PDA

View Full Version : Graal Login GUI

DuBsTeRmAn
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Allo...
(Great, I just wrote it all then Internet crashed and shut down)

Since Elk made a new Server List image, He made me think again about the Login GUI.. I think we should change this one too, It doesn't give any information about the Game, And when i would see the login as a new player i wouldn't really think ''Woah that's a cool game''..

I can't make graphics at all points so i just made a image with text and numbers..

1) I think we should use this un-used space to display more about the game, You could add some images of every server.. This will show a new player how the game looks and that might make him more intrested.

2) I think we should also change this part, Maybe we could change it into a Wooden-Style image so it fits the server list which Elk made

*) Graal also doesn't tell anything about the game itself when you visit it, I think there should be a FAQ Button which you can press at the Login so you can read how the game is set up. When i played this for the first time i was like: WOAH WHAT IS THIS? THERE ARE LIKE 10 GAMES?
You have no clue how to play when you are really new..
This is the same for a few servers, You have no idea what you can do and what you are supposed to do on the server..

cyan3
09-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree that the gui style and the background need to be changed but other than that it's perfectly fine. Personally I dislike the idea of having graal information on the login page because you shouldn't be spending more than 10 seconds on the login screen.

DuBsTeRmAn
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree that the gui style and the background need to be changed but other than that it's perfectly fine. Personally I dislike the idea of having graal information on the login page because you shouldn't be spending more than 10 seconds on the login screen.

well on the server list then whatever x.x

Darlene159
09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I want it to have a more Graal look and feel. :(

Codein
09-02-2009, 06:59 PM

Me too :/

Soala
09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I just spent about 5mins looking at it and got some ideas. Should try some stuff soon ^^
(Maybe something relaxing in photoshop, who knows..)

DustyPorViva
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Err... that's not really 'unused space'. I don't keep my window that large, so I don't really have that much free space on the sides. Also keep in mind trials are only allowed to have like, half that screensize. That doesn't apply to the login, but since the screensize is saved, they most likely will just keep it that small anyways.

Tigairius
09-02-2009, 08:20 PM

It would be nice, and somewhat simple to do really. Just need a graphic artist to make a new GUI for Graal all together, would require almost no effort on Stefan's part to implement it.

Of course, it has to follow the same basic format as the GUIBlue, but the GUIs are actually surprisingly flexible.

09-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Dusty made some nice green 3d/non 3d gui images, ask if you can use those?

Inverness
09-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I want it to have a more Graal look and feel. :(That is what the website needs. :\

Darlene159
09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
That is what the website needs. :\Yes, I know

sssssssssss
10-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Dusty made some nice green 3d/non 3d gui images, ask if you can use those?

I liked that old green menu better. :)