PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Mark Sir Link
08-18-2009, 07:25 AM
1.) update the outfits on the top floor of Taylor Richard's. No one wears stuff like that anymore and a newb who wouldn't know to set their own stuff shouldn't be stuck looking like an idiot.

2.) add construction workers/loggers. I understand the point is OW expansion over time but it makes no sense for there to be a path leading between two trees that you can't follow. Maybe add a tree or two there for now and some NPCs who are cutting it down. As for the cliffs behind Supernick's, maybe some demolition guys blowing part of the rock face up to make a path?

3.) remove old player houses. For places such as the Zone, keep same the same basic outdoor level but let someone who actually plays have that spot. I can think of very few memorable player houses that are worth keeping their spots. Quest Levels and merchant type buildings make sense to retain but I don't see why Chris Kill'em has exclusive control over his area until Classic is deleted.

4.) "construction" tiles. For buildings that don't have their insides created yet, have generic looking construction materials that can be built in the shape around the building. When the inside is completed, upload the finished version of the outside. Either that, or make it obvious empty houses cannot be entered by having the door not vanish upon touching

MysticX2X
08-18-2009, 07:33 AM
I agree fully with the first two points. I think a plan was when Classic is re-released sometime in the future to something playable we would have construction workers at places that lead to no where until they were finished.

For the third ones, I guess some could be removed, but with newer leveling styles, I'd think newer playerhouses would look out of place. I personally wouldn't want them in the centralized part which is graal city and the couple of levels that encompass it.

Rufus
08-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree with the points in the opening post, they would contribute to a better overall presentation.

1.) update the outfits on the top floor of Taylor Richard's. No one wears stuff like that anymore and a newb who wouldn't know to set their own stuff shouldn't be stuck looking like an idiot.

I agree that Taylor Richard's currently contains outfits that aren't really used, but there is a positive in their styles because the selection has quite a variety of old and somewhat classic; these days everyone seems to look similar, as opposed to old screenshots where people seemed to wear more colorful and vibrant outfits. It would be kinda cool however if Taylor Richard's selection changed monthly to the current in-fashions, or maybe showcasing some new selections of hats/heads/bodies/styles that people are wearing or have just been made by players/developers of the server. Makes for repeat visits, especially if you're a newer player, and I don't think it'd take that much effort.

For the third ones, I guess some could be removed, but with newer leveling styles, I'd think newer playerhouses would look out of place. I personally wouldn't want them in the centralized part which is graal city and the couple of levels that encompass it.

If there was a bigger set of tiles and object graphics for that "classic" styling, such as different styles of walls, carpet, household objects, then I think there'd be more of an encouragement to work in that style. People resorted to all of this experimental crap because of the lack of predefined objects and graphics, not because it necessarily looks better.