PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac V2 Update: July 14th 2009

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Hello Graal Forums

First off I'd like to announce a few new additions to our team.

- LalVlpShade (GAT)
- Grey (GAT)
- Em (GAT)

We also have Arch_Angel and Elk helping out on Zodiac Debug with V2 graphics. I am hoping we will be able to get a lot of work done for V2 together.

Em has already redone the main HUD, and it's pretty nice. I also did the animation scripts for weapons but there's a lot missing, so Tay will have lots of work to do.

http://feare.net/img/zodiac_v2baddypreview1.png

As you can see in my forest test environment, we have a couple new baddies that don't sport the graal avatars. These were created by Lalvlpshade, we look forward to bringing life to many more custom baddies.

pooper200000
07-15-2009, 01:13 AM
That looks nice :)

cyan3
07-15-2009, 01:18 AM
That looks awesome, Great work to the Zodiac development team ^^

WaDaFack
07-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Looks awesome, the GUI sorta looks similiar to the one *Chompy tried to make for Zodiac last time, just smaller and cleaner!

but. . . are "GRAPHICAL" baddies actually going to have an animation when they attack, or are they just going to jump at you. Graphical baddies meaning ones that are made from scratch (BDs, Ogres for example!)

papajchris
07-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Looks awesome, the GUI sorta looks similiar to the one *Chompy tried to make for Zodiac last time, just smaller and cleaner!

but. . . are "GRAPHICAL" baddies actually going to have an animation when they attack, or are they just going to jump at you. Graphical baddies meaning ones that are made from scratch (BDs, Ogres for example!)

Yeahh it would be cool to see the baddies actually attack, not try to hump you. Nonetheless, the baddies look cool, and i like the new gui. Its not black which is a relief!

Also, is the new GAT the Grey from Babylon? :confused:

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Yes, those baddies actually have attack graphics/frames. Also I have no knowledge of Grey's previous Graal life, so you'll just have to ask yourself.

Crono1508
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
What I like about this picture is you're bringing variety monsters when it comes to dungeons. I think its better to have more types of baddies in a dungeon, rather than the same one. For example, Lich Dungeon has Baby Liches and the normal Lich. Including those three Dragon heads at the end. That's what made the first dungeon cool. Otherwise you have the newer dungeons like ferals, all the same blacky wolves packed on next to each other.

As far as the gui in the corner, it seems basic... and its tan. Not my greatest taste in color. Honestly I would have Elk wip up something nasty that has statues holding the health orb/bar or something in common like a Diablo 2. Nonetheless, be unique with it and come up something that could represent Zodiac a little better. If I'm not mistaken, Zodiac has been known for its black color scheme. You could just do the same thing with different shades of gray.

Gambet
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Looks like it's coming along great, hopefully with all the GAT support you can finally turn Zodiac around with respect to graphics quality.

WaDaFack
07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Just an idea, but to prevent massing; other than making them surround you, make it so baddies can't walk in each other so you can't really stack them ^_^ makes more sense IMO.

Gambet
07-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Just an idea, but to prevent massing; other than making them surround you, make it so baddies can't walk in each other so you can't really stack them ^_^ makes more sense IMO.

I think Zodiac used to be like that when Yen first made the baddies but that was removed for some reason I forgot why, Jerret should be able to elaborate some.

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
The wall-detection for move flag is buggy, which is what I believe Yen used.

I can't think of an efficient way to script that but it's not a big deal as a random element makes them spread a bit. Then they reposition and surround you shortly after getting in attack range.

Crono1508
07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Just make them hit harder, lucky if you kill two? Remove life leech unless its a spell.

Soala
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I can't see the image :( Someone post link here ?

papajchris
07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
http://feare.net/img/zodiac_v2baddypreview1.png

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Webserver is going through a server upgrade.

Uploaded else where:
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2324/zodiacv2baddypreview1.png

Unkownsoldier
07-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Looks fantastic. I love the gui. Yet, I have to ask you. Are you going to add an armor damaging system? Honestly, to make the game realistic armor should eventually break after so many hits it receives like 1000-2000 hits. This will keep armor circulating and there will not be an abundance. So rare armor is now actually rare. You could make the items different like:

Shield: 3000 hits
Plate: 5000 hits
Legs: 2500 hits
Gloves: 2000 hits
Boots: 200 hits
Ring: 10000 hits

Hits meaning how many times a baddy or player hits you until your armor gets destroyed and you are forced to re-buy or get armor. Honestly we don't need 1000x of this armor when we can only have as much as we need now instead. This means you could raise the rate at which good armor drops however people will have to keep getting it eventually.

papajchris
07-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Looks fantastic. I love the gui. Yet, I have to ask you. Are you going to add an armor damaging system? Honestly, to make the game realistic armor should eventually break after so many hits it receives like 1000-2000 hits. This will keep armor circulating and there will not be an abundance. So rare armor is now actually rare. You could make the items different like:

Shield: 3000 hits
Plate: 5000 hits
Legs: 2500 hits
Gloves: 2000 hits
Boots: 200 hits
Ring: 10000 hits

Hits meaning how many times a baddy or player hits you until your armor gets destroyed and you are forced to re-buy or get armor. Honestly we don't need 1000x of this armor when we can only have as much as we need now instead. This means you could raise the rate at which good armor drops however people will have to keep getting it eventually.

thats been mentioned many times. it would be nice to if the armor could be repaired with money, which would take money out of the economy

Unkownsoldier
07-16-2009, 12:53 AM
That might even be a better idea. Because, what is the point if you are going to fight monsters to get new rare armor if you have no rare armor. Armor should have a percentage on how much of it is left. Then, the rarer it is the more money you pay.

Crono1508
07-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Speaking of money (pref. gold) you should make values lower so not every player has a million gold. You know? Just price everything down a bit. I hate buying things for 2million gold.

fowlplay4
07-16-2009, 01:14 AM
There's no need to explain durability systems, if we decide to go that route we would probably have the durability decrease on death, script wise it's easier to do and keeps the damage functions minimal.

WaDaFack
07-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Just make them hit harder, lucky if you kill two? Remove life leech unless its a spell.
I agree, other than making baddies not stack, just lower the HP Leech by A LOT so you can't really take on 5-10 at a time and just regain the hp they took away from you.

fowlplay4
07-16-2009, 01:27 AM
No, HP Leech on weapons has to die. FOREVER.

CremisiSteam
07-26-2009, 07:58 PM
unfortunately
theres always that problem with armor/weapon durability...

once used it should not stack ontop of the unused type if you have 2 of the same right?
how would that be done?

I mean if you have

5 leather armors...
you equip one and get hit
now you have
4 leather armors
and 1 leather armors with 99 durability left?
how do you do it lol

fowlplay4
07-26-2009, 09:06 PM
unfortunately
theres always that problem with armor/weapon durability...

once used it should not stack ontop of the unused type if you have 2 of the same right?
how would that be done?

I mean if you have

5 leather armors...
you equip one and get hit
now you have
4 leather armors
and 1 leather armors with 99 durability left?
how do you do it lol

Weapons and Armors don't stack in V2, so it's not much of a problem.

CremisiSteam
07-29-2009, 09:00 PM
wooot!

that has always bothered me... XD
other than misc. items things should not stack like that XD