PDA

View Full Version : Free + p2p

ownerofbabylon
08-06-2001, 11:08 PM
I was just thinking. It might be a bad idea but it seems kinda cool right now if it was expounded upon. Have a server that is free and p2p. Like its split so anyone can play it but only people with a p2p account can access the main parts.

Like maybe a whole island use p2p stuff and then the main world next to it is free. The p2p accounts get bomys and the free players can watch but cannot have one. Maybe light effects that only show up for p2p accounts. Things like pearl diving, trains, golf but the free accounts can not participate.

:D heh

Poogle
08-06-2001, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
I was just thinking. It might be a bad idea but it seems kinda cool right now if it was expounded upon. Have a server that is free and p2p. Like its split so anyone can play it but only people with a p2p account can access the main parts.

Like maybe a whole island use p2p stuff and then the main world next to it is free. The p2p accounts get bomys and the free players can watch but cannot have one. Maybe light effects that only show up for p2p accounts. Things like pearl diving, trains, golf but the free accounts can not participate.

:D heh
Wow great idea ;) then them hackers would hack in though :(

ownerofbabylon
08-07-2001, 03:49 AM
maybe set a flag that says who has a p2p account then it randomly checks and if they dont have it they are banned ^_^

Poogle
08-07-2001, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
maybe set a flag that says who has a p2p account then it randomly checks and if they dont have it they are banned ^_^ Like on dino valley ^_^

dragoonvenganc
08-07-2001, 08:53 AM
no offense but you said put a flag.. you must not know anything about graal hacking.. i do not do it but. what they do is set a flag in there acount most of the time or change npc script...

habek
08-07-2001, 07:32 PM
Bah! scripts are complicated.
the most complicated script i can do is the puthorse one :D