PDA

View Full Version : Graal: Video Advertising

Crono1508
07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Would it be worth it to make a video uploaded via YouTube for advertising and to attract more players?

The video would contain multi-playerworlds gameplay mainly consisting Unholy Nation, Era, and Zodiac. I would advertise Graal Kingdoms, but I do not own Gold nor have I even played it myself. But to throw some sort of advertisement video on YouTube with many tags to get caught up in video searches, would it help boost playercount at all? (It would be in HD format as well)

Your thoughts. :confused:

Crono
07-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Have fun.

cbk1994
07-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't think it would help much, but no one is going to stop you if you want to try.

Cubes
07-22-2009, 01:05 AM
put 'SEX, BOOB, HOT GIRL, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, ect,ect,ect' as the tags for views++.

Crono1508
07-22-2009, 02:39 AM
put 'SEX, BOOB, HOT GIRL, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, ect,ect,ect' as the tags for views++.

Yeah I know.

Scary_Sock
07-22-2009, 04:04 AM
I would help

Unkownsoldier
07-22-2009, 04:20 AM
You wouldn't be the first to try this, I hope you actually have good video editing technology so you can make a good quality commercial, otherwise, it isn't even worth the bother.

TSAdmin
07-22-2009, 04:59 AM
I hope you actually have good video editing technology so you can make a good quality commercial, otherwise, it isn't even worth the bother.

^ Pretty much this.

Many people have tried and you could sit there and pick it to pieces for ages. Whether it's the fact that there was a spelling error in their poor-quality Windows Movie Maker (not that there's anything wrong with this program, just the user's inexperience) video text entry, or lack of "WOOOOW" factor to impact the viewer, there hasn't been a very successful advert.

I openly welcome attempts in every form though. If it's good enough, it could grab the attention of the Managing Directors and they may want to use it. Think about how many things they've called upon the community to have a go at (Including a call-out for people to have a go at making a new website layout). So I definitely welcome it.

Rufus
07-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Think about how many things they've called upon the community to have a go at (Including a call-out for people to have a go at making a new website layout).

They have?

Crono
07-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Think about how many things they've called upon the community to have a go at (Including a call-out for people to have a go at making a new website layout).

Like managing the game? ^__________________________^

TSAdmin
07-22-2009, 05:47 AM
They have?

Well, sending a "call-out" might be pressing my own words a little there. It was more like "If someone can come up with something, we'd like to see it". A post, or thread, Stefan made when people started complaining about the current layout of the GraalOnline website. Quite a few people took to the idea and put their hands up, but I honestly don't remember seeing many being brought forward. At least not to the forums.

Scary_Sock
07-22-2009, 05:48 AM
You can easily get good editing software from just "Youtube"ing it. I can help out with this project if you need any. I wish you the best of luck if you try to do it yourself, which I doubt.

Rufus
07-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Well, sending a "call-out" might be pressing my own words a little there. It was more like "If someone can come up with something, we'd like to see it". A post, or thread, Stefan made when people started complaining about the current layout of the GraalOnline website. Quite a few people took to the idea and put their hands up, but I honestly don't remember seeing many being brought forward. At least not to the forums.

I think you're confusing Stefan with HoudiniMan. If Stefan had posted something like that I can guarantee that some people would have at least attempted it.

cbk1994
07-22-2009, 06:00 AM
You can easily get good editing software from just "Youtube"ing it. I can help out with this project if you need any. I wish you the best of luck if you try to do it yourself, which I doubt.

The software isn't the problem, it's the person doing the editing. Not very many people are good at video editing that play Graal.

TSAdmin
07-22-2009, 06:36 AM
I think you're confusing Stefan with HoudiniMan. If Stefan had posted something like that I can guarantee that some people would have at least attempted it.

In absolute honesty, you may very well be right. I didn't use the search feature of the forums to confirm my statement as I was sure it was Stefan, but it may very well have been HoudiniMan and not Stefan, even though I am still rather convinced Stefan at the least made comment 'for' the opportunity.

At any rate, advertising is something the Business Director doesn't seem to be taking on board as something to focus on, so I still support the idea that if someone could present something professional, yet intriguing, while not riddling the footage with errors (Both technically and grammatically/spelling), I do believe it's worth a shot.

fowlplay4
07-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Video Editing isn't even hard.. Learn a few basics in Sony Vegas, find a good song that you can sync too, use a few basic transitions between clips, add some text and you're good to go!

Besides.. Graal has some quality increase work to do before it should even consider making a video about itself, oh yeah and making it look fast-paced could draw people in but greatly disappoint them. :(

Long story short, there's a long way to go before we can see something good.

Crono
07-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Besides.. Graal has some quality increase work to do before it should even consider making a video about itself, oh yeah and making it look fast-paced could draw people in but greatly disappoint them. :(

Long story short, there's a long way to go before we can see something good.

Pretty much what I've said before, and so still so true.

Crono1508
07-22-2009, 07:13 AM
I must not use Sony Vegas correctly because whenever I try making things I just end up getting a headache at some of the features I try to use, and it seems very sloppy in the end.

Scary_Sock
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I must not use Sony Vegas correctly because whenever I try making things I just end up getting a headache at some of the features I try to use, and it seems very sloppy in the end.

I have some great past experience making montages for some video games I used to play.

I was able to make the screen shake, make it turn to a corner with a freeze-frame shot (It was kinda cool) and the tutorials are really easy to get a hang of when you actually learn the basics. It is NOT hard. The only "Hard" part about it is your creativity.

Crono1508
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I've taken video classes at my high school, I know how to operate Adobe Premiere pretty well. The only problem with that is actually getting the program right now. ;(

Scary_Sock
07-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I've taken video classes at my high school, I know how to operate Adobe Premiere pretty well. The only problem with that is actually getting the program right now. ;(

Ermm, I'm just going to say one word, since its against the rules to encourage...."Torrenting".

There is also a major issue with Graal's advertisement.

WE HAVE NONE. The way I found out graal was on a website that had a list of multiplayer-online games. There are many games I have played, including Runescape. (Which I dont play anymore(Example!))

I found out about Runescape on an ad. I found out about a game called Habbo hotel because it had some advertisements on IGN. Habbo was created 2005, and I joined the samer month it was created, and it has nearly 20k players.

The point is, I never seen Graal actually being advertised. It needs to get out there. The first step is to acutally make a video. We can have a contest withheld. Im also going to say one more thing. A game called Second-Life had a contest for a promo video. A person one, and im going to be totally honest here. That video actually dragged me into buying a subscription.

Unkownsoldier
07-23-2009, 04:24 AM
Ermm, I'm just going to say one word, since its against the rules to encourage...."Torrenting".

There is also a major issue with Graal's advertisement.

WE HAVE NONE. The way I found out graal was on a website that had a list of multiplayer-online games. There are many games I have played, including Runescape. (Which I dont play anymore(Example!))

I found out about Runescape on an ad. I found out about a game called Habbo hotel because it had some advertisements on IGN. Habbo was created 2005, and I joined the samer month it was created, and it has nearly 20k players.

The point is, I never seen Graal actually being advertised. It needs to get out there. The first step is to acutally make a video. We can have a contest withheld. Im also going to say one more thing. A game called Second-Life had a contest for a promo video. A person one, and im going to be totally honest here. That video actually dragged me into buying a subscription.

Depends where you live for Habbo I guess, I still have an account from 2004.. I could prove that to you if you would like. Currently it averages 14 k players at a time depending on when. I really don't play any more, but honestly what they made that game into is a joke. Runescape, I started playing in 2001, I loved they way it looked like classic, that was when the good players played, only around 100k people played, now tons of people play. Also, now that it is more crowded they find more ways to make money, makes me sick.

Switch
07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Also, now that it is more crowded they find more ways to make money, makes me sick.

That's what game businesses do. They don't make the game so people can just play, they make it so people will buy a subscription (or items, whatever the game offers) and makes more things quickly for those people/new subscribers (again, items or whatever) so they constantly have new things to do. Graal lacks that aspect, resulting in people coming once and leaving. If a dedicated team was made to ensure content being put out from the Gold (GK is doing fine with quarterly updates, but they need a larger team to get near monthly) and Classic servers, I'm sure Graal could be advertised better than "Make servers, make unixmad money."

I'm not sure if I worded this whole thing right, I'm kinda lightheaded.

Scary_Sock
07-23-2009, 11:23 PM
That's what game businesses do. They don't make the game so people can just play, they make it so people will buy a subscription (or items, whatever the game offers) and makes more things quickly for those people/new subscribers (again, items or whatever) so they constantly have new things to do. Graal lacks that aspect, resulting in people coming once and leaving. If a dedicated team was made to ensure content being put out from the Gold (GK is doing fine with quarterly updates, but they need a larger team to get near monthly) and Classic servers, I'm sure Graal could be advertised better than "Make servers, make unixmad money."

I'm not sure if I worded this whole thing right, I'm kinda lightheaded.

Which leads to the point where Stefan should make a Advertising/Business team, or just an Advertising Director.

Hiro
07-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Which leads to the point where Stefan should make a Advertising/Business team, or just an Advertising Director.
they aren't going to advertise computer graal - they would advertise graal on the iphone because more people will buy it, and more people will notice the ad because it has something to do with the iphone

computer graal seems to be completely on it's own

fowlplay4
07-24-2009, 06:42 AM

Isn't that what unixmad does/is supposed to be doing?

CharlieM
07-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Unix is the person who handles buisness aspects of CJ he does what he can to make sure there ventures are successful

Switch
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Unix is the person who handles buisness aspects of CJ he does what he can to make sure there ventures are successful

*cough*fail*cough*

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Isn't that what unixmad does/is supposed to be doing?

I haven't really seen anything else so far that helps Graal "Get out there", other than the iPhone games. But, I shouldn't be the one to talk either. Im pretty sure they were struggling on the whole iPhone thing, and im also pretty sure that Unixmad is working on something else at the moment, but we need real advertisment. The iPhone games are fine, but we need advertisment on the internet.

Im still suprised we do not have "Graal Online" merchandise, then again, Graal Online is made up of mostly servers, but merchandise of the top 5 servers wouldn't be so hard, including Gold servers.

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Unixmad is working on something else at the moment

That sooooooooo explains why he doesn't get on his own game's forums, or the game itself.

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:02 PM
That sooooooooo explains why he doesn't get on his own game's forums, or the game itself.

What else do you suggest hes doing?

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:13 PM
What else do you suggest hes doing?

Having fun milking money from Graal to take his many wives out to a romantic dinner, only to come home and have wild sex with all of them. In the next couple of weeks he finds out they are all pregnant, but it's okay since he has his money from Graal. Quickly getting fatter, his many wives begin to protest his devilish ways of not caring for them. In the midst of this, Graal begins to have a few updates to bring in some more quick cash. A few months later, babies pop out of their private areas. Now with many children to feed, Stephane Portha needs to get some more cash. Coming up with iPhone games, he once again has enough money for his children and many wives. But one of them got impregnated again, the one that Stephane had been ignoring, the fat one. Stephane becomes worried and banishes her from his palace. 2 weeks later, aliens (that oddly resemble his fat, banished wife) attack his mighty palace. He now seeks out the all-knowing oracle to find out what he should do, but even the oracle does not know. Currently, Stephane Portha, evil mastermind behind Graal and iPhone games, is in hiding, with his many children and without his wives (whom died in the first of soon-to-be several alien attacks), in a cave deep in the Southern reaches of South America.

papajchris
07-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Unixmad depends on the current way of advertising which is by word of mouth. Unfortunately no one speaks any good about Graal

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Having fun milking money from Graal to take his many wives out to a romantic dinner, only to come home and have wild sex with all of them. In the next couple of weeks he finds out they are all pregnant, but it's okay since he has his money from Graal. Quickly getting fatter, his many wives begin to protest his devilish ways of not caring for them. In the midst of this, Graal begins to have a few updates to bring in some more quick cash. A few months later, babies pop out of their private areas. Now with many children to feed, Stephane Portha needs to get some more cash. Coming up with iPhone games, he once again has enough money for his children and many wives. But one of them got impregnated again, the one that Stephane had been ignoring, the fat one. Stephane becomes worried and banishes her from his palace. 2 weeks later, aliens (that oddly resemble his fat, banished wife) attack his mighty palace. He now seeks out the all-knowing oracle to find out what he should do, but even the oracle does not know. Currently, Stephane Portha, evil mastermind behind Graal and iPhone games, is in hiding, with his many children and without his wives (whom died in the first of soon-to-be several alien attacks), in a cave deep in the Southern reaches of South America.

I would of never worded it any better.

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:21 PM
tbh i don't care for this topic at all..

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:22 PM
tbh i don't care for this topic at all..

tbh don't post in this topic at all..

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:24 PM
tbh don't post in this topic at all..

tbh dont mass your essays of tears on graal next time then

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:26 PM

Not a good start for you when you just joined the forums.

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:26 PM

tbh i believe you dont know what we were talking about

Flamewar is bad.

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:27 PM
i believe u mad & desperate for attention
tearz r bad

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:27 PM
tbh i believe you dont know what we were talking about

Flamewar is bad.

To Uni's cave!

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Not a good start for you when you just joined the forums.

compare the date i joined with the date u joined ^^

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:33 PM
compare the date i joined with the date u joined ^^

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87002

:\

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:34 PM
sry i forgot about that

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
i believe u mad & desperate for attention
tearz r bad
i believe lolursofunny & you don't know what we're talking about
Flamewar still is bad.
To Uni's cave!
You'll have to find it, coordinates nor a description are available.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87002

:\
[email protected] that

TheBjorkoholic
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
sup guys what's goin on in here?

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:39 PM
dunno switch seems to be mad..

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
dunno switch seems to be mad..

dunno heroin seems to be sofunny..

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Stop with the flaming. Switch, what do you suggest we do to advertise Graal?

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Stop with the flaming. Switch, what do you suggest we do to advertise Graal?

NOEZ!
Get some advertisements out on some popular sites, especially game sites. I would, but I have no money to do so. Some free advertisements should work maybe, I'm actually about to go on a few sites and do so.

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
NOEZ!
Get some advertisements out on some popular sites, especially game sites.

Well, other than that. Ad's is a pretty obvious suggestion.

Switch
07-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, other than that. Ad's is a pretty obvious suggestion.

Yeah, but Graal lacks that, so obviously we should do that.

Heroin
07-24-2009, 10:47 PM
do you honestly think advertisment for nowadays graal would work? ever seen the animal shelter trying to find a new home for dead rats?

cbk1994
07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Graal would be very hard to advertise for, especially if you're only using text ads. Not sure about you guys, but when I see flash ads (or even text ads) for MMORPGs, I dismiss them as crappy games. I assume most people do the same.

I remember someone posted where they had found a text ad for Graal, and while I'm not sure if that was real or not, it was worded pretty poorly. You'd need to decide whether Graal should be advertised to developers or players. Saying it's a community-made MMORPG just sounds stupid, even though the ability to "create Graal" is what is keeping a lot of people here.

Scary_Sock
07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Graal would be very hard to advertise for, especially if you're only using text ads. Not sure about you guys, but when I see flash ads (or even text ads) for MMORPGs, I dismiss them as crappy games. I assume most people do the same.

I remember someone posted where they had found a text ad for Graal, and while I'm not sure if that was real or not, it was worded pretty poorly. You'd need to decide whether Graal should be advertised to developers or players. Saying it's a community-made MMORPG just sounds stupid, even though the ability to "create Graal" is what is keeping a lot of people here.

Agreed.

Switch
07-25-2009, 12:11 AM
It depends what is on the ad. If it looks bad, obviously I ignore it; on the contrary, if it looks good, I check out the site. I don't go out to stores like Best Buy to find new games, since I feel really nerdy doing that (although I don't doubt that I am one, I'd just rather not be seen in public doing that), so I check ad's.

I've seen a few of those Ad's, from really early on in Graal (only advertising Kingdoms, so it was around 2002). It could be advertised like you said, as a community-made game, but that should be a separate part of the information in the ad, or not in it at all. Mostly it should be named as a "progressing" game, as I'd put it, where the servers progress with how players want them to, and not stagnant with item/quest/holiday additions only like in most other games.

Chompy
07-25-2009, 05:13 AM
It depends what is on the ad. If it looks bad, obviously I ignore it; on the contrary, if it looks good, I check out the site. I don't go out to stores like Best Buy to find new games, since I feel really nerdy doing that (although I don't doubt that I am one, I'd just rather not be seen in public doing that), so I check ad's.

Checking out Best Buy for games is 'nerdy'? :whatever::megaeek:

I've seen a few of those Ad's, from really early on in Graal (only advertising Kingdoms, so it was around 2001).

Wasn't you 6-7 years old back then?

It could be advertised like you said, as a community-made game, but that should be a separate part of the information in the ad, or not in it at all. Mostly it should be named as a "progressing" game, as I'd put it, where the servers progress with how players want them to, and not stagnant with item/quest/holiday additions only like in most other games.

I agree.
Advertising for Graal is hard, which really is because we don't know what to advertise. There are many servers and advertising all of those in a (little, fast and) catchy ad will be hard.

Rufus
07-25-2009, 05:30 AM

Kingdoms didn't even come out till 2002, lol.

Switch
07-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Checking out Best Buy for games is 'nerdy'? :whatever::megaeek:
For MMO's, yes. Console games, not as much, but still a bit.

I didn't see them THEN, I've seen the ads that were MADE then.

Kingdoms didn't even come out till 2002, lol.
My bad, fixed ^^

Stephen
07-25-2009, 06:13 AM
That was a small adwords campaign I was running - I was testing a series of text ads to see which got the best results and the overall effectiveness of advertising on Graal.

It's science. :noob: :cool:

Jcs1919
07-27-2009, 01:34 AM
That was a small adwords campaign I was running - I was testing a series of text ads to see which got the best results and the overall effectiveness of advertising on Graal.

It's science. :noob: :cool:

Yes. :cool: