PDA

View Full Version : Farout idea

Fury
08-20-2009, 06:04 AM
OK, So me and Tsu have been talking about ways in which zone could be saved, and we came up with one.

Basically, zone would be well and truly revamped!!!

what we would have happen is deleat every planet besides iricia and spar, these two would be reffered to as spar (classic) and iricia(classic).

the rest would be replaces with new planets, similar to the old ones in like goals and stuff, but different gameplay. Basically there would be a new health system, similar to halo in which you have a shield which depleats as you take damage, and regenerates after a short amout of time. Secondly, these planets would have a completely new arsenal of weapons which are big, powerful, farout, futuristic, cinematic, and would be simply a lot more fun to use, big blasts, huge vortexes, airsupport, tank support, mega blast, like rapid fire rocket launchers, scatter guns, you get the picture.

I think it would be much more fun to play a game like this, where the weapons are designed to make things go BOOM. maybe fully destructable environments lol. It would take time, but in the long run i think it would fully boost zones playercount a lot, and if you want to play old zone, spar and iricia classic are still there, maybe even platform :).

screen_name
08-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Fully destructible environment? Heck, even nextGen games hasn't truly accomplished this yet. I like the idea(s) though.

Fury
08-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Fully destructible environment? Heck, even nextGen games hasn't truly accomplished this yet. I like the idea(s) though.

well not exactly fully destructable environmentsm i guess it was the wrong term, i mean like destructable objects, maybe to provide cover for a small period.

possible buildings to hide in that can be destroyed by explosives, or ledges that can be shot down, think red faction.

screen_name
08-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Never played Red Faction actually, but I get what you're going for. It's quite possible though. Maybe this could be implemented in a sort of "defend/demolish the base" game type, where you must bum rush the opposing base, clear it out, then destroy the base.

papajchris
08-20-2009, 07:45 AM
I'd imagine a destructable gmap very very laggy

Schetti
08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
YAA!
Steal ideas from Halo because we can't image ourself. That's what Zone needs: :p

But a question, would my perm weaps be deleted? or even my account reseted??

RebelArbiter
08-20-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd imagine a destructable gmap very very laggy

It would be terribly laggy and with the host/client issues I doubt cover would work right. Nice sig btw

BigBear3
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Sweet now Zone can take stuff from Red Faction and Halo (again). Pretty soon there will be a Master Chief-similar helmet. And gravity ha- wait.

Jcs1919
08-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Sweet now Zone can take stuff from Red Faction and Halo (again). Pretty soon there will be a Master Chief-similar helmet. And gravity ha- wait.

haha i played red faction, the guns are nice

Donark
08-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Not a bad idea, but would take forever to redo all the planets and gmaps.

RevolutionJS
08-20-2009, 04:27 PM
And who should be making this?

Schetti
08-20-2009, 05:03 PM
And who should be making this?
Come back in 2012 and Ill tell you ;)

CharlieM
08-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Red faction was awesome c4+infnite ammo= fast levels yay

seanthien
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
You're talking about a 2-d shooter on Graal here. Come up with something reasonable for Zone developers + Zone or ask what they're planning on doing and develop it with them.

Just taking stuff from different games (I stopped trying to read after I read "deleat" and read "halo" and all the other boom and effects you want added so correct me if I got the wrong idea) seems really lame, more so since it'd be on a 2-d notsogreatgraphics game like Graal.

It's not like people can't come up with their own ideas being Zone is based in the future where anything is possible. Come up with something original or take a piece of something, a small piece might I add, and twist and curve it so it's fitting for the server.

Fury
08-21-2009, 02:32 AM
pretty much anything zone does would have been done by another game. it just needs to be more subtle, its just because halo is very popular that the similarities are brought to your attention,.
It was based around making zone more exciting, and old weapons wouldnt be deleted, just used on the classic planets. new more seriose impact weapons would be on the new planets.

it would most likely attract more people since zone is pretty boring.

Switch
08-21-2009, 02:42 AM
pretty much anything zone does would have been done by another game. it just needs to be more subtle, its just because halo is very popular that the similarities are brought to your attention,.
It was based around making zone more exciting, and old weapons wouldnt be deleted, just used on the classic planets. new more seriose impact weapons would be on the new planets.

it would most likely attract more people since zone is pretty boring.

People can come up with their own ideas, you're just lazy.

I don't like the idea. I'm sure my reasons have already been brought up.

Fury
08-21-2009, 04:25 AM
People can come up with their own ideas, you're just lazy.

I don't like the idea. I'm sure my reasons have already been brought up.

im not lazy, me and tsu discussed a lot on the benefits such a thing could have, but small minded children like you that are still stuck in the past cant see it. The only real downside i can think of is the lag.

the concept is simple, a better game all around.

BigBear3
08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
This thread is .... FAR OUT

Switch
08-21-2009, 06:16 PM
im not lazy, me and tsu discussed a lot on the benefits such a thing could have, but small minded children like you that are still stuck in the past cant see it. The only real downside i can think of is the lag.

the concept is simple, a better game all around.

I was quoting you replying to Sean about coming up with ideas.
The entire thing is pretty much a ripoff of a/few other games, therefore you just taking those ideas and wanting to implement them in Zone and saying "o wel ther are moar poplar games tht alredy haz al stuf tht zone cen do so ya do this" is being lazy and not thinking up of your own ideas.
SN already has a great idea for Zone (posted in the staff section for anyone that has it) that I'm sure will balance out the gameplay completely. It will take a lot of hard work and time to implement, though, so be patient on this. Just know that there are ideas that you can come up with, too.

seanthien
08-21-2009, 10:20 PM
pretty much anything zone does would have been done by another game. it just needs to be more subtle, its just because halo is very popular that the similarities are brought to your attention
That make's it okay to not be original and have something similar to it that doesn't fit Graal/Zone whatsoever? Yeah, makes obvious sense there buddy. Give it a twist or something original that works with Zone's background.
it would most likely attract more people since zone is pretty boring. This makes me believe you put forth little to no effort into thinking this through "because zone is pretty boring".

Think it through a little, you're trying to make Zone into something that Graal most likely can't even handle. Any player from any game would be attracted to something with big visual special effects that you're thinking of for a short while. Also, who's doing the development? Think of something reasonable for Zone, not something that is pretty much making a whole new server in itself with the effects of the past Zone.

Jesse's plan/idea is the best one to follow through with if you ask me. It's something that fixs obvious problems Zone has and improves the gameplay.

jkool666
08-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Horrible idea, in my opinion. It doesn't seem like Zone or Graal at all.

Admins
08-22-2009, 12:13 AM
We are actually planning to experiment with new weapon systems, that's why we also asked for more ideas about weapons. Think of more balanced weapons.

Fury
08-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I was quoting you replying to Sean about coming up with ideas.
The entire thing is pretty much a ripoff of a/few other games, therefore you just taking those ideas and wanting to implement them in Zone and saying "o wel ther are moar poplar games tht alredy haz al stuf tht zone cen do so ya do this" is being lazy and not thinking up of your own ideas.
SN already has a great idea for Zone (posted in the staff section for anyone that has it) that I'm sure will balance out the gameplay completely. It will take a lot of hard work and time to implement, though, so be patient on this. Just know that there are ideas that you can come up with, too.

Ive thought of many ideas, most of which stay generally between me and supernanny, this one tsu urged me to post about because we thought it would be good, i mean how is bigger guns and a shield system to balance out the damage a total rip off of other games?

Switch
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Ive thought of many ideas, most of which stay generally between me and supernanny, this one tsu urged me to post about because we thought it would be good, i mean how is bigger guns and a shield system to balance out the damage a total rip off of other games?

1) That shield system is exactly what Gambet had posted and started making.

2) I mean this:
I think it would be much more fun to play a game like this, where the weapons are designed to make things go BOOM. maybe fully destructable environments lol. It would take time, but in the long run i think it would fully boost zones playercount a lot, and if you want to play old zone, spar and iricia classic are still there, maybe even platform :).

Fury
08-22-2009, 12:46 AM
1) That shield system is exactly what Gambet had posted and started making.

I wasent aware that it had been started.

2) I mean this:

how exactly is that a lazy rip off?

Switch
08-22-2009, 12:57 AM
how exactly is that a lazy rip off?

You answered yourself.

BigBear3
08-22-2009, 02:27 AM
halo is very popular that the similarities are brought to your attention,.

Yep.. Mmhmm..

Shadow5596321
08-22-2009, 02:31 AM
We are actually planning to experiment with new weapon systems, that's why we also asked for more ideas about weapons. Think of more balanced weapons.If you call the ones you guys released as "balanced" please let somebody else do the stuff for it.

Fury
08-22-2009, 02:32 AM
You answered yourself.

I ment everything currently in zone.

Shadow5596321
08-22-2009, 02:33 AM
I ment everything currently in zone.LOL. Zone=One big ol' rip off.

seanthien
08-22-2009, 04:05 AM
We are actually planning to experiment with new weapon systems, that's why we also asked for more ideas about weapons. Think of more balanced weapons.
Where'd balance weapons and new ones fall in play here? The thread was pretty much an idea to remake Zone itself. Makes me question whether or not Stefan actually read the damn thread.

LOL. Zone=One big ol' rip off.

You can say any game is a rip-off of any other game really.