PDA

View Full Version : Stop messing up GuiBlue

cbk1994
07-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Some script (I'm guessing the forums) is messing up my GuiBlue profiles, which shows on other servers.

For example,

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2051/picture35y.png

The text color is obviously not what it is supposed to be.

_Zelph
07-18-2009, 08:52 PM
The forums use a custom profiling system that I made, and thusly the word "GuiBlue" doesn't appear in it too often

However, in every case that it does, it's paired with useownprofile=true

I know this doesn't help the problem but I really, really doubt it's the forums. They've been out for a while and I haven't seen this problem yet. Yes, I know how frustrating it is to have GuiBlue changed.

I wish some sort of protection would be made for it, really.

salesman
07-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Make sure you're puting useownprofile in the right spot. I had a problem with this the other day with Era's profiles.

// BAD
useownprofile = true;
profile = GuiBlueTextListProfile;
// profile changes

// GOOD
profile = GuiBlueTextListProfile;
useownprofile = true;
// profile changes

If you declare the profile name after useownprofile I believe it will still screw it up

_Zelph
07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Make sure you're puting useownprofile in the right spot.

Nah, it's in there correctly. Besides, it's only logical to use useownprofile AFTER you set the profile :)

salesman
07-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Nah, it's in there correctly. Besides, it's only logical to use useownprofile AFTER you set the profile :)

Just trying to help. You're obviously doing something wrong over there :)

_Zelph
07-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Just trying to help. You're obviously doing something wrong over there :)

Look, I appreciate the help, but it's not the forums causing the problem. I'm at work right now -- I got on RC to double check the forums anyway but I'm not able to sit here and check everything else. I'm not the only scripter there!