PDA

View Full Version : server rotation

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:05 AM
in graal's next version, i would like to see the client only let you play a server for 5 hours and then makes you play other servers for a few hours before letting you go back.

example:
I play UN for 5 hours and then am locked out until i play other servers for 5 hours, then can come back on UN

this will help spread playercount and will encourage developers to make better thigns on the server since there will always be more people coming in

kia345
07-14-2009, 07:07 AM
If I'm going to be forced to play something I don't like, and my alternative is to log off, I'm going to log off. Your latest idea sucks as bad as the rest.

oo_jazz_oo
this will help spread playercount and will encourage developers to make better thigns on the server since there will always be more people coming in

That or the more likely outcome:

People stop playing graal because they cant play the server they actually like.

Crono
OH MY GOD LOL.caps

It's as if his ideas get worse and worse.

DustyPorViva
07-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Forcing people to play is not going to actually make them play, it's just going to make them leave... because they're not going to play something they don't enjoy.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:14 AM
If I'm going to be forced to play something I don't like, and my alternative is to log off, I'm going to log off. Your latest idea sucks as bad as the rest.

no it doesn't. i don't see why you'd have a problem with having to play another server then GK.. there's plenty to do on UN/npulse/zodiac/era

That or the more likely outcome:

People stop playing graal because they cant play the server they actually like.

no... people always resent change on Graal, but eventually they'll like it.

OH MY GOD LOL.

caps

*rolls eyes*, then how is my idea bad? -_-

Crono
07-14-2009, 07:15 AM
*rolls eyes*, then how is my idea bad? -_-

This would do nothing other than piss players off. Playercount needs to rise because players actually want to play a server, not because they're forced to.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:16 AM
@dusty, they can still enjoy their gameplay on other servers.

cbk1994
07-14-2009, 07:18 AM
I wish you were joking, but unfortunately, I don't think you are.

DustyPorViva
07-14-2009, 07:19 AM
@dusty, they can still enjoy their gameplay on other servers.
No... forcing people to play is not going to force them to enjoy it. People don't play what they don't enjoy, no matter if you lock them out of the other servers, they're just going to stop playing alltogether. If I enjoyed Era, I'd play Era... but I don't, so I don't see why I'd be forced to sit there.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:19 AM
This would do nothing other than piss players off. Playercount needs to rise because players actually want to play a server, not because they're forced to.

*rolls eyes again* there are mor pros then cons to my idea.. some people will get mad, but they'll be helping graal by playing other servers and not the same one the whole day

i honestly think you're trying really hard to find reason to disagree with me because you hate me for some reason

Adding on...

No... forcing people to play is not going to force them to enjoy it. People don't play what they don't enjoy, no matter if you lock them out of the other servers, they're just going to stop playing alltogether. If I enjoyed Era, I'd play Era... but I don't, so I don't see why I'd be forced to sit there.

i didn't say you should be forced to play a specific server. it wouldn't kill you to find some friends on another server and play it.

DustyPorViva
07-14-2009, 07:20 AM
*rolls eyes again* there are mor pros then cons to my idea.. some people will get mad, but they'll be helping graal by playing other servers and not the same one the whole day

They won't be helping because they won't bother.

kia345
07-14-2009, 07:20 AM
i honestly think you're trying really hard to find reason to disagree with me because you hate me for some reason

No one tries to disagree with you. I saw this was your thread and hated it before I even clicked on it. You ideas just suck. No wonder you're exhausted, you waste all this time trying to justify bad ideas.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:23 AM
They won't be helping because they won't bother.

what makes you think you can speak for the entire graal population?

No one tries to disagree with you. I saw this was your thread and hated it before I even clicked on it. You ideas just suck. No wonder you're exhausted, you waste all this time trying to justify bad ideas.

wow an account name joke, how original. i rate your trolling a 2/10

DustyPorViva
07-14-2009, 07:24 AM

What makes you think you can?

fowlplay4
07-14-2009, 07:24 AM
I now declare that we call your idea EXTREME OBSERVER MODE, and observer mode sucks because it's anti-fun.

Crono
07-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Guys I really hope the jokes on us and he's been making these threads to bait us all the whole time.

There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. That's like World of Warcraft forcing players to switch from normal servers to PvP servers to RP servers every 5 hours, it's just ridiculous. There's a pretty good reason why no game does this. You're putting too much emphasis on playercount. Playercount changes by how well a playerworld can both attract and keep players, not how well Graal can force players onto a server.

Trust me, it doesn't take much effort to find a reason to disagree with anything you post. I'm sure the forum shares my opinion, and I'm pretty sure the problem is on your side not ours. LOL

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:30 AM
What makes you think you can?

because i studied psychology for 4 years in school and i've played graal for about seven years so i know how the general population will react

I now declare that we call your idea EXTREME OBSERVER MODE, and observer mode sucks because it's anti-fun.

3.4 rating, better then kia's.

There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. That's like World of Warcraft forcing players to switch from normal servers to PvP servers to RP servers every 5 hours,

this isn't WoW, making the rest of that irrelevant

Trust me, it doesn't take much effort to find a reason to disagree with anything you post. I'm sure the forum shares my opinion, and I'm pretty sure the problem is on your side not ours. LOL
4/10 rating, best trolling in this thread so far

seriously guys, why are you giving me such a hard time? if you think my ideas are ****ty, fine. you don't like them, fine. we could have a serious discussion about this, but you guys go right to flaming and subtle insults, which isn't what i want.

can we have a civil discussion, please?

kia345
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
wow an account name joke, how original. i rate your trolling a 2/10

Your thread is a joke. You seem to think this is a case of "trolls trolling trolls".

No, we genuinely think your ideas are stupid.

Clockwork
07-14-2009, 07:37 AM
I thought I said goodbye to you :(

Crono
07-14-2009, 07:37 AM
this isn't WoW, making the rest of that irrelevant

How does it make the rest irrelevant even if this isn't WoW? Here, allow me to remove that bit. There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. Go ahead, name me some pros.

4/10 rating, best trolling in this thread so far

This whole "YAY IM GOING TO RATE WHATEVER POST DISAGREES WITH ME AND BRAND THE POSTER A TROLL" is getting old. p.s it's not trolling

seriously guys, why are you giving me such a hard time? if you think my ideas are ****ty, fine. you don't like them, fine. we could have a serious discussion about this, but you guys go right to flaming and subtle insults, which isn't what i want.

Because your ideas are unbelievably terrible and yet you're the only person on this forum who can't see or accept that. You continue to argue with horrible logic, ignore any valid point thrown your way (with the ever so witty "lel 1/10 rating u troll lelel" stamp), and then keep going.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:38 AM
how is my thread a joke?
i want what we all want: graal to be a better game.
for every change, there are people that like and dislike that change, people that will stay, people that will quit.

if this feature was implemented, i guarantee a few people would quit, but in time more people would play and the game would get a LOT better

fowlplay4
07-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Seriously, you can't seriously expect players to drop everything they're doing every 5 hours or so to try something new, making people play things they don't like will not be a good idea.

Just because you don't mind some things, doesn't mean other people will.

Seriously...

if this feature was implemented, i guarantee a few people would quit, but in time more people would play and the game would get a LOT better

Better servers, make the game ALOT better, not roulette styled gameplay which is what you're proposing.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:42 AM
How does it make the rest irrelevant even if this isn't WoW? Here, allow me to remove that bit. There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. Go ahead, name me some pros.

graal is way different then WoW.

pros:
- inspired developers
- better game quality
- most servers being put to constant use

cons:
- a few elitist members would quit

This whole "YAY IM GOING TO RATE WHATEVER POST DISAGREES WITH ME AND BRAND THE POSTER A TROLL" is getting old. p.s it's not trolling

if i rated every post that disagreed with me, i would do a lot more ratings. i generally only rate single sentences, but sometimes entire posts, but those posts are usually short anyway.

Because your ideas are unbelievably terrible and yet you're the only person on this forum who can't see or accept that. You continue to argue with horrible logic, ignore any valid point thrown your way (with the ever so witty "lel 1/10 rating u troll lelel" stamp), and then keep going.

no, in my last thread someone agreed with my idea

added on to original post..

Seriously, you can't seriously expect players to drop everything they're doing every 5 hours or so to try something new, making people play things they don't like will not be a good idea.

it doesn't necesscarily have to be every 5 hours... if people know there's a deadline, they won't commit to activities that'll go above the deadline, anyway.

Better servers, make the game ALOT better, not roulette styled gameplay which is what you're proposing.

all of graal's servers are pretty bad right now... still fun/playable, but rigged with a lot of problems

kia345
07-14-2009, 07:43 AM

That's because your last thread was about you quitting

fowlplay4
07-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Your idea does not actually do any of the following:

- Inspires developers, ( In fact common developer consensus is that we hate your ideas )
- Improves game quality ( What..? )

Crono
07-14-2009, 07:47 AM
pros:
- inspired developers
- better game quality
- most servers being put to constant use

cons:
- a few elitist members would quit

Servers are not being put to "constant use" because they do not attract players. This can range from the server not being good enough to the server only wanting to cater for a certain type of audience. Forcing players onto a server they do not want to be on will make them GASP NOT WANT TO PLAY IT. More than just "a few elitist members would quit".

Developers would not become inspired by this, if anything as a developer I would be appalled at such a ridiculous system and not want to develop at all. The "quality" of a playercount would not be altered by this.

Wow, a whole person! Who was it by the way? I think the person was most likely kidding around.

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 07:53 AM
That's because your last thread was about you quitting

*rolls eyes*, about the GP thread

Your idea does not actually do any of the following:

- Inspires developers, ( In fact common developer consensus is that we hate your ideas )
- Improves game quality ( What..? )

all it is is the same 5-10 people disagreeing with me.. that hardly is the entire populace of graal

most people just hate my ideas because it's inconviencies them. wanna pay more for graal? no, "the game isn't worth paying for even though i play it all day anyway!"..wanna move content from dead/dying servers to servers actually alive? "no, even though this isn't a bad idea at all, i want this server to stay alive because i used to play it but don't anymore.. it's still my home! just.. i dont play it, like everyone else".. limit the power of GPs to prevent corruption? "no, there's a few people i dislike that i want the GPs to take care of even though they aren't breaking rules"

seriously, become more open-minded.. besides you're the MANAGER of a server, which is why you don't want people going off your server

Servers are not being put to "constant use" because they do not attract players. This can range from the server not being good enough to the server only wanting to cater for a certain type of audience. Forcing players onto a server they do not want to be on will make them GASP NOT WANT TO PLAY IT. More than just "a few elitist members would quit"

obviously the servers with lower populations attract players, just that some servers are more attractive then others. if you're going to keep those lower-population servers around, you might as well get people to play them more -_-

Developers would not become inspired by this, if anything as a developer I would be appalled at such a ridiculous system and not want to develop at all. The "quality" of a playercount would not be altered by this.

right.. if you say so

Wow, a whole person! Who was it by the way? I think the person was most likely kidding around.

no idea. darlene always deletes my threads and then never responds after she says i can forum PM her about it.. so i can't go back and check

Clockwork
07-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Removing players freedoms is not a very good idea. This is like me arguing that once you make a goodbye thread (hint) you are not ever allowed to come back again.

fowlplay4
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
My position on Zodiac does not influence my opinion, sure I don't want to lose players from my server but I don't want to house people who don't want to be on it either.

It should be the server and it's content that attracts the players, not forcing players to go there.

Also how does your idea work around the fact that players may be banned on the servers they will be rotated to, does it pertain only to Classic and Gold servers? What if they don't have gold or classic?

What if a player went out of his way to get banned on every server he didn't want to play on, so he didn't have to suffer through getting rotated?

Implementing this could be a support center nightmare.

Crono
07-14-2009, 08:18 AM
obviously the servers with lower populations attract players, just that some servers are more attractive then others. if you're going to keep those lower-population servers around, you might as well get people to play them more -_-

They attract the amount they do for a reason, you can't force people to play them because the truth of the matter is the ~73 players on UN right now want to play UN and not Era, Zodiac, Valikorlia, Delteria, or Npulse.

Mark Sir Link
07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
holy **** this guy can't possibly be serious

maximus_asinus
07-14-2009, 08:29 AM
In the beginning I thought Exhausted was serious, but I've begun to formulate this theory where he is actually an ex-graalian whos only purpose is to troll these forums until someone figures out his identity.

If by the off chance I am wrong, and he is actually serious then, I ask you... no I beg you; sign out, clear your cookies, and your browser's history, uninstall Graal, then wander outside and suffer some sort of blunt force trauma so you forget all about Graal.

Nelm
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm with Max. I thought we were done with this guy?

Tigairius
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
*rolls eyes*

*rolls eyes again*

*rolls eyes*

:rolleyes: They see me rollin', they hatin'. :rolleyes:

Exhausted
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Removing players freedoms is not a very good idea. This is like me arguing that once you make a goodbye thread (hint) you are not ever allowed to come back again.

5/10 rating, the trolling just keeps getting better in this thread.

My position on Zodiac does not influence my opinion, sure I don't want to lose players from my server but I don't want to house people who don't want to be on it either.

*rolls eyes* once again, i never said they had to be forced onto a specific server. locked out of UN? go to npulse for a bit, it's a classic server. locked out of Era? they have guns in UN CS, go there for a bit.

Also how does your idea work around the fact that players may be banned on the servers they will be rotated to, does it pertain only to Classic and Gold servers? What if they don't have gold or classic?

well if someone got banned that much anyway, they should just be globally banned

What if a player went out of his way to get banned on every server he didn't want to play on, so he didn't have to suffer through getting rotated?

well hopefully a global notices and just bans them

Implementing this could be a support center nightmare.

i think that the globals are very competent and could handle anything

They attract the amount they do for a reason, you can't force people to play them because the truth of the matter is the ~73 players on UN right now want to play UN and not Era, Zodiac, Valikorlia, Delteria, or Npulse.

large playercounts attract other players :) if noobs were sent off to other servers (like the dead/dying ones), they wouldn't automatically think UN is the best because of it's player count.

In the beginning I thought Exhausted was serious, but I've begun to formulate this theory where he is actually an ex-graalian whos only purpose is to troll these forums until someone figures out his identity.

i still play graal...

If by the off chance I am wrong, and he is actually serious then, I ask you... no I beg you; sign out, clear your cookies, and your browser's history, uninstall Graal, then wander outside and suffer some sort of blunt force trauma so you forget all about Graal.

3/10 rating, horrible trolling

offtopic/spam post. i would neg rep if i could.

pooper200000
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Here, I'll play your game. You say it is the same 5-10 people opposing you. I tend to stay out of things which means I haven't opposed you, and I admit I don't like this idea.

I'll participate in a "mature" discussion, but don't post things such as," I rate your trolling a 2.5 out of 10." If you post things such as that you are just proving you can't even participate in the mature discussion you so strongly advocate. If you want anyone to treat you maturely, you must act maturely, even if you won't always be treated the same way.

Please post the main positive ideas of this idea in bullet form. After posting the positive ideas, post any negatives sides (Also in bullet form) and explain why the positive ideas outweigh the negative ideas. The reason I ask you do this is because your current method of posting the points is convoluted and I have difficulty deciphering which points you most strongly advocate.

After that I'll post my reasoning on why your I believe this idea would not be good for Graal.

BlueMelon
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
this dude :"OmGZ! Theyrre given 1029k ep on UN FO FREE!!"

The other dude : sorry im like "Practicly banned" for 5 hours.

People would miss alot of some nice server activities to :(
And i dont like your thread
I rate it a 1.47/10

Soala
07-14-2009, 03:40 PM

I rate it a 1.47/10

I totally agree, it would suck for events hosted on some type of server.
Like you need to prepare yourself, you just played like 3hours on it and when the event starts...poof !

An exemple in reality:

Would you like to be american 5hours, then be obliged to live in china for some hours, to finaly become african for a day?

That would totally suck man, stop making some rules that you couldn't stand yourself !

Darlene159
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Exausted, please stop accusing people of trolling just because they disagree.
I do not agree with your idea at all. I do not think forcing people to play servers that they dont want to play will help Graal in any way.
Updates and advertisement is most important in my opinion.

I would be upset if I were in the middle of something on a server, and my time were up.
That would make me not want to play anymore.
I have servers that I like, and those are what I play.
If I see something advertised, I might check it out.

BlueMelon
07-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Exausted, after reading all these post of why we dont like your idea do you still feal the same way with your idea?

kia345
07-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I do not agree with your idea at all. I do not think forcing people to play servers that they dont want to play will help Graal in any way.
Updates and advertisement is most important in my opinion.

I would be upset if I were in the middle of something on a server, and my time were up.

Why didn't you ban him for that spam thread?

Cloven
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Create more ridiculous threads please. :asleep:

fowlplay4
07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
*rolls eyes* once again, i never said they had to be forced onto a specific server. locked out of UN? go to npulse for a bit, it's a classic server. locked out of Era? they have guns in UN CS, go there for a bit.

So now the idea has changed from getting the player to switch servers, to now locking them out so they can't go back for 5 hours? UN does not compare to the experience you may have found on Era, or N-Pulse.

Most likely if they can't play the server they want, when they want. They are just going to exit Graal and go do something else.

If people want to play the other servers, they should have to go their naturally whether it be an advertisement or a news update that convinces them to go visit and try it out.

Just because you enjoy classic style gameplay on one server doesn't mean you're going to like it on another. In fact in the case of classic styled server it's the community that makes the server and making people switch servers would scramble up the community, most likely for the worst in most cases.

As Darlene said above, what if you're doing something important on the current server and it decides HEY TIME TO LOCK YOU OUT. Now you're interrupted and most likely pissed. A good example of this is when you're playing a game and your controller gets unplugged and the game doesn't pause, end result you die in-game.

Also even a global posted a joke in your thread, your support for this idea is minimal to none. The cons of the idea heavily outweigh the pros, and I think we've spelled it out for you enough.

Crono
07-14-2009, 07:55 PM
large playercounts attract other players :) if noobs were sent off to other servers (like the dead/dying ones), they wouldn't automatically think UN is the best because of it's player count.

There's a reason why the top 3 servers have the playercounts they do, and it's not because "LOL THEY HAD HIGH PLAYERCOUNTS BEFORE".

Galdor
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
wow I'm quite amazed Exausted, my mind wouldn't even be able to come up with something like that :O

Felix_Xenophobe
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
o wow

Clockwork
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
5/10 rating, the trolling just keeps getting better in this thread.

How in the hell was that trolling? XD! I don't think you even know what trolling is, but if you're not serious, then congratulations on trolling all these people.

Elizabeth
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM

DAMNIT TIGAIRIUS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THAT except i was going to say "your eyes must be exhausted :("

I HAD IT ALL READY AND EVERYTHING

!pissed!!pissed!!pissed!

ontopic: ya this isn't that great of an idea but some of u guys r being jerks which is rly unneeded

Clockwork
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
DAMNIT TIGAIRIUS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THAT except i was going to say "your eyes must be exhausted :("

I HAD IT ALL READY AND EVERYTHING

!pissed!!pissed!!pissed!

o.o...he posted that quite awhile ago liz...are you sure? You sound exhausted, go get some sleep x3

Elizabeth
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
o.o...he posted that quite awhile ago liz...are you sure? You sound exhausted, go get some sleep x3
i haven't slept in two days :)

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Here, I'll play your game. You say it is the same 5-10 people opposing you. I tend to stay out of things which means I haven't opposed you, and I admit I don't like this idea.

I'll participate in a "mature" discussion, but don't post things such as," I rate your trolling a 2.5 out of 10." If you post things such as that you are just proving you can't even participate in the mature discussion you so strongly advocate. If you want anyone to treat you maturely, you must act maturely, even if you won't always be treated the same way.

i only rate people's trolling when they ARE trolling.

Please post the main positive ideas of this idea in bullet form. After posting the positive ideas, post any negatives sides (Also in bullet form) and explain why the positive ideas outweigh the negative ideas. The reason I ask you do this is because your current method of posting the points is convoluted and I have difficulty deciphering which points you most strongly advocate.

i already did this earlier in the thread, except with - to outline the individual points

I rate it a 1.47/10

you make a really good point. hopefully stefan can get around this by taking requests by server managers to temporarily keep the server unlocked during the day of the event.

i'm not randomly giving trolling ratings to everyone that disagrees. all i do is rate them whenever they mock me, or make sarcastic posts.

yes, i know but this idea would improve graal if people would get over themselves and just go with the flow. don't you want to see graal improve?

Exausted, after reading all these post of why we dont like your idea do you still feal the same way with your idea?

because no one has really told me why it's a bad idea. there are people that say they'd quit, they wouldn't like it, but losing a few players isn't that big of a deal compared to how great it'd be for the game

So now the idea has changed from getting the player to switch servers, to now locking them out so they can't go back for 5 hours? UN does not compare to the experience you may have found on Era, or N-Pulse.

n-pulse is pretty much UN, except smaller playercount, different items. both of them are only alive because of events (fighting over mass messages also keeps UN alive though)

Most likely if they can't play the server they want, when they want. They are just going to exit Graal and go do something else.

i think that you should make this a poll on zodiac:
If you were locked out of a server and forced to play any other one for a few hours before coming back, would you quit Graal?

Just because you enjoy classic style gameplay on one server doesn't mean you're going to like it on another. In fact in the case of classic styled server it's the community that makes the server and making people switch servers would scramble up the community, most likely for the worst in most cases.

i agree with the bolded, but it looks like most graalians have siwtched servers from time to time anyway.

As Darlene said above, what if you're doing something important on the current server and it decides HEY TIME TO LOCK YOU OUT. Now you're interrupted and most likely pissed. A good example of this is when you're playing a game and your controller gets unplugged and the game doesn't pause, end result you die in-game.

yes, i know this is a problem. i've said before there are more pros then cons to this idea. change won't happen over night.. but if stefan actually implemented this, you would slowly see graal getting better. developers would constantly be inspired to make new and better stuff because they'd keep getting an influx of new players

Also even a global posted a joke in your thread, your support for this idea is minimal to none. The cons of the idea heavily outweigh the pros, and I think we've spelled it out for you enough.

i didn't see the global disagreeing with me, though..

xnervNATx
07-15-2009, 12:42 AM
holy heck wall of text alert. sry but taking graal srsly isnt good for u exhausted

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
1/10 rating, laura.

anyway, @ fowlplay4
i forgot to mention that if people know they have a time limit (like how trials have a time limit showing for their gameplay before ob mode sets in) they won't do things that'll take more time then the amount of time they have left

like if i see i have 10 minutes left of zodiac, i'm not going to go to pyras to fight mumra, but if i had 5 hours left, then yeah i would

wow I'm quite amazed Exausted, my mind wouldn't even be able to come up with something like that :O

i forgot to respond to this. thanks for your support, i'm glad someone finally is open minded enough to agree. whenever i can rep someone again, i'll give you a positive one.

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 01:19 AM
like if i see i have 10 minutes left of zodiac, i'm not going to go to pyras to fight mumra, but if i had 5 hours left, then yeah i would.

It's bad enough that trials gameplay is already limited like this, but now this would affect everyone, not just non-paying players.

It would actually limit and ruin gameplay on the servers like observer mode already does.

In fact why don't you start a poll and see how many people like or dislike the idea.

Crono
07-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Notice how he tactically skipped my last post.

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 01:43 AM
It's bad enough that trials gameplay is already limited like this, but now this would affect everyone, not just non-paying players.

It would actually limit and ruin gameplay on the servers like observer mode already does.

In fact why don't you start a poll and see how many people like or dislike the idea.

it wouldn't ruin gameplay. you see, what my idea will do is improve servers. so you play a server for a few hours, and then you're locked out, and then you just go play another enjoyable server for a few hours, then you're locked out of that one, and you go back to the other server and it's just life as usual

you make my idea sound really bad even though it's n ot

Notice how he tactically skipped my last post.

it's because you think graal is WoW

Crow
07-15-2009, 02:05 AM
it wouldn't ruin gameplay. you see, what my idea will do is improve servers. so you play a server for a few hours, and then you're locked out, and then you just go play another enjoyable server for a few hours, then you're locked out of that one, and you go back to the other server and it's just life as usual

It will improve servers how exactly? By kicking out players in the midst of an event because his 5 hours are over? By Decreasing the player count every once in a while because the 5 hours of some other players were over as well?
For some people, there are no "other enjoyable servers". You can't send Era players to UN saying they got some CS clone or whatever. You can't send them to Zone because that's just completely different anyway. Life is not "as usual" when you are forced to go somewhere else every 5 hours.

you make my idea sound really bad even though it's not

I suggest you let the others decide whether your idea is bad or not. Others as in all the other forum members and possibly also Graal Online management members around here.
I don't care if you "studied" psychology or whatever and think you can predict the mass of players. Obviously you can't, and you don't seem to be aware that your idea as it is now would be a pretty stupid "gameplay" addition interfering with lots of things.

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 02:07 AM

Your idea assumes that every server they play will be enjoyable, and that simply isn't the case with Graal.

It definitely does not improve servers either.

Now I still think you need to make this into a poll so the numbers can effectively show how well the idea is liked or disliked. Considering our posts aren't getting through to you.

Here I even asked players of Zodiac over shout channel (unfiltered).

Graal_Z: Welcome to Zodiac's Shout Channel fowlplay4_3!
fowlplay4_3: Alright, how many of you would like if you were required to play a different server every 5 hours or so?
Graal_Z: skaterkid (60 Freelance): that means i can only play zod 5 hours at a time? :(
fowlplay4_3: From what I've heard, yes. In fact you might have to play another server for 5 hours.
Graal_Z: Delteria_GhostMarine (60 Bladeweaver): fck that
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): wat
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): huh?
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): That's dumb
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): whats dumb?...
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): 5 Hours go to another server thing.
Graal_Z: xXxJeBusxXx (60 Thief): looking for a druid and a thief for abraxis
Graal_Z: skaterkid (60 Freelance): Paying very well for bm of aero/proph
fowlplay4_3: Alright once again, how many of you would like if you were required to play a different server every 5 hours or so?
Graal_Z: skaterkid (60 Freelance): NOT ME
Graal_Z: jayrock205 (50 Druid): not me!
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): Why would that happen?
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): I dont generally stay on zod for 5 hours anyway... idk
fowlplay4_3: It wouldn't I just need some player responses
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): I wouldn't like it, but i'd just go to era.
Graal_Z: jayrock205 (50 Druid): no.
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): Is it even possible to stay on here for 5 hours?
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): I'd go insane.
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): ^ no
Graal_Z: DarkGustave (60 All Star): I COULD DO IT!
fowlplay4_3: Regardless the time could be lower, 5 is just an example.
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): Unless idling is included, then yes!
Graal_Z: DarkGustave (60 All Star): i'd just have to be reallllyyy bored.
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): i mean then no
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): wtf

None of those statements are positive towards the idea.

Darlene159
07-15-2009, 02:19 AM
This is what I think.
If I am going to pay to play/develop, I do not want to be kicked off servers I decide to play/develop.
It's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 02:45 AM
It will improve servers how exactly? By kicking out players in the midst of an event because his 5 hours are over? By Decreasing the player count every once in a while because the 5 hours of some other players were over as well?
For some people, there are no "other enjoyable servers". You can't send Era players to UN saying they got some CS clone or whatever. You can't send them to Zone because that's just completely different anyway. Life is not "as usual" when you are forced to go somewhere else every 5 hours.

a pretty irrelevant post. i already told you how it'll improve servers. when i said "life as usual", i mean whenever they are able to return to the server they want to play the most.

I suggest you let the others decide whether your idea is bad or not. Others as in all the other forum members and possibly also Graal Online management members around here.
I don't care if you "studied" psychology or whatever and think you can predict the mass of players. Obviously you can't, and you don't seem to be aware that your idea as it is now would be a pretty stupid "gameplay" addition interfering with lots of things.

my idea is pretty good, no one has proved to me that it's a bad idea. there have been good points raised but like i said earlier.. for every idea, some people like it, others don't. in this case, more people would benefit in the long-run then not. as for the bolded part, see below.

Your idea assumes that every server they play will be enjoyable, and that simply isn't the case with Graal.

It definitely does not improve servers either.

Now I still think you need to make this into a poll so the numbers can effectively show how well the idea is liked or disliked. Considering our posts aren't getting through to you.

Here I even asked players of Zodiac over shout channel (unfiltered).

Obedience (60 Thief): I wouldn't like it, but i'd just go to era.
^ this is EXACTLY what i'm talking about. he would accept it and go to another server, and that server, with a nice variation of servers would be inspired to develop more efficiently. thanks for that, fowlplay.

as for making a poll, how do i make a poll in a thread already created? i don't want to make a thread just for a poll about this and have two threads going on about the same thing

This is what I think.
If I am going to pay to play/develop, I do not want to be kicked off servers I decide to play/develop.
It's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

well like i said earlier, this system would do more good then harm. sure, it would annoy/anger some players, but there are a LOT of benefits. maybe this idea could just be put in for a couple months, and then when the servers finally increase in quality exponentially, stefan could let you play a server as much as you want

see guys, you don't have to insult me and put a negative spin on my threads to have a civilized discussion

Hiro
07-15-2009, 03:04 AM
i want to write a post that can tell exhausted, in a way that he understand and respects completely, that his ideas are completely useless in helping graal in any way; that no one has ever supported any of his ideas and probably his further ideas since they are so unconventional and outlandish, and that they will never, ever be implemented into graal. i'd also want to write the post in such a way that it is not degrading way towards exhausted personally, nor post in a way that conveys that he should stop posting - only that he should really think through on these ideas before posting them, looking very closely at the negative affects his ideas would create and the trouble it would be in implementing them, that he should learn how to take constructive criticism instead of assuming everyone is out to make fun of his ideas, branding them a "troll" instead of realizing that people are just posting, and that if he would admit his mistakes and admit that his idea really won't help graal at all, that the rest of the forums would be a lot more accepting and gentle in the way that they disagree with any of his further ideas

however, i don't have the time nor the patience to type such a post out, and i highly doubt exhausted cares anyways. well on the way to a double red-rep (if that's even possible)

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I figure the only way to make a poll would to create the new thread with the poll and have Darlene merge the two threads together for you.

But back to the topic..

There are NO solid benefits, only short-term for maybe a day of playing then the player will quit because he's sick of not having any freedoms of which server he can play only that he has to make a choice for 5 hours, then suffer another 5 on a server that he may or may not enjoy.

There is no sense implementing this idea, because there's already people who change servers when they want to play something else.

Like I said before, it should be the Management of the servers that make the effort to advertise, provide updates and get their server out there. Not by some sort of lockout system.

Soala
07-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Someone close this thread, looks like everyone is gonna reply forever x_X

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 06:49 AM
...that no one has ever supported any of his ideas...

......only that he should really think through on these ideas before posting them, looking very closely at the negative affects his ideas would create and the trouble it would be in implementing them.....

....that he should learn how to take constructive criticism instead of assuming everyone is out to make fun of his ideas...

people have supported my ideas, even someone earlier in this thread. i do think about my ideas before posting them.. why do you think diferently?

i don't randomly label people a troll when they disagree with me. i've said this like 10 times. sometimes i get flamed/mocked - that's trolling.

Like I said before, it should be the Management of the servers that make the effort to advertise, provide updates and get their server out there.

i completely agree with you there. hmm how about

you have 5 hours of play time on your favorite server and then you have to play for 2-3 hours on other servers... or 8 hours on your favorite, and 4-5 hours on another before you can go back to your favorite, and then managers can advertise so people will want to spend most of their time on that server and keep coming back after they're locked out and then let back in..

Someone close this thread, looks like everyone is gonna reply forever x_X

if this thread gets out of hand, darlene will close it

Darlene159
07-15-2009, 07:04 AM
people have supported my ideas, even someone earlier in this thread.Where? Only one person said he wouldn't have thought of it himself, not that he supported your idea.
To be honest, no one has supported it.

papajchris
07-15-2009, 07:08 AM
i try not to be rude to people, but Exhausted, you are not the brightest crayon in the box. How does making players go to another server solve anything? Like many said above, i'd just log off graal and go take a nap or watch a movie. Could you imagine if say xbox made you switch games every 5 hours? It sounds so stupid that I can't even think of a word to describe you idea. Maybe "super stupid?" You lost alot of credibility if you even had any in my eyes!

fowlplay4
07-15-2009, 07:15 AM
I still don't believe a player should have to decide how long they want to play on one server, and have to be kicked or feel like they're doing a laborious chore by going on another server for a few hours vs playing the server they wanted to.

The only thing that could be taken from this idea is getting people to explore the different servers of Graal, but instead of by force provide some sort of bonus or prize to spending time on many different servers which would maybe give them some incentive to try something new.

Even then that is something that the management of each server should think about, creating updates that would attract new players.

I.e: If you haven't played <Servername>, why not come and try it now! We are giving away <Small Fun Prize> to everyone that logs on!

It's not something you can really do weekly but it doesn't hurt to try and do it every month.

Cloven
07-15-2009, 07:51 AM
The only thing that could be taken from this idea is getting people to explore the different servers of Graal, but instead of by force provide some sort of bonus or prize to spending time on many different servers which would maybe give them some incentive to try something new.

This would be doable if the servers would cooperate more. The quality of the game would be raised as a whole and ideally would attract new players (and subsequently new developers).

That said, it really makes me wonder sometimes...

Skyld
07-15-2009, 12:36 PM
How simply can I put this?

It won't happen.

When you pay for a game, you play the servers you want to play on. Playercount does not need "spreading" because it already works that the good servers get the most players.

If a server doesn't have any players, it means that they should improve that server to attract more players.

It's as simple as that. Sorry.

Won't happen.

Liberated
07-15-2009, 01:04 PM

Most of graals population is posting in your thread, and dissagreeing with it.

Vima
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
and what would happend to the UC servers?
Would I be forced to play on Graal Ghetto for 5 hours to be able to develop on AEON. Haha, doesn't make any sence.

I don't know if you are kidding or what, but I have to agree with Crono.

OH MY GOD LOL.caps

Soala
07-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Exhausted, just stop posting and trying to defend yourself.
You have ideas and all, but as you can see we all disagree with this one, so just stop trying to justify yourself, this will never happen anyway

cyan3
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Exhausted, just stop posting and trying to defend yourself.
You have ideas and all, but as you can see we all disagree with this one, so just stop trying to justify yourself, this will never happen anyway

Do you honestly believe he thinks the idea is good? No he doesn't, the whole point of this thread and the other threads he has made is to annoy the people posting in the threads.

Liberated
07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Do you honestly believe he thinks the idea is good? No he doesn't, the whole point of this thread and the other threads he has made is to annoy the people posting in the threads.

I really hope thats the case, because otherwise i really must start having doubts about his sanity.

furthermore,
exhausted, you keep saying that there are more good sides then bad sides to this idea, yet everyone has dissagreed with it, and given reasons for it. Yes you keep saying that is has more good sides, but i have not seen you name them yet.

BlueMelon
07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
How simply can I put this?

It won't happen.

When you pay for a game, you play the servers you want to play on. Playercount does not need "spreading" because it already works that the good servers get the most players.

If a server doesn't have any players, it means that they should improve that server to attract more players.

It's as simple as that. Sorry.

Won't happen.

He has Spoken.

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
OH MY GOD LOL.caps

Agreed.

DuBsTeRmAn
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Didn't this guy said ''I quit'' a few days ago..?
I don't want him to be like me, always saying I QUIT but coming back ;o

kia345
07-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Revoke his right to make threads

Rufus
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Guys I really hope the jokes on us and he's been making these threads to bait us all the whole time.

It's working.

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 07:51 PM
this argument is about to start going in circles... i think that we pretty much got everything out in the open and that we just have to agree to disagree on this one

Revoke his right to make threads

weren't you the guy that said if someone's reputation drops to a certain extent, they get instant banned? and you think my ideas are bad?

Soala
07-15-2009, 07:53 PM
this argument is about to start going in circles... i think that we pretty much got everything out in the open and that we just have to agree to disagree on this one

weren't you the guy that said if someone's reputation drops to a certain extent, they get instant banned? and you think my ideas are bad?

And you think your reputation worth it?

kia345
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM

Last I checked, everyone liked that idea (receive enough consecutive negative rep on a single post resulting in forum banning, which makes sense given reputation was meant to gauge posting abilities), and I only made one post, as opposed to your constant defense of your horrible ideas.

Liberated
07-15-2009, 08:32 PM

Actually that doesn't sound too bad, trollers and people that flame alot would get removed from the community.

Stephen
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Last I checked, everyone liked that idea (receive enough consecutive negative rep on a single post resulting in forum banning, which makes sense given reputation was meant to gauge posting abilities), and I only made one post, as opposed to your constant defense of your horrible ideas.
That was my idea. :frown:

Exhausted, you're looking at Graal as a utility not as a product; if players upgrade their gold status it's likely because they enjoy playing a server. If you revoke access to that server (or servers, whichever initially interested the player) they're far less likely to upgrade again. This is said from actual industry experience in marketing.

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Actually that doesn't sound too bad, trollers and people that flame alot would get removed from the community.

no, a system very similar to this already failed on another forum

Crono
07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
no, a system very similar to this already failed on another forum

Would work fine here. :D

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
nope :D you're letting your hate for me go too far. wishing people were banned for posting their ideas.. it's not like i was sitting here preaching hate speech or anything, lol

Hiro
07-15-2009, 08:52 PM
nope :D you're letting your hate for me go too far. wishing people were banned for posting their ideas.. it's not like i was sitting here preaching hate speech or anything, lolwe don't wish you banned for posting ideas

we wish you banned because you suck at posting

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
*rolls eyes* whenever i become a successful game developer with a company more famous then Blizzard, i'm not letting any of you play my game(s).

Crono
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
*rolls eyes* whenever i become a successful game developer with a company more famous then Blizzard, i'm not letting any of you play my game(s).

We don't have anything to be worried about, trust me. ^^

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
why would i trust you? :)

DustyPorViva
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
He has Pluffy's endorsement.

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
so? he thinks graal is comparable to WoW.. that's just wrong in so many ways

maximus_asinus
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I suggest everyone just put Exhausted on your ignore list as I am about to do. He will never contribute anything to this forum other than pointless trolling and terrible ideas.

Soala
07-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Could you tell me who on earth ever compared Graal to WoW ?

I suggest everyone just put Exhausted on your ignore list as I am about to do. He will never contribute anything to this forum other than pointless trolling and terrible ideas.

Wow, that idea is better than all Exhausted's ideas.

Stephen
07-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I suggest everyone just put Exhausted on your ignore list as I am about to do.
Elaborate, my kind sir.

e: Following link will add Ehausted to your ignore list. LINK (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=5854)
nope :D you're letting your hate for me go too far. wishing people were banned for posting their ideas.. it's not like i was sitting here preaching hate speech or anything, lol
That's clearly not the system being proposed; we want any user who garners X amount of negative rep within a time period (or more simply, if their rep drops below a threshold) they're automatically banned for a period. Otherwise, we would more simply suggest you're banned - what we're suggesting here prevents behaviour such as yours from occurring again in other users.

DustyPorViva
07-15-2009, 09:07 PM
You underestimate Pluffy's connections.

Soala
07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Totally, Pluffy is even more famous than pikachu :pluffy:

Crono
07-15-2009, 09:11 PM

LOL I was comparing your logic to another game, it was a completely valid comparison and to be extremely anal and technical you can compare WoW and Graal in some aspects. READ AGAIN some aspects.

Really exhausted, pretty bad trolling 2.45/10.

Agreed, goodbye colawings.

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL I was comparing your logic to another game, it was a completely valid comparison and to be extremely anal and technical you can compare WoW and Graal in some aspects. READ AGAIN some aspects.

Really exhausted, pretty bad trolling 2.45/10

i think your trolling rating woul be pretty accurate.. seeing as how much you troll yourself, you'd definately know

you guys think i'm losing something by putting me on ignore.. it's mostly just the pissed off trolls i beat in an argument that want to put me on ignore anyway, so now my future threads will be better since the trolls will have filtered themselves out.

Soala
07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
i think your trolling rating woul be pretty accurate.. seeing as how much you troll yourself, you'd definately know

you guys think i'm losing something by putting me on ignore.. it's mostly just the pissed off trolls i beat in an argument that want to put me on ignore anyway, so now my future threads will be better since the trolls will have filtered themselves out.

I'm not worried about this, because there won't be a single troll reading your thread by then.

Stephen
07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Agreed, goodbye colawings.
This is the first time I've used the ignore feature - and I've been browsing these forums since 2002. x_x

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
"This message is hidden because Exhausted is on your ignore list."
Music to my ears.

kia345
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
You are the pissed off troll; ignore'd

Crono
07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
This is the first time I've used the ignore feature - and I've been browsing these forums since 2002. x_x

Same here, on any forum.

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 09:27 PM

To be honest, Same thing with me. Except, Ive been A'Browsin' since 2007

kia345
07-15-2009, 09:30 PM
That was my idea. :frown:

Don't know the post in question, but I thought I said it

At least, I know I said it to Chris in AIM :(

Stephen
07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Don't know the post in question, but I thought I said it
I'm afraid the thread was (inexplicably) deleted, instead of simply closed. I sort of wish the moderation kept a standard protocol instead of doing things willy-nilly. >_<

DustyPorViva
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
For those who need help: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Liberated
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Weren't you the one who thought we should raise the price of graal to like 15$ or something per month? Thats more than WoW, to me it sounds you think graal is comparable to WoW.

You keep calling everyone trollers, but you keep posting these ideas, of which(i really hope) you do realize nobody will agree with, yet you keep posting them and know there will be this massive debates.

furthermore have you still not given any good reasons why this would be a good idea, or posted counter arguments against the arguments that are against your idea. And still you keep saying that this is a good idea, well, try to convince us, go ahead, if you succeed in convincing us then it will be achieved.

If you can even give one reasonable argument why it would work, you would already have done more then you have so far done in this 8 page long thread, and don't go saying, it will spread out the playercount, again.

Elizabeth
07-15-2009, 09:43 PM
owned

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
The most ironic thing about this thread is that all of the people calling me an idiot/***** and granting me other insults towards my intelligence were the ones being baited in to about twenty pages worth of arguments (from all my threads combined) even though I admitted I was joking about my original ****ty idea in my first joke thread.
"*rolls eyes"*

Liberated
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Because of some unknown reason i was unable to finish my last post.

I would just like to add that im not trying to flame you or anything in my last post, im just stating the facts as i see them, and i really would love to hear some arguments, because im sure you have some if you're so convinced your idea is good.

edit: didn't see post when i was typing this.

so if im correct you're saying that this idea you posted in this thread was just a joke?

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Yes I am.

Liberated
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Then you really are an effin troll and deserve to be ignored, goodbye.

Elizabeth
07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes I am.

Is that honestly how you make up for people ignoring you and disagreeing with your idea?

"ya it was just a joke u guise r the iditos 4 beleving me"

Exhausted
07-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Too bad I can't say what I want over the forums.

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I definately think it should be a rule to get banned if you have an extremely bad reputation.

Mark Sir Link
07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/f1/Trollface_HD.jpg

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/f1/Trollface_HD.jpg

It matches your Title.

Galdor
07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
You guys = Citizens of Quahog
Exhausted = Mayor Adam West
Me = Viewer with popcorn

Darlene159
07-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Yes I am.Seriously? Seriously....Do this again, and no more posting for you. I actually felt sorry for you, and you were joking? GRRRRR.

Closed.