PDA

View Full Version : Stefan

xmanngp
04-02-2001, 10:28 PM
This is Dark Man X, not X-Mann I am just using this account until mine works...

(I know alot of you already saw this, but Stefan never got a chance to read it and I told him I would post it for him)

I think we should have a better, more fair Judicial System.

I think we need a Judge that is Fair, honest, and respectable to run this.

My idea is that the judge can hold court every hour or so, where he will take all the people that were jailed during that hour and
give them a chance to Plead Guilty or Not Guilty, then if they plead not guilty the player can buy an attorney or have the court appoint one for him and then tell his side of the story,

the prosecuter would have to come up with enough evidence to convict the player, and prove that he actually was guilty.

If the player pleads guilty, then he will be sentenced fairly and accordingly.

This gives the players safety from false accusations and imprisonment, and will keep players from doing alot of time for petty crimes. Remember players did pay to play, so I believe it needs to be more Organized and Fair, because some players are jailed for reasons they shouldn't be, and some players are jailed and never let out because they are not liked, which is not a good reason to leave a player in jail.

I will volunteer to be the Judge and make sure everything is done accordingly and fair. I have been studying for a major in this type of field so I believe I am more qualified for the job then most, also you don't have to worry about me unfairly sentencing players, because I have something against them, because I like everyone on Graal2001 and have nothing against nobody. I have held Police position and Events Team positions, so I think I can hold this position.

Here are a few examples of how I would handle particular situations:

1. You have Player A and Player B.

Player B is walking around minding his own business when Player A runs up to him and Pks him reapetedly, Player A gets jailed. An hour goes by and he goes to court.

I would first ask the player how he plead and if he pleads guilty, I would sentence the player to Time Served 24 hours, 1 weeks probation, and maybe a small fine.

Which would mean the player Is free after doing 1 hour in jail, and will be placed on a probationary period in which he has time to pay off his fines and costs. If the player decides to go out and commit another petty crime such as this, he will get 24 hours in jail.

If the player decides to plead not guilty, I will ask him if he wants to hire an Attorney or a Court Appointed one,
All witnesses and evidence will be brought before the court. If the player is found guilty, he will be sentenced to 24hours in jail.

Senario 2( a more seriouse crime)

1. Player A and Staff

Ok, A staff has 1,000 gralat and is wearing his Tag.
Player A sees that he has 1k gralat and pks him and steals the money.

If player is found guilty he will recieve 24hours in jail, be made to pay restitution and probation for 2 weeks

If the player takes it to trial and is found guilty, then his sentence will be more harsh.

Anyhow those are some of my Ideas, it is kinda like Nexuses Judicial System, which is really organized and affective.

Some other ppl who I think would do a good job:

Infamouse Freak
Madbrad

They are both honest, and respectable ppl in my opinion, and I doubt that they would treat players unfairly in such trials.

Thank YOu and please post your opinions.

Dark Man X

Report this post to a moderator

FatherDante
04-05-2001, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea! I've been thinking almost the same thing myself!

Crono Illusion
04-08-2001, 05:19 AM
That sounds like a great system. Also, we'd need a Jury as well, and lawyers should charge fees.

Hawk
04-08-2001, 05:43 AM
nice

Psyker
04-08-2001, 07:22 AM
I'd be a great lawyer :D
BTW, that's a great idea.

Crono Illusion
04-08-2001, 03:21 PM
I want to be a Lawyer too.
I've won many arguments, and even brainwashed a few people.

grim_squeaker_x
04-08-2001, 06:30 PM
I think I'll just settle for being audience all the time, as long as I'm allowed to use the ctrl+z emoticon.

Psyker
04-09-2001, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I might be good at the one too, grim... :o

Crono Illusion
04-09-2001, 08:32 AM
Hehe, a lot of people fall asleep during court hearings.

LordMax
04-09-2001, 09:01 AM
im a preety good laywer

Psyker
04-09-2001, 02:54 PM
Lawyers need to know how to spell :)