PDA

View Full Version : Two bugs

Skatche
08-04-2001, 03:39 PM
First of all, bomies have problems with doors, especially after they've been swimming. they end up "vibrating" a couple of pixels left, a couple of pixels right, and not entering the door. That's definitely a lot more serious than the next one. I was reading the specs for the .nw format and noticed the interesting way of representing signs, so I did the only sensible thing: I went immediately into the Graal level editor and added a sign with the text "ENDSIGN". I saved it, quit, reloaded the level, and lo and behold, the sign was blank. I don't think this'll cause too many problems, per se, but hey... it's a bug. :D Anyway, there's my two bugs. GOD it feels good to finally be able to post...

LilNiglet
08-05-2001, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Skatche
First of all, bomies have problems with doors, especially after they've been swimming. they end up "vibrating" a couple of pixels left, a couple of pixels right, and not entering the door. That's definitely a lot more serious than the next one. I was reading the specs for the .nw format and noticed the interesting way of representing signs, so I did the only sensible thing: I went immediately into the Graal level editor and added a sign with the text "ENDSIGN". I saved it, quit, reloaded the level, and lo and behold, the sign was blank. I don't think this'll cause too many problems, per se, but hey... it's a bug. :D Anyway, there's my two bugs. GOD it feels good to finally be able to post...
The bomy door thing is easy to fix... if that happens to you, just go touch a vertical wall. That will zero out your x corrdanates, because swimming usually makes you have a lot of deciamals in the x corrdanates

Skatche
08-05-2001, 04:08 AM
Great! Thanks, Tupper. I've done a little more experimentation with the sign bug... it extends far beyond just SIGNEND (i meant SIGNEND in my last post where I said "ENDSIGN". you know I did). For example, you could make an NPC with the following script:

if(created){
message NPC 1;
}
ENDNPC
SIGN 30 30
Test sign
SIGNEND
NPC blah.gif 50 50
if(created){
message NPC 2;
}