09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
motivation (why)?

Jcs1919
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
because irl you can reload

Deas_Voice
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
because irl you can reload

~after you emptied your first ammo pack ( don't know the name for it. )

btw u reload when your ammo pack is out already (if you haven't noticed).

Jcs1919
09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
~after you emptied your first ammo pack ( don't know the name for it. )

btw u reload when your ammo pack is out already (if you haven't noticed).

in IRL you don't need to have the ammo pack out !pissed!

cyan3
09-03-2009, 06:59 PM
in IRL you don't need to have the ammo pack out !pissed!

I agree, in FPS games I always reload before I empty my clip. I think this would make zone more tactical.

Edit: Zone should also have a bullet counter for the current clip so we know when to reload.

RebelArbiter
09-04-2009, 08:44 AM
1 this has been discussed many times and has been proven to not be worth the time as you can reload by press A then re-equipping your weapon
2 It's not hard to count

RevolutionJS
09-04-2009, 09:38 AM
I think its a good idea, and not that hard to script.

MiniOne
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Have you scripted? Cause it actually isn't that easy writing a script for even the most basic actions.

Just simply press A then S, D or Space...

seanthien
09-04-2009, 10:08 PM
you can reload by press A then re-equipping your weapon

^.

Not worth scripting since it'd be a minor function that wouldn't really play a major role in Zone.

Jcs1919
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM
you can reload by press A then re-equipping your weapon

you don't see the reload gfx ! :cry:

DustyPorViva
09-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't see how reloading would be that hard to script. Not like there is anything all that important going on anyways. Manual reloading is a tactical action, as you can control when you run out of bullets in the middle of a gun fight... hence why nearly all modern FPS' have such a function.

Switch
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Have you scripted? Cause it actually isn't that easy writing a script for even the most basic actions.
Doing a reload isn't that hard.

you don't see the reload gfx ! :cry:
Boo hoo.

bahamutstevetff
09-05-2009, 12:16 AM
1 this has been discussed many times and has been proven to not be worth the time as you can reload by press A then re-equipping your weapon
2 It's not hard to count

yes it is, i can never keep track of how much ammo i have left!

Shadow5596321
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
You can already do so.

darksage15
09-05-2009, 02:48 AM
If THIS doesn't get people to come on Zone, I don't know what will!!!

RebelArbiter
09-05-2009, 03:17 AM

Go back to school then GAWD

seanthien
09-05-2009, 03:23 AM
I don't see how reloading would be that hard to script. Not like there is anything all that important going on anyways. Manual reloading is a tactical action, as you can control when you run out of bullets in the middle of a gun fight... hence why nearly all modern FPS' have such a function.

This is Zone though. It's gameplay is by far a lot different.

Whether or not it's difficult to script, it'd be a waste of time.

DustyPorViva
09-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Whether or not it's difficult to script, it'd be a waste of time.
As opposed to them working on...?
And besides gameplay, usually if a game has a gun it has a reload button -_-

BigBear3
09-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Unequip, re-equip. Reloaded.

Minomato
09-05-2009, 06:43 AM

Become familiar with the weapon you are using. See how many shots your gun will squeeze off before it has to reload. Keep it in mind as you fight, and re-equip if it's really going to be a pain for you.

seanthien
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
As opposed to them working on...?
And besides gameplay, usually if a game has a gun it has a reload button -_-

Have you read the other threads? There are plently of other things they can be working on. This isn't even worth arguing about.

Yeah, and so you can compare Zone with every other fps?
Since when did every game have to be alike?

BigBear3
09-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Zone fps?

????????

DustyPorViva
09-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Have you read the other threads? There are plently of other things they can be working on. This isn't even worth arguing about.

Yeah, and so you can compare Zone with every other fps?
Since when did every game have to be alike?
You act like the lack of reloading is a positive feature that sets Zone apart from other games, lol.

Ya, stick that on the front page to advertise Zone:
+ Control Mecha's, wielding devastating power!
+ Vast array of weaponry at your disposal!
+ No manual reloading!

bahamutstevetff
09-06-2009, 05:08 PM
You act like the lack of reloading is a positive feature that sets Zone apart from other games, lol.

Ya, stick that on the front page to advertise Zone:
+ Control Mecha's, wielding devastating power!
+ Vast array of weaponry at your disposal!
+ No manual reloading!

my advertisment campaign was better >: (

seanthien
09-06-2009, 06:46 PM
No, but I'm saying you can't just say "Oh well most games like this have it, why doesn't zone??? MAKE SENSE 2 HAVE THIS, ADD IT PLZ" without any regards of how it would actually affects the gameplay or even do anything positive. Which in this case it won't do **** for Zone when they obviously have better things to work on.

+ No manual reloading!

Re-equip your weapon. It's not that hard.
You're making such a big deal out of a pointless subject that's not even worth talking about.

DustyPorViva
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
No, but I'm saying you can't just say "Oh well most games like this have it, why doesn't zone??? MAKE SENSE 2 HAVE THIS, ADD IT PLZ" without any regards of how it would actually affects the gameplay or even do anything positive. Which in this case it won't do **** for Zone when they obviously have better things to work on.

It does make sense. If every game that has a gun has a reload feature, I think maybe they're on to something. Oh, and generally considering that just about every FPS out there does 10x better than Zone, maybe Zone should start doing what they're doing.
Re-equip your weapon. It's not that hard.
You're making such a big deal out of a pointless subject that's not even worth talking about.
No one is really making a big deal out of it other than the people who seem to NOT want it. I don't care, I don't play Zone... in fact it seems like no one plays Zone, so really why does anyone care? An idea was proposed and everyone seems to want to argue against it for no other reason than to think it's a waste of time. Let the ideas flow and let the staff decide what is, and isn't, a waste of time. Especially on such small features like this. Generally players have no idea what is and isn't a hard thing to implement. In fact, this would be one of those very small features slipped in between bigger dev projects and no one would notice until it was announced.