PDA

View Full Version : Race Approval

BigBear3
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Not too long ago me and PoJo skipped over to Valikorlia as two Zorbies. The community spent the entire time just trying to tell us why Zorbies aren't real creatures, but something like a Vampire, or a 'water nymph' is. I'd like to know what a race needs to have in order to be acceptable to the Valikorlian public.

Crono
07-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Just say it's half vampire half zorbi and they'll **** bricks.

BigBear3
07-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Honestly. Someone go search 'confused with love graal' on Youtube. Me and Rogpog RP'd on Valikorlia and made a video. He was a cat. But that's an okay race.

CABAL49
07-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Zorbi's should be a universal Graal race. I am not sure, but I think if you go to the Val site you can petition to have them added.

BigBear3
07-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Zorbi's should be a universal Graal race. I am not sure, but I think if you go to the Val site you can petition to have them added.

Petition, sweet.
We explained to them that removing Zorbies was removing a piece of Graal itself from Valikorlia, but they consider themselves separate. They just wanna stay under their rock.

Crono
07-13-2009, 10:07 PM
We explained to them that removing Zorbies was removing a piece of Graal itself from Valikorlia, but they consider themselves separate. They just wanna stay under their rock.

They don't care about "removing a piece of Graal" and I wouldn't either if it was on Valikorlia.

BigBear3
07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
They don't care about "removing a piece of Graal" and I wouldn't either if it was on Valikorlia.

That's my point exactly.

Crono
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
That's my point exactly.

Nothing wrong with it.

kia345
07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
An autonomous robot and an anthropomorphic cat told me my swim bladder concept, which exists in real world fish, would not allow oceanic creatures to exist on land. Meanwhile "hey man you can be a giant frog, but you'd have to 'get in the water every few minutes' to stay alive".

CABAL49
07-13-2009, 10:40 PM
An autonomous robot and an anthropomorphic cat told me my swim bladder concept, which exists in real world fish, would not allow oceanic creatures to exist on land. Meanwhile "hey man you can be a giant frog, but you'd have to 'get in the water every few minutes' to stay alive".

I don't understand how that would prevent fish from existing on land.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
To get a race approved, you must write an approval request. An example page is provided on the official Valikorlia wiki (which I hope I'm allowed to link to; I monitor the wiki pretty regularly, so nothing inappropriate should be found): http://www.valikorlia.com/wiki/Race_Example_Page

This is a category of all the approved races on Valikorlia, though most of them aren't played. Bear in mind that express approval by Roleplaying Administrators may be required to roleplay a certain race: http://www.valikorlia.com/wiki/Category:Races

BigBear3
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
To get a race approved, you must write an approval request. An example page is provided on the official Valikorlia wiki (which I hope I'm allowed to link to; I monitor the wiki pretty regularly, so nothing inappropriate should be found): http://www.valikorlia.com/wiki/Race_Example_Page

This is a category of all the approved races on Valikorlia, though most of them aren't played. Bear in mind that express approval by Roleplaying Administrators may be required to roleplay a certain race: http://www.valikorlia.com/wiki/Category:Races

So let's say I decide to skip all this. I walk onto Valikorlia wearing head10.png.
What happens?

kia345
07-15-2009, 05:06 PM
So let's say I decide to skip all this. I walk onto Valikorlia wearing head10.png.
What happens?

You get chewed out like you did last time, until we found a fellow believer to chill with.

BigBear3
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
You get chewed out like you did last time

I thought we'd keep that secret. :blush:

Skatertay
07-23-2009, 06:17 AM
You get chewed out like you did last time, until we found a fellow believer to chill with.

Wow, that sucks I guess I'll be sticking off of Val for a while, cause I don't know how to set heads.

Cubes
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Can I be black or mexican, or does that have to be approved?

BigBear3
07-25-2009, 12:57 AM

Mexico isn't a valid region in Valikorlia!

LoneAngelIbesu
07-25-2009, 01:02 AM

You can be any color of human you want. :) 'Black' skin is usually attributed to Meridiem (a southern continent on Val), or various southern port-towns. 'Mexican' is usually attributed to Tower Town, I guess -- that's our southwest-style desert area. Brown skin, though, can come from any number of desert places on Val.

BigBear3
07-25-2009, 05:10 PM
You can be any color of human you want. :) 'Black' skin is usually attributed to Meridiem (a southern continent on Val), or various southern port-towns. 'Mexican' is usually attributed to Tower Town, I guess -- that's our southwest-style desert area. Brown skin, though, can come from any number of desert places on Val.

But he wants to be MEXICAN.

Cubes
07-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I just want to wear that giant hat.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-25-2009, 09:44 PM
But he wants to be MEXICAN.

We've had poncho-wearing, sombrero-touting, tequila-drinking characters before. :D

kia345
07-25-2009, 09:52 PM
We've had poncho-wearing, sombrero-touting, tequila-drinking characters before. :D

But no Zorbis?

BigBear3
07-27-2009, 05:30 AM
But no Woopers?

asdf

LoneAngelIbesu
07-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't know what "Zorbies" or "Woopers" are, but Val has like 50 races, so I'm sure we have the equivalents.

kia345
07-27-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't know what "Zorbies"
head10.png

but Val has like 50 races, so I'm sure we have the equivalents.

Evidently not, as the entire concept of "fish on land" seemed alien to Val. Even when it was possible in real life.

BigBear3
07-28-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't know what " "Woopers" are,

Oh, c'mon.

DarkRenji
07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Can we be pokemon?

LoneAngelIbesu
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Evidently not
http://www.valikorlia.com/wiki/Category:Races

We have plenty of races.
... as the entire concept of "fish on land" seemed alien to Val. Even when it was possible in real life.
Valikorlia is split in to two groups: the realists and the fantasy players. It depends on when a race is proposed... if it's during a time when most people want the server to be more 'real' or when most people are fine with crazy fantasy races. "Fish on land" would have to be proposed during the latter.

Can we be pokemon?

No.

kia345
07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Valikorlia is split in to two groups: the realists and the fantasy players. It depends on when a race is proposed... if it's during a time when most people want the server to be more 'real' or when most people are fine with crazy fantasy races. "Fish on land" would have to be proposed during the latter.

I was told off by an autonomous robot and an anthropomorphic cat.

CABAL49
07-28-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm no biologist, but I am pretty sure Zorbi are more realistic than an elf. This is all based off of certain fish who do live on land though. They can't really walk though.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I was told off by an autonomous robot and an anthropomorphic cat.

Robot? We have Warforged, but no robots.

I'm no biologist, but I am pretty sure Zorbi are more realistic than an elf. This is all based off of certain fish who do live on land though. They can't really walk though.

"Fish on land" sounds much more unrealistic than "humanoid with pointy ears". Not to mention that elves are a fantasy staple. I've never heard of Zorbies outside of Graal.

If any of you are actually interested in playing Valikorlia (which I don't think you are), then we have plenty of races to choose from. We don't really want to establish more, especially if they're pretty over-the-top for a 'medieval' fantasy roleplaying server.

kia345
07-28-2009, 11:26 PM
If any of you are actually interested in playing Valikorlia (which I don't think you are), then we have plenty of races to choose from.

Don't assume things, me and Pat very much so wanted to play Val, but between being met with hypocrisy and people being difficult, we, or at least I, had to leave.

And I've seen a lot more fish move around on land than steam punk robots.

I think Val's just not interested in new players

zim5354
07-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Val was great when Jesse ran it, but since it went to clash (who killed it) the server has been in a downward spiral.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Don't assume things, me and Pat very much so wanted to play Val, but between being met with hypocrisy and people being difficult, we, or at least I, had to leave.
Why exactly did you want to play Valikorlia? Did you have an interest in text-based roleplaying, or did you log on just to log on? Without an interest in writing and text-based roleplaying, you aren't going to enjoy, understand, nor fit in on Valikorlia. :\

And I've seen a lot more fish move around on land than steam punk robots.
Warforged are not steam-punk robots? They're not even robots. They're sentient constructs, similar to golems.

The simple answer is that fish-people, or whatever it is you're talking about, are too extreme for Valikorlia.

Val was great when Jesse ran it, but since it went to clash (who killed it) the server has been in a downward spiral.

There are about 3 years and 3 managers between Clash and now...

kia345
07-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Warforged are not steam-punk robots? They're not even robots. They're sentient constructs, similar to golems.

The simple answer is that fish-people, or whatever it is you're talking about, are too extreme for Valikorlia.

Yeah, that's why I left, how is something is quite capable of existing more extreme than a golem?

Why exactly did you want to play Valikorlia? Did you have an interest in text-based roleplaying, or did you log on just to log on? Without an interest in writing and text-based roleplaying, you aren't going to enjoy, understand, nor fit in on Valikorlia. :\

We logged on because it was impossible to RP on GK at the time. We're very open to text based RP, we're the kind of chumps who RP on Morrowind and actually stick to our own personal character's motives. It's not like we were hanging around trolling, we were really minding our own business, I think Pat tried to have an IC conversation, when we got called out for not making sense.

CABAL49
07-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Warforged are a race of living constructs, roughly resembling humans in physiology and mental faculty, that exist primarily on the northern continents of Kharlia. Warforged are built, not born, and the original warforged came after several experiments on normal constructs by the race's progenitor, Cahfei Shadespeak. Imbued with a spark of the divine, warforged have souls and require certain needs just like any other living creature, though their needs are wildly different than that of normal humanoids. Originally crafted by the Legacy as construct shells to house human souls, the little understood processes of their creation mistakenly imbued the Warforged with sentience and life. The first order scrapped, the new designation would have them adapted for war. Later, freed from their creators, the Warforged set out to prove themselves as acceptable members of mortal society.

You're telling me that's not fantasy? Let me put it this way, all of your approved races are fantasy. Most don't even have a plausible explanation to their existence, unless you incorporate the fantasy element. Zorbi, on the other hand, are simply fish that evolved the ability to walk and talk like any other sentient being.

CharlieM
07-29-2009, 03:25 AM
I'd play Val if there was Zorbi

LoneAngelIbesu
07-29-2009, 03:44 AM
We logged on because it was impossible to RP on GK at the time. We're very open to text based RP, we're the kind of chumps who RP on Morrowind and actually stick to our own personal character's motives. It's not like we were hanging around trolling, we were really minding our own business, I think Pat tried to have an IC conversation, when we got called out for not making sense.
Valikorlia, like any tight-knit, relatively small, 10-year-old roleplaying community, is filled with trolls. You ignore them. If they persist, you report them. If the GP, or whoever you reported it to, doesn't do anything, report them to another staff member and report that staff member, too. Sooner or later it will be dealt with. In the mean time, why not just find a secluded area? Most people do that when they want to roleplay with just a friend or two. It not only prevents OOC commentators (which is actually a jail-able offense), but it prevents unwelcome characters from butting in.

You're telling me that's not fantasy? Let me put it this way, all of your approved races are fantasy. Most don't even have a plausible explanation to their existence, unless you incorporate the fantasy element. Zorbi, on the other hand, are simply fish that evolved the ability to walk and talk like any other sentient being.

Hm. Let me put it this way. A year and half ago, or maybe a bit longer, we had an RPA (Roleplaying Administrator; in charge of managing the server's IC world) that wanted to do an event with sentient fruit beings. That was silly. Walking sentient fish is are just as silly.

We have elves, Drow, weird raptor/bird people (not my cup of tea, obviously), Orcs, high elves, Warforged, vampires, angels, demons, tieflings, devils, psionic things with tentacles on their face, Kender, imps, Gloomkin (imps born out of garbage), lizardmen, satyrs, ogres, dwarfs, and some other races. Why are fish-people the sicking point?

I should mention that while a lot of the races we have might be just as odd as fish-people, they were created during a less 'realistic' time. New anthro races are pretty taboo nowadays, which is why I say that fish-people are "too extreme" for Valikorlia.

DarkRenji
07-29-2009, 04:45 AM
You have all those stupid races, but you can't have the Zorbi race?

kia345
07-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Why are fish-people the sicking point?

Because the exist all over Graal, especially among people who like to RP.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-30-2009, 07:08 PM
You have all those stupid races, but you can't have the Zorbi race?

Bear in mind that I'm not the end-all decider on these things. I've just observed what races are successful nowadays, and fish-people is pretty out there. You can try. There is an emerging effort to try and make Valikorlia even more fantasy, or so I hear. But a fish-people race wouldn't be named the Zorbi race. Be more original. :)

CABAL49
07-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Bear in mind that I'm not the end-all decider on these things. I've just observed what races are successful nowadays, and fish-people is pretty out there. You can try. There is an emerging effort to try and make Valikorlia even more fantasy, or so I hear. But a fish-people race wouldn't be named the Zorbi race. Be more original. :)

The whole point is to add the Zorbi race.

bioboi
07-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Val players need to realize you still use the Graal client to log on Val, and on Graal there are Zorbis :cool:.

LoneAngelIbesu
07-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Val players need to realize you still use the Graal client to log on Val, and on Graal there are Zorbis :cool:.
Valikorlia existed when Zorbies belonged on Zora, or whatever. You forget that Valikorlia has existed for as long as Graal has. We don't have the same canon. We don't need it. When Graal was building its own, we were building our own.

I've think I've gotten my post across. If anybody wants more information on races, they can send me a PM.

BigBear3
07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Valikorlia, like any tight-knit, relatively small, 10-year-old roleplaying community, is filled with trolls. You ignore them. If they persist, you report them.

I guess trolls aren't an acceptable race.

Why would you want this to end? This is the most recognition Valikorlia has gained in a long time, and could possibly end in some more player activity.

How about instead of denying us, you give us some guidelines on what to change about our race to make it more acceptable to you? Then everyone is happy.

Changing the name of our race insults our honor and pride.

Clockwork
08-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Wasn't even aware of having to have a race approved. I had, once upon a time, walking into Val and simply set my Bio and chose a head and somehow used a sword, before exploring a very good looking playerworld with no one in it. :P

I had played as my own race (Neko~ ^^ ). Although, I relized that Rp'ing with my graal chara would feel odd to me, I mass'ed ooc I was looking for some PM RP, and was only trash talked to by everyone. For even THINKING of such a thing I was apparently a creep and a pervert ~.~... I think I tried once more awhile ago to only find the same thing happen. Maybe I'll try again this week, my list of people to Rp with on Yahoo is dwindling very low! D:

LoneAngelIbesu
08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
... I mass'ed ooc I was looking for some PM RP, and was only trash talked to by everyone. For even THINKING of such a thing I was apparently a creep and a pervert ~.~...

What's so odd about roleplaying through your avatar, as opposed to roleplaying through PMs? Valikorlia has a running joke about people cybering, since it's happened many time in our 10+ year history. So it's a natural assumption that when you want to roleplay through private messages, you aren't wanting people to know what you're roleplaying about... which must mean... :cool:

CABAL49
08-04-2009, 11:42 PM
What's so odd about roleplaying through your avatar, as opposed to roleplaying through PMs? Valikorlia has a running joke about people cybering, since it's happened many time in our 10+ year history. So it's a natural assumption that when you want to roleplay through private messages, you aren't wanting people to know what you're roleplaying about... which must mean... :cool:

Yeah but it is very rude to make that assumption. You also keep talking about this ten year old community. I used to play Val and I don't really recognize anyone. That isn't to say I knew everyone, but Val wasn't always this elitist. Also I am curious about about what you think of Pat's proposal for our race. I should mention that I ran around on Val with the Zorbi head four years ago. The only time someone yelled at me was because they said I had stolen my name, Oda Nobunaga, from some video game. Onimushi or something. This is really off topic but go learn some Japanese history and you will know who I got that name from.

Nelm
08-05-2009, 01:17 AM
The reason I don't RP on Valikorlia is the insane amount of arrogance that I get from their players EVERY time I log on. Valikorlia is xenophobic, plain and simple.

Maybe when the administration starts finding ways to get new players to stick around, such as reprimanding players who decide to go on ego trips when new players log on, getting jailed...Valikorlia will be playable. Until then, there is absolutely no reason for me to log on, seeing how there are much more accepting roleplaying communities across the web.

It is unfortunate, however, that Graal's roleplaying community is tainted by egotism and arrogance, because roleplaying through Graal could definitely have it's advantages than other mediums I've tried.

Clockwork
08-05-2009, 02:39 AM
The reason I don't RP on Valikorlia is the insane amount of arrogance that I get from their players EVERY time I log on. Valikorlia is xenophobic, plain and simple.

Maybe when the administration starts finding ways to get new players to stick around, such as reprimanding players who decide to go on ego trips when new players log on, getting jailed...Valikorlia will be playable. Until then, there is absolutely no reason for me to log on, seeing how there are much more accepting roleplaying communities across the web.

It is unfortunate, however, that Graal's roleplaying community is tainted by egotism and arrogance, because roleplaying through Graal could definitely have it's advantages than other mediums I've tried.

Agreed.

Many people don't like role playing as an avatar, and I'm one of them. Just because it is your opinion that its not different, doesn't mean it's my opinion as well. I type out a paragraph or more when I roleplay and I cannot typically do that on a single line chat bar where it is sort of inconvenient to need to look back at something.
That's also rather arrogant. :o Even if I did want to cyber, people don't have to be immature about it.

Just as well, needing a visual experience to experience Rp'ing MUST mean in my opinion that you lack some imagination. It's something me and my 10+ year roleplaying freinds joke about... If you cant RP in pm's then you must not be very a good rol...well...:cool:

LoneAngelIbesu
08-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Many people don't like role playing as an avatar, and I'm one of them. Just because it is your opinion that its not different, doesn't mean it's my opinion as well. I type out a paragraph or more when I roleplay and I cannot typically do that on a single line chat bar where it is sort of inconvenient to need to look back at something.
That's also rather arrogant. :o Even if I did want to cyber, people don't have to be immature about it.

Just as well, needing a visual experience to experience Rp'ing MUST mean in my opinion that you lack some imagination. It's something me and my 10+ year roleplaying freinds joke about... If you cant RP in pm's then you must not be very a good rol...well...:cool:
Well, that's just not how people roleplay on Valikorlia. :\ Really, guys. When you log on to Valikorlia, don't expect the rest of the server to assimilate to how you think they should be roleplaying. On Valikorlia, we use our avatars, not PMs.

If there are immature poos harassing you, tell a staff member. If they don't do anything, go to the GraalOnline support center and write as many complaints as you can about the staff member that didn't punish a player for harassing you. Don't sit there and bash a community that (a) you aren't a part of, (b) you don't understand, and (c) don't have the wherewithal to stick around and learn how it operates. You don't see me complaining when I log on Zodiac and get PK'd every time I step outside the OSL, or when high-level players try and show me 'where to get cool weps' but just attack me when I start following them.