PDA

View Full Version : Lockers.

Nataxo
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
We need more, or solutions.

Currently like 95percent of the lockers have owners, and that other 5percent are lockers being sold for 10k.... (way tooo expensive.)

So, I'm suggesting another Locker building in Southridge or anywhere...

Also, make a script that only alouds 1 player to buy 1 locker per building at least, and only allow people with Graal Accounts to use them (I've seen a few pc:####s)

Another suggestion is that make a pre-pay limit, like you can only pay 5 months locker time as max, so players that get banned or just quit their lockers get sold in a few months

Scary_Sock
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Agreed. I hate it when a player buys out ALOT of lockers, then think they can control the price somehow. Its unfair, and it should be the same way with houses with the time limit rule. You get banned/jailed for a month, the house/locker will go on sale.

DarkCloud_PK
07-13-2009, 10:34 PM
As a new player to this server since Classic has tanked I support this.
All the lockers besides a couple are all used, and there is no affordable way for me to store my items.
Right now I am hesitant to mine too much or buy a different gun because I am near my limits of storage on my player, I have no way to manage my inventory. :(

cbk1994
07-13-2009, 11:26 PM
I agree, it's definitely a problem, though we've got some ideas for the future.

For now, I'll see about adding a cap on the time you can put on lockers and limiting players to one locker.

Pelikano
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
No it is not a problem, it makes houses/hotel rooms actually useful

Frankie
07-13-2009, 11:41 PM
I suggested this a long time ago.

lockers and locker buildings should be deleted. instead, each player should be able to access a safety deposit box at the bank. it will still cost just as much money as a locker along with having to buy more time for it. when the time runs out, instead of it being like a locker where anyone can buy your locker and take your items, the deposit box will go inactive and you won't be able to access your items until you pay up.

would be a much better system in my opinion.

salesman
07-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Last I checked you could only buy one locker, but there was no limit on how much time you could purchase

DuBsTeRmAn
07-13-2009, 11:53 PM
I still have my locker, Has like a year of time left.. But i don't use it because it is on SR XD

Crono
07-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Cheap apartments to expensive housing should be used instead of "lockers" lol, come on people it's 2009 already. I'd expect some kind of housing system to have been worked on by now.

cbk1994
07-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Last I checked you could only buy one locker, but there was no limit on how much time you could purchase

It's supposed to be like that, but when I checked why it wasn't working, it's been commented out in the script.

My guess is it's thinking people still have lockers when they don't, and now that everyone owns multiple lockers, I'm not sure what the best way to limit it would be; it might not be possible with the current system without using some messy code.

Frankie
07-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Cheap apartments to expensive housing should be used instead of "lockers" lol, come on people it's 2009 already. I'd expect some kind of housing system to have been worked on by now.
there are hundreds of lockers and people are still complaining that they can't get one. how would a housing system help this? era doesn't have room for that many houses, lol.

Crono
07-14-2009, 02:35 AM
there are hundreds of lockers and people are still complaining that they can't get one. how would a housing system help this? era doesn't have room for that many houses, lol.

They're called apartments, you could easily fit ~20 apartment rooms in a single building and still make it look attractive + like a real apartment building. Better yet start having apartment complexes and whatnot.

Spikedude
07-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Have like a communal locker in unstick me, like the Stash for everyone who played Diablo II. Then, you can make it so you have to buy access to it every month if you want.

Vman13x
07-14-2009, 04:29 AM
I suggested this a long time ago.

lockers and locker buildings should be deleted. instead, each player should be able to access a safety deposit box at the bank. it will still cost just as much money as a locker along with having to buy more time for it. when the time runs out, instead of it being like a locker where anyone can buy your locker and take your items, the deposit box will go inactive and you won't be able to access your items until you pay up.

would be a much better system in my opinion.

I really like this idea.

To amsel: I played diablo 2 but then got bored and quit lol.

Why not bring back redfox?

Another question is why do staff get to have houses where their friends have access to the rooms for free while others have to buy and pay for their stuff.....

Nataxo
07-14-2009, 04:56 AM

There are two apartment buildings that are currently closed on Era :o

cbk1994
07-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Another question is why do staff get to have houses where their friends have access to the rooms for free while others have to buy and pay for their stuff.....

Because staff work constantly to improve the game and receive virtually nothing for their hard work. Do you really think it's a problem for staff to create houses for themselves/friends? Nothing is stopping you from getting money and buying a house. Consider the work staff do the payment for any benefits they get on the server.

BlueMelon
07-14-2009, 03:56 PM
You Virtually get a house :o
Virtually.

Spikedude
07-14-2009, 04:53 PM
And once you leave it gets deleted :[

Goodbye, grass mansion.

Frankie9011
07-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Chris, realize that working for Era is a volunteer job. Despite your contributions to the server, you personally do not have the right to give yourself or your friends a house without requiring payment equal to what a regular player would have to pay for. It's common sense; just because you're staff on a playerworld doesn't mean you automatically get privileges other normal players can't equally obtain.
Can a normal player create his own storage area (house), without requiring payment, and grant access for himself and his friends to use it? No. Meaning, you can't either.

cbk1994
07-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Chris, realize that working for Era is a volunteer job. Despite your contributions to the server, you personally do not have the right to give yourself or your friends a house without requiring payment equal to what a regular player would have to pay for.
I would think payment in the form of work is a lot more beneficial to the whole of Era than payment in cash.

Frankie9011
07-15-2009, 07:57 AM
I would think payment in the form of work is a lot more beneficial to the whole of Era than payment in cash.

Sure, but working for the server is not "payment" for a house. You work for Era to improve the server, not give yourself benefits on the server. Giving yourself something on Era with the mindset of "I'm staff, I deserve benefits" is nearly equal to.. dare I say, corruption.

MontyPython
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Because staff work constantly to improve the game and receive virtually nothing for their hard work. Do you really think it's a problem for staff to create houses for themselves/friends? Nothing is stopping you from getting money and buying a house. Consider the work staff do the payment for any benefits they get on the server.

A small house for a staff member?

Perhaps. As long as that house is bound to the same rules and regulation that applies to any normal player house. But really, I think any sort of in-game item reward for staff work is a bad idea in general. Pretty soon you'll get "Hey I helped this kid find his missing gun, I need a Luger, Desert Raven, and two shipkas. Thanks" Satisfaction gained from improving the server and seeing your work in a public place should suffice, yeah? Otherwise, perhaps one's motives ought to be brought into question.

For friends? Absolutely not. They're not working for the server. Cliques shouldn't be rewarded. Friends need to earn their things the same way any other normal player does.

Pelikano
07-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Wait a second....?! Staff members get free houses, which they even share with their friends?

That's food for a ticket to Bell.

LordSquirt
07-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Wait a second....?! Staff members get free houses, which they even share with their friends?

That's food for a ticket to Bell.

You're making it sound like all staff have a free house which is totally untrue. I don't think anyone in my divisions of GP, FAQ, ET, Guns Admin, and Gang Admin (when daz was in charge) had a 'free house' which they let their friends in. I also myself don't have a free house and actually paid for my sewer house, so you're taking it out of regard.

cbk1994
07-15-2009, 04:10 PM

A free house? Hardly.

My friends do not actively use my house, it is used by me mostly for testing/storing staff items. When I finally resign from this damn server, I'll lose my house.

BlueMelon
07-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Who cares if staff get a house..
They could also upload a supper secret level to store there items..
What does it bother you?
If they sell the house and get money from it, thats a different story.

imo, I dont care, it does not bother my gameplay.

Nataxo
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
The theme was lockers, guys :[

BlueMelon
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
The theme was lockers, guys :[

lockerz are kewl.

Spikedude
07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't yell at staff for putting up houses to play around in. You're just making yourself sound stupid. "You spend every day of your life listening to me complain about things that don't even matter, constantly work on improving a game for me which you don't even get paid for, and are completely irreplaceable on our staff team, but come on, you built a HOUSE that you need to WARP to?! Corruption."

MontyPython
07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't yell at staff for putting up houses to play around in. You're just making yourself sound stupid. "You spend every day of your life listening to me complain about things that don't even matter, constantly work on improving a game for me which you don't even get paid for, and are completely irreplaceable on our staff team, but come on, you built a HOUSE that you need to WARP to?! Corruption."

Bold'd is an overstatement of pretty much everyone that's ever worked on Era.

Here's the deal, Amsel.

This is a volunteer job. You're not promised anything in return for your work. These houses that staff have conjured up in the past have always included benefits for their friends. Always.

It's one thing if a staff member has a remote house he's made for himself that only he can get to. It's quite another thing when they allow a select group of friends to also get the benefits.

On how many other professional online games do you see staff members or GMs giving out special benefits to their friends? They don't. (Of course, they do get a paycheck. But once again, this is volunteer work. If you can't handle not getting some sort of tangible reward for your work, leave.) It tampers with the gameplay experience of everyone on the game. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but it's this nonchalant "who the hell cares, they're doing work for us, right?" that's gotten Graal to where it is today.

cbk1994
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
(Of course, they do get a paycheck. But once again, this is volunteer work. If you can't handle not getting some sort of tangible reward for your work, leave.) It tampers with the gameplay experience of everyone on the game.

You really think my house is tampering with the gameplay of everyone on this server? Personally, I didn't think it was a problem at all, especially since 75 percent of the server doesn't even know I have a house.

There really are no benefits for my friends, unless they want to idle in some quiet level. My brother stores his items at Ammo Mart, Zoo does not use his room, and Jacob does not even play anymore from what I understand.

Spawning items, selling staff items, siding with friends in situations such as scams, and other similar activities can affect the gameplay, but you may notice, unlike former staff teams, we have very little corruption, and none of this happens.

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
You really think my house is tampering with the gameplay of everyone on this server? Personally, I didn't think it was a problem at all, especially since 75 percent of the server doesn't even know I have a house.

There really are no benefits for my friends, unless they want to idle in some quiet level. My brother stores his items at Ammo Mart, Zoo does not use his room, and Jacob does not even play anymore from what I understand.

Spawning items, selling staff items, siding with friends in situations such as scams, and other similar activities can affect the gameplay, but you may notice, unlike former staff teams, we have very little corruption, and none of this happens.

I always wanted to go in your Garage House. Even if that question caused me to worry about "Nothing" that day....

cbk1994
07-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I always wanted to go in your Garage House. Even if that question caused me to worry about "Nothing" that day....

I take back what I said about the quiet levels, all my house levels loop Billie Jean. I think it scares off everyone.

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
I take back what I said about the quiet levels, all my house levels loop Billie Jean. I think it scares off everyone.

Meh, whats weird is, I literally was just humming the beat before I read this post.

MontyPython
07-15-2009, 10:33 PM

That last post was more direct towards Amsel and his defense of staff houses in general, not just yours. The ones I've encountered in the past have always been filled with special scripts, massive storages, grab hats, the works. All for their friends. Hell, I remember someone telling me they had an NPC (not item) spawner in their room in Amsel's house.

However, that being said...

/garage.

Scary_Sock
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Dude, Amsel's house was a Grass Mansion wasen't it? Yeah, I remember when I was in there. I also remember War Head's house filled with grab hats and these other things. He went AFK, and there was a hallway with tables on the side filled with staff items. There was a Sythe right there, waiting for me to take it. But I didn't. This was a very long time ago.

/garage

DarkCloud_PK
07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Keep in mind that developers and staff in general only get compensated for their work on a server by getting bragging rights on being staff and having rc/rights etc, and for devs, the satisfaction of people using and enjoying your content.

Considering the declining value and excitement of having those bragging rights(after being staff on classic for some god awful amount of years, i can tell you personally, bragging about being staff is worthless at that point) and the declining players to enjoy your content since 2001-2002. I wouldn't complain if a dedicated developer who has contributed alot would get a free house or even currency for their work.

While you were taking the time earning money etc from jobs, those developers were taking their time developing those jobs you do and the content you pay for with the currency you earn instead.

MontyPython
07-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Keep in mind that developers and staff in general only get compensated for their work on a server by getting bragging rights on being staff and having rc/rights etc, and for devs, the satisfaction of people using and enjoying your content.

Considering the declining value and excitement of having those bragging rights(after being staff on classic for some god awful amount of years, i can tell you personally, bragging about being staff is worthless at that point) and the declining players to enjoy your content since 2001-2002.

It's quite simple: It's time for you to move on, then.

Yes, I realize there's a high burnout level for any kind of volunteer work. But if you're dev'ing for the right reasons, you'll always have a drive to dev. There's always something to improve, something new to create. Let's face it, Graal probably just isn't doing it for you anymore. Go to a different project, but don't try to get bribes from servers so you'll still do good work.
If you're joining for free items and bragging rights, you're not joining for the right reasons at all. How about instead you just quit, and go get your in-game items legitimately like all the other players? If you're sitting there actually envying the players doing simple jobs like fishing, flower picking, etc. to get useless virtual cash in a game, then perhaps mindless grinding is more your style of work, rather than a creative field.

salesman
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
The claims in this thread are very exaggerated. There's only one or two staff members who have a house that they created themselves, and even then, it's more of a test-level than a "house". However, I will have them remove their friends' access.

If you have a complaint about a staff member, send me a forum PM or contact me in-game and it will be dealt with. My staff should be spending their time worrying about improving YOUR gameplay experience instead of constantly defending themselves from unsubstantiated complaints.

Again, if you would like to report abuse, corruption, or any other staff-related problems, send me a forum PM or contact me in-game.

Closed because this thread has gone way off-topic.