiles which would come in handy for many playerworlds. One suggestion is to do with grass.
-There are no tiles like long grass, flowers, leaves, rocks or anything to go under shaded grass. In some Player Worlds (hopefully they have had a good designing mind and actually used shadows and shade) all you see when there are large areas of shade are grass...you could have the light grass with heaps of detail and then you suddenly walk into the shade and its just plane.

I will help create more tiles and if there is anyone here who would like to have an opinion or a new idea for a tile, please join me.

I have an example of some tiles which I have made...it's not very good but it would be good for some new house ideas. This was just a test because I am making some stuff for non-p2p but I will be making cartoon type graphics for 'pics1.png':

http://gpw.8k.com/tilechange01.gif

I have much more to say but I think this will do for now.

</[ Delph Inc. ]>

yoshee15
08-07-2001, 02:26 PM
Those are very NASTY looking tiles =\

Slaktmaster
08-07-2001, 03:06 PM
They look quite good and I'm sure you did your best...

yoshee15
08-07-2001, 03:35 PM
Oh im sure he did his best they still look nasty.....although way better then I could do i swear im graphic illiterat :(

Slaktmaster
08-07-2001, 05:29 PM
Yez, much better than I could do...

ownerofbabylon
08-08-2001, 12:05 AM
I really like the house. The door looks a little bit weird but thats really cool. One thing that makes it look so yucky is that disgusting pink. :(

But keep up the good work

DarkPyro_2001
08-08-2001, 04:41 AM
It kind of reminds me of RM2k.

General
08-08-2001, 01:01 PM
It kinda reminds me of hello kitty

Knightoffrost
08-08-2001, 06:45 PM
<[ Delph Inc. ]>

Yeah...the door is a bit wierd...but it's an open one...I might actually put in a separate door you can have.
Oh, and the pink, I always use that in my images for the space not used because I make it transparent...I was just testing if you could do it with tiles so you don't have to have one house for a desert, another for forest and all that...obvious it didn't work.
But everyone, stop looking at the picture and read my proposition...
I know the pink is eye catching but the picture isn't the reason why I posted :)

Here is my server:
Galactica (Dolphonia II) (http://gpw.8k.com) I know you all may be thinking, geez...'not another one', But this has actually been out for quite a while now...ever since Dolphonia got taken down. It will be free with lots more features and handmade levels, this means guaranteed quality in the server...no level generated maps so there will be absolutely NO waste of space like we're all used to seeing these days. BTW I don't really update the news at the site at all :)

</[ Delph Inc. ]>

Slaktmaster
08-08-2001, 06:53 PM
*steals a handful bomy O's*

yoshee15
08-09-2001, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Slaktmaster
*steals a handful bomy O's*

I agree....they look tasty

LiquidIce00
08-09-2001, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by yoshee15

I agree....they look tasty

put them down ur pants .. its more fun then eating them

Jerom
08-09-2001, 08:21 AM
Grea tiles! Although instead of using that black color, could you use a lighter black color? It's kind of an eye-sore when you use the blackest black you can use on graphics because most people use that color for transparency.
As for the shape of the house... The house looks TOO square man, is there any way that you could make it look less-like a box?

Ok, for the walls and roof of the house, it would be wise not to use that type of texturing on those. Try making rounded off tiles for the roof, and planks of wood for the sides of the house.
I hope I helped in one way or another :D :cool:

Knightoffrost
08-09-2001, 09:28 AM
<[ Delph Inc. ]>

I found that if you use black as in '#000000' and make another colour transparant, Graal doesn't make the black transparant for it uses the other colour assigned (yes I'm Australian we say, "colour", not "color").
As for the boxy thing, it is a sort of medieval house and they're usually made of bricks making it square like many houses around now, but I'll take that into consideration.
I'll be making many more houses and tiles so I will make one with wood walls for your liking...well, I haven't really touched the tiles in a few weeks now :)

</[ Delph Inc. ]>

yoshee15
08-09-2001, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by LiquidIce00

put them down ur pants .. its more fun then eating them

You are one sick bastard....then they would not be called Bomy O's would they..they would now be called Crabby O's :D

Bravo_GP1
08-22-2001, 11:13 AM
I think the door should be wider, it kind of looks like you have to leap over the bottom part just to get in. :p