PDA

View Full Version : Catastrophic Suggestion, Perhaps

Tainted_Love
07-10-2009, 06:18 AM
To begin, I’m jkool666. Don’t bother posting if your not going to read my entire post. I also apologize if I act like a “know it all” anywhere, I’m just giving my opinion.

Over the past few years there have been a lot of mistakes made on Zone.

-Removing trials ability to use Guild Tags
This effected both Gold and Trial users, and I’d say this is the first of Zones biggest mistakes. Trials, obviously could no longer participate in Guild Activity, and Gold users could no longer effectively create guilds (on Zone anyway). Guilds were created, but never as successfully as the original ones.

When I think back on those days, there was a LOT of guild activity, 3 large active guilds (Hayashi, Lost Soulds and The Alliance), but I also think that there was NOTHING to do with the guilds. Now we have all these ET commands to manipulate the game but no guilds to do so with. This also took a blow onto the community as well, which is extremely vital in the success of Zone.

I believe the local guild idea would mend this mistake:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82657

-The release of to many weapons and non-class-specific weapons
Zone doesn’t need as many weapons as it has, especially ones of such power. When I look back now, its obvious a lot of weapons were introduced with very little thought put into them with hopes that they’d keep players (which they did). But then it got a little ridiculous, how many “Insert Colour/Fancy Name” Rifles do we need?

Secondly, the manner in which they are added onto the player is ridiculous. Why even have classes if you’re going to release all the most powerful weapons to ALL classes? It destroys nearly all strategy in picking different classes. Weapons were originally placed into appropriate classes for a reason, balance.

A lot of people won’t like my idea of mending this issue, but here we go… Make a list of every single weapon, gather all the knowledgeable players you can find, have a discussion on what weapons to completely remove from gameplay.
Weapons that should be removed/altered (in my opinion):
-AssaultPistol (remove)
-Chainsaw (remove)
-Greenrifle (remove)
-HeavyLaser (remove)
-Laserforce (remove)
-MetalicRifle (remove)
-Photon (remove)
-Plasmagun (remove)
-Redrifle (remove)
-ScifiPistol (remove)
-Redpistole (remove)
-Bluepistole (remove)
-Stormrifle (remove)
-Streamer (remove)
-Goopistol (remove)
-Flamepistol (remove)
-Dartgun (remove)
-GravityHammer (remove)
-Silencer (remove, but perhaps the silent feature could be added to another weapon)
-BlueRifle (alter the name, perhaps something to do with a more powerful Plasmarifle?)
-SniperRifle (needs to be modified as it doesn’t fit with any other Zone Weapon)
-Holiday Items (should all be modified so they can only be used during holiday times)

That would balance gameplay, weapon wise anyway. Now finally, there has to NEVER be an instance where a weapon is added to ALL classes again. Remaining classless weapons should be placed fairly taking class speed + how many weapons they currently have in them into consideration.

-Strong Push for Events
For a while there was a hard push for more events, with the introduction of an Events Team Admin especially. This is definitely my fault as well unfortunately, but I was working with the things that were being developed. Zone had become an events based server where the community rely'd on seeing a lot of events hosted off to be content with the gameplay.

Zone shouldn’t have ever been a server where nearly everyone had life-time event weapons. Additionally, it shouldn’t have been a server where events were hosted extremely often, but with a time limit on the weapons. The majority of events on Zone SHOULD be Guild Related in some way, to help build a bonding between the community. Encourage guild creation through events.

Events such as Snowrace, Jumprace, Barrel Wars and LavaEvent shouldn’t be hosted off more then once or twice a day. For prizes no higher then 25 Grenades of some type.
Events such as WeaponSpecific Showdown or Spar Tourney you should only see once every month and a half to two months, no more then that. These events would be for prizes of permanent event weapons (which would also be class specific).
Events that can incorporate guilds and teams should be hosted off a lot during the weekends. Again, encourages guild creation and builds a community. If there’s fun things for guilds to do during the weekends, people will want to create guilds.

So I guess my suggestion to mend this would be host events as I am suggesting.

-The Gelat Shop
Perhaps the worst addition to Zone. Allowing players to pay with IRL currency to obtain weapons was a bad idea. All this did was piss off a lot of paying customers. Sure for a little while it made some money, but look at the end result… Not to mention when someone pays to subscribe for a game, they expect to receive all of what that game offers, not pay X amount more for this and that.

My suggestion, keep the shop with some weapons (again, class specific of course), but only for trials to rent out for X days. Gold players automatically receive all Shop Weapons upon upgrading. This would also give more incentive to upgrade as well.

-Trials
Short and sweet, they shouldn’t be allowed to save their stats. Every 3 months their stats should be reset (but their weapons they have rented out shouldn‘t be removed). Again, more incentive to upgrade to Gold.

-*Insert your idea here*

Finally… A reset... These changes would bring Zone back to what it was, but improved. But unfortunately to implement them a player reset is needed, and yes, this means EVERYTHING except Online hours.

Now ask yourselves:
-How often have you complained about overpowered weapons
-How several weapons on Zone basically do the exact same thing with a speed/look variation
-How often have you wished to play these “team games” with actual organized teams to their full potential
-How often do you currently play Zone now, would losing certain items and statistics really bother you? If you don’t play (which no one really does anymore) I can’t see why they would

A player-reset on a server that has no players doesn't do much harm. Especially if your willing to offer the players your resetting new mixed with old, fun, balanced gameplay.

Additionally to all this, a few new things need to be developed and released all at once, incentive to do something else other then killing sprees, for example. There will need to be a period of time where Zone is closed from the public and re-released of course, but I think the re-release will prove most successful.

Well that’s it, if you’re still reading, thanks! I hope I didn’t miss anything, I had a lot I was thinking about. Please add your ideas/discuss.

jkool666
07-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Cool idea hommie. LOL. *Wishes he posted it on this account* xD

Nightmare
07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Ive read everything there. I dont se a single bad idea, except, why remove RPs and BPs? they are event weapons, and with the even suggestion, they shouldnt be a problem if you put them with a balanced class. And btw, nice account name jesse, thats a good song. If these changed were implemented asap on zone you would see a major increase of players.

Liberated
07-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Gold players automatically receive all Shop Weapons upon upgrading

I dissagree, i think that you should buy them in the ingame shop, just like it used to be, and since trials can now safe( i think?) Trials just shouldn't be able to buy weapons, but only rent them or something like you said.

That's the only thing i dissagree with tho, and i liked the rest.

Donark
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Why remove the metalic rifle D: it sucks.

Also to add to the -*Insert your idea here*
I know most people have said this before, but there should be more perks from when you go up a class level, maybe 2 or 5 more hp, more heads, could hold more heals, a little more energy, anything. But just having a plasmasword changing colors is pretty lame.

Gambet
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Some pretty solid ideas here for the most part, I do agree that there needs to be local guilds and I believe we'll be implementing a local guild system soon (Stefan had Tig work on a big guild system that does just about everything that the guilds do on the Graal website and I think Stefan wanted to have that implemented on Zone).

I also think Stefan wants to push for a new gun system all together which would eliminate most of the excess of weapons and bring Zone back to a basic state with regards to weapons to increase the chance of battles being decided based on skill rather than weapons.

Liberated
07-10-2009, 04:42 PM
to increase the chance of battles being decided based on skill rather than weapons.

yes!!! I will rule zone again!

jkool666
07-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I know most people have said this before, but there should be more perks from when you go up a class level, maybe 2 or 5 more hp, more heads, could hold more heals, a little more energy, anything. But just having a plasmasword changing colors is pretty lame.
I agree there should be perks, but there should be no kind of perk that increases a players talent, know what I mean? Perhaps being given Gold Weapons at a certain rank and new outfits is a great idea too.

Ive read everything there. I dont se a single bad idea, except, why remove RPs and BPs? they are event weapons,
If you keep them, then change the names of each weapon. I just don't think that many prizes are needed for the amount of events there SHOULD be. Reapers, Twinblade and Doubleshot are still solid Event Prizes.

If these changed were implemented asap on zone you would see a major increase of players.
I agree, especially if the server went down for a bit and MEGA advertised that major updates were coming soon.

i think that you should buy them in the ingame shop, just like it used to be,
Items such as Jetpack and holliday items would still be in-game shop items. As long as no weapons go into all classes, and we don't release duplicates of the same weapons that look a little different.

and since trials can now safe( i think?)
Short and sweet, they shouldn’t be allowed to save their stats.
Trials shouldn't be able to save their stats for more then 3 months.

I also think Stefan wants to push for a new gun system all together which would eliminate most of the excess of weapons
I'm very glad to hear Stefan and I both believe that ;P. If major work on this ever needs to be done I'd offer assitance where I can. I can't develop anything, but I have good ideas and can pick out bad ones, I think lol.

Loriel
07-11-2009, 03:43 AM
To begin, Iím jkool666. Donít bother posting if your not going to read my entire post.

Did not read the rest of the post, just wanted to let you know that you do not get to tell me what to do, yo.

DuBsTeRmAn
07-11-2009, 01:11 PM
A reset? No thank you...

Many people spended a lot of their time in the game, If you reset them now you will probally lose a ****load of players. Also some people spended money on gelat weapons (stronger weapons) to get better stats, which they would also lose..

RevolutionJS
07-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't touch my stats!

*inseert your Idea*

Get a better anti hacking system and make the server faster.

I agree with Jesse on much things, especially the one that tells that Gold players should get all waepons and Trial players can by them.

But the most important thing I think that should be done is this:

Close the server for +- a month and get much people working on it and make some great updates.

Then advertise for a release day ( host event and make it a great day.) I expeet that there will be much players on the realease day, and if its nice enough much players will stay at Zone and start to play it again.

Liberated
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
. Also some people spended money on gelat weapons (stronger weapons) to get better stats,

Which they didn't really deserve then, atleast that's my opinion.

Most of the people who have reached high ranks such as legend, don't play anymore,
if we get a completely new system where you rank actually means anything, it wouldn't be fair if they start out with their old ranks, they should have to earn them again.

jkool666
07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Errm first off.
A player-reset on a server that has no players doesn't do much harm. Especially if your willing to offer the players your resetting new mixed with old, fun, balanced gameplay.

Many people spended a lot of their time in the game, If you reset them now you will probally lose a ****load of players.
Zone's playercount never reaches 10. What players are you talking about? And the introduction of the Gelat Shop and SEVERAL overpowered boring, unthoughtout weapons did much more damage to the playercount.

Also some people spended money on gelat weapons (stronger weapons) to get better stats, which they would also lose..
The release of the Gelat Shop/Those Weapons was an obvious mistake. Unfortunately a reset is needed upon removeing those systems. As people would have kills with guns that don't exist.

A LOT of Graal servers reset every couple or few years (Kingdoms, Era, Maloria, Zodiac, UnholyNation, Ect). Zone hasn't had a reset ever since it went Gold. If people want Zone fixed, their going to have to accept that a reset is going to happen no matter what.

Which they didn't really deserve then, atleast that's my opinion.
Exactly, people earned stats by standing infront of bases with weapons that are 4 or 5 hit kills and lamed. Those aren't fair stats.

Nataxo
07-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I support all of your ideas except for the weapons part...

perhaps add a few like the sabre and stormrifle, gradually once you achive new ranks, you can buy those weapons in the zone money shop for a certian price...

just a suggestion...

MagikMasterMind
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I support everything aswell.

My request: Remove some weapons, add them to a shop where they could only be bought with Game Award points. Each different planet's Game Award points won't be the same. So in Koth's GA points shop, they would be different weapons than Iricia's Point shop.

jkool666
07-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Please quote what specific part you mean. Also, why don't you support it? :P.

My request: Remove some weapons, add them to a shop where they could only be bought with Game Award points. Each different planet's Game Award points won't be the same. So in Koth's GA points shop, they would be different weapons than Iricia's Point shop.
Perfect idea. I see no flaws.

DeathOfRa
07-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I like everything except the event weapon and holiday weapon removal. Every server has its own special items or weapons based on winning events or holiday upgrading. Erm. Most.

Highscores, being on them should also have some benefits to them, to promote diversity in weapon usage. Such as, higher the score, more ammo, or less energy usage. Or more shots in one clip. Just a suggestion.

MagikMasterMind
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I like everything except the event weapon and holiday weapon removal. Every server has its own special items or weapons based on winning events or holiday upgrading. Erm. Most.

Highscores, being on them should also have some benefits to them, to promote diversity in weapon usage. Such as, higher the score, more ammo, or less energy usage. Or more shots in one clip. Just a suggestion.

Yes, event weapons are a symbol. Must take in consideration players won them, we cannot take them off. Altough we need to change the weapon names. By example Red Pistol should be called something like Plasma Pistol(something similar actually). I like element based names tough, like Rps could be fire and BPs could be water. Heat Pistol and Ice Pistol, idk...

Something I would like, would be a Info Command for weapons... Like if I click on Info - Appirces, it could say: Built out of dwarven hands, forged by Melango Dwarf Co., this weapon is pretty usefull to soldiers using a trapping or aggressive fighting stance.

Novice
07-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Jesse, I agree with everything you posted.

Don't touch my stats!
Barely anyone plays. Would it make any difference besides to your online ego?

Get a better anti hacking system and make the server faster.
I've actually brought up the issue of hacking, we just need to know how these people are hacking (what they're actually changing) to prevent it. We're working up a list and Gambet (or Stefan) will then work on it.
The server is (probably) running as fast as it can, it is probably just the lag from your computer to the server and back that may make it seem like it's being "slow".

MagikMasterMind
07-12-2009, 02:10 AM
I have a suggestion to add out there.

Spar Arenas... Already noticed those blue 2 blue dots located in each spar room?

For those 2 spar rooms that dosen't need a warp, players entering it shall be teleported on a blue dot before each spar then a countdown should go. 3,2,1 go! Then, they could start shooting their weapon, but not before.

doyouskate
07-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, event weapons are a symbol. Must take in consideration players won them, we cannot take them off. Altough we need to change the weapon names. By example Red Pistol should be called something like Plasma Pistol(something similar actually). I like element based names tough, like Rps could be fire and BPs could be water. Heat Pistol and Ice Pistol, idk...

Why would we change the name of RPs and BPs? Sure it's a dumb name but it's always been that, no reason to change it now.

Something I would like, would be a Info Command for weapons... Like if I click on Info - Appirces, it could say: Built out of dwarven hands, forged by Melango Dwarf Co., this weapon is pretty usefull to soldiers using a trapping or aggressive fighting stance.

Lol wtf no. Dwarves do not build my guns! Koreans do silly.

MagikMasterMind
07-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Why would we change the name of RPs and BPs? Sure it's a dumb name but it's always been that, no reason to change it now.

You just anwsered to your own self.

doyouskate
07-13-2009, 12:46 AM
You just anwsered to your own self.

No. There is no reason to change it, it's been that way forever...

Crow
07-13-2009, 01:31 AM
No. There is no reason to change it, it's been that way forever...

Guess what. Things change.

Nightmare
07-13-2009, 01:35 AM
we must BURN ZE BAD SCRIPTZ

jkool666
07-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Sure it's a dumb name but it's always been that, no reason to change it now.
You did just answered your own question. They've always been a dumb name, we are fixing the mistakes in Zones history. Their dumb name is a mistake ;P.

seanthien
07-13-2009, 05:08 AM
* Doesn't bother to read anyone else's post but the first one opening the thread *

I noticed Zone can still reach a steady ammount of players when Me, Shadow, Stormy, Boing were on there for a good 2-3 hours and brought in about 30 players. However, when we left, it all went downhill and Zone eventually died again.

I wouldn't really decide to play Zone ever again for a long period of time unless my old friends the used to play, but most likely quit Graal itself, decide to somehow magically appear on Zone again. What Jesse said is right, some those things would of been nice back than to improve Zone, but what's done is done.

I don't think you can really go back to try and please the older players when you should try to attract new ones.

Pretty much, I just don't see a point in any of the old players coming back unless their friends do too. Any new player wouldn't really know of this stuff and we try just to enjoy the game itself. Don't reset, those are goals for newbies.

Zone itself isn't too "Newb Friendly" if you know what I mean. That can be improved on. Anyhow, attracting and maintaining new players is what Zone should be doing, atleast that's how I view it.

Felix_Xenophobe
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
make zone a pvp AND pve server.

i'd play it

RevolutionJS
07-15-2009, 10:05 AM
* Doesn't bother to read anyone else's post but the first one opening the thread *

I noticed Zone can still reach a steady ammount of players when Me, Shadow, Stormy, Boing were on there for a good 2-3 hours and brought in about 30 players. However, when we left, it all went downhill and Zone eventually died again.

I think i'm able to get kinda much Dutchies back aswell.

Barely anyone plays. Would it make any difference besides to your online ego?

I've actually brought up the issue of hacking, we just need to know how these people are hacking (what they're actually changing) to prevent it. We're working up a list and Gambet (or Stefan) will then work on it.
The server is (probably) running as fast as it can, it is probably just the lag from your computer to the server and back that may make it seem like it's being "slow".

I worked hard for my stats and I want to keep them.

Forum PM me about the hacking novice

seanthien
07-17-2009, 12:11 AM

It's not about that though.. It's about if most Zone players didn't just lame anyone new, and actually fought their friends and such things could be fun and bring some players along.

Crono
07-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Anyhow, attracting and maintaining new players is what Graal should be doing.

Fixed.

jkool666
07-17-2009, 01:46 AM
FYI, I'm not suggesting we try to get old players back in this idea.

You didn't work that hard for YOUR statistics, newbie lol.:noob:
-How often do you currently play Zone now, would losing certain items and statistics really bother you? If you don’t play (which no one really does anymore) I can’t see why they would

^ Answer/argue please.

darksage15
07-17-2009, 02:10 AM

1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. All you did was base lame

WaDaFack
07-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Removing the weaps is a stupid idea, your just deleting all the stuff staff worked hard on.

Aldaris
07-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Removing the weaps is a stupid idea, your just deleting all the stuff staff worked hard on.

Having an expanded arsenal isn't always for the best. Just look at what it did to Era.

RevolutionJS
07-17-2009, 11:34 AM

Have you got any idea hard 900 hours straight laming is ?

darksage15
07-17-2009, 11:55 AM

It's not hard, just boring. And you don't deserve it when all you do is buy gelats and lame new kids.

RevolutionJS
07-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Anyway, I dont care what you think, I still kick your ass also without laming.

pooper200000
07-17-2009, 03:21 PM
The purpose of this thread isn't to argue who is better than the other. If you are going to do that, your post will be deleted.
Don't reply to this post, forum PM pooper200000 if you have a problem with this.

DuBsTeRmAn
07-17-2009, 05:38 PM

Hey, Watch out. Nothing is wrong with dutchies >:]

maximus_asinus
07-17-2009, 06:49 PM
for du lӕker

jkool666
07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
They didn't work that hard on it is the problem, other then the GFX. Theres no balance at all in the weapon system on Zone. Currently 8/10 (approx) of the weapons are rendered useless on the ex-most popular planet, Iricia.
Classes are also useless in many more cases then they could be.

How knowledged are you in the weapons on Zone now vs before the introduction to several of the weapons listed? Have you experienced the gameplay with these weapons recently?

Having an expanded arsenal isn't always for the best. Just look at what it did to Era.
And Zone...

Nightmare
07-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Hey. If Jkool posted every zone weapon script of the new weapons, they would be identical. With a few different classes (ammo types, clip sizes, energy usage) and all that.

07-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey. If Jkool posted every zone weapon script of the new weapons, they would be identical. With a few different classes (ammo types, clip sizes, energy usage) and all that.

Where's the love for the artists?

seanthien
07-19-2009, 07:41 AM

^ Answer/argue please.
I'd rather not reset the server unless some drastic changes are going to be made that requires a server reset. I mean reseting the server just so players can work/lame their way back up to the top, making them so easily #1 while deleting all the oldbie's statistics seems pretty shtty to me.

It's not hard, just boring. And you don't deserve it when all you do is buy gelats and lame new kids.

Anyway, I dont care what you think, I still kick your ass also without laming. Stupid arguments like this killed Zone. Every once in a while was okay, but it exceeded the limits. :)

Having an expanded arsenal isn't always for the best. Just look at what it did to Era. Yeah :(. I liked it when Era first came back from a reset, and only guns were Ak, and Uzi.

Nightmare
07-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Have you got any idea hard 900 hours straight laming is ?Thats 300 Hours of laming, 600 Hours of afking.

Hey, Watch out. Nothing is wrong with dutchies >:]Which is why you dont play zone anymore

seanthien
07-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Thats 300 Hours of laming, 600 Hours of afking.

Which is why you dont play zone anymore

Zone's died, and yet you slow in the head people continuously argue over stupid matters like that.

jkool666
07-21-2009, 04:05 AM
I'd rather not reset the server unless some drastic changes are going to be made that requires a server reset.
Thats why I posted the "Server Reset" at the bottom of my post, below all of the drastic changes that I want to see made. :noob:

I mean reseting the server just so players can work/lame their way back up to the top,
Thats not the reason for the reset, I think you need to re-read my posts over again.

Scary_Sock
07-21-2009, 04:08 AM
Hmm...
I really hate the "Zone is dead" posts guys. Seriously, stop posting that.

Jcs1919
07-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Remove all heals and make beds..., Remove Jetpack too

I'm not playing zone because there is too many healers, runners, cheaters

Gambet
07-22-2009, 03:13 AM

All healing items and such will be removed once the shielding system is implemented.

Jcs1919
07-22-2009, 03:16 AM
All healing items and such will be removed once the shielding system is implemented.

OMG, that's really cool ! :asleep:

Scary_Sock
07-22-2009, 03:16 AM

What an awesome day that will be!

:)

seanthien
07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Thats why I posted the "Server Reset" at the bottom of my post, below all of the drastic changes that I want to see made. :noob:
Oh and by reading the following I'm suppose to realize you meant you wanted everything else to happen first, right? Isn't it common sense to reset a server when huge updates that would forever change the gameplay to reset it?
To begin, I’m jkool666. Don’t bother posting if your not going to read my entire post. I also apologize if I act like a “know it all” anywhere, I’m just giving my opinion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats not the reason for the reset, I think you need to re-read my posts over again.

A player-reset on a server that has no players doesn't do much harm. Especially if your willing to offer the players your resetting new mixed with old, fun, balanced gameplay. What am I suppose to get other than that from this?

Hmm...
I really hate the "Zone is dead" posts guys. Seriously, stop posting that.
How about "Zone's now a failure non-profit server that averages 5 players daily and at peek-times maybe 10 that most likely 30 percent of them don't even play the game itself".

Fury
07-23-2009, 12:48 AM

so if i get shot like 40 times, i can go to sleep and wake upwith no wounds? eranewbie.

jkool666
07-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Isn't it common sense to reset a server when huge updates that would forever change the gameplay to reset it?
Yes it is, but a lot of people seem to think otherwise.
I mean reseting the server just so players can work/lame their way back up to the top,

I guess I just thought it was more obvious I wanted things done to the server prior to the reset. Not "just so players can work/lame their way back up to the top," ya know?

RebelArbiter
07-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I can honestly say if I came on zone and all of my stuff was gone it would be the last time I logged in there.

Aldaris
07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
I can honestly say if I came on zone and all of my stuff was gone it would be the last time I logged in there.

Are you still 11, or have you aged?

Anyways, I agree that something drastic must occur. Zone has been in this rut for awhile, now, and a reset might be a valid option -- working with a clean slate is much easier than working with a congested (Mucinex) one.

RebelArbiter
07-23-2009, 04:26 PM

No I have aged but if I lose all my items and the server is still terrible I won't be going back on.

Jcs1919
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
so if i get shot like 40 times, i can go to sleep and wake upwith no wounds? eranewbie.

:\, Make bed heal slowly, and only in their base
zonenewbie.

Aldaris
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Instead of a bed, for those of you who have played "B.O.B." for the Sega Genesis, maybe that style of healing could be implemented.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's basically a charge station that connects to your nerves and heals you gradually.

Scary_Sock
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Instead of a bed, for those of you who have played "B.O.B." for the Sega Genesis, maybe that style of healing could be implemented.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's basically a charge station that connects to your nerves and heals you gradually.

Pretty swell idea.

Switch
07-23-2009, 09:39 PM

You probably don't log on already, seeing as how there's hardly a person ever on Zone except for an hour or two maybe. Besides, everyone would have to start over, not just you, giving you a chance to get ahead of everyone before oldbies come back (if they decide to).
These ideas are to make the server BETTER and keep improving it, so how could it be terrible?

seanthien
07-24-2009, 08:43 AM
I guess I just thought it was more obvious I wanted things done to the server prior to the reset. Not "just so players can work/lame their way back up to the top," ya know? A few others, including me, thought otherwise than. :(

LOL.

Hi Ricky.

No I have aged but if I lose all my items and the server is still terrible I won't be going back on. Exactly, that's why changes should occur and be tested before something that drastic happens.

..(Stuff About Healing).. That could make more use of base 1.

Or make real items that actually might heal in real life, but over time. Who eats a cookie and is healed? Although Zone is futuristic, I don't think a Cookie will ever magically heal you so much.

Also, heals over time would make healing more strategic, opposed to running/jet packing away and instantly healing and running back at your enemy.

Besides, everyone would have to start over, not just you, giving you a chance to get ahead of everyone before oldbies come back (if they decide to).
That's just dumb, reseting the server so players will have something to work towards again. You'll cause more players to quit for a certain ammount of time than bring in, and those that do come in, once they realize nothing's changed and it's the same old crap, Zone's back at starting point 1 and Zone becomes a dependant server on resets so players can work back up to the top again. HORRIBLE thought process.

Though if changes occur, things might differ.

Switch
07-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Though if changes occur, things might differ.

That's the point of this thread.

Desear
07-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I agree with the first post completely.

MiniOne
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I agree with jkool on this, his ideas for removal of certain weapons are great and gelats and the removal of trials being able to wear global guild tags have both influenced zone with a negative effect and should be fixed, though i disagree with the removal of rps and bps but rather host events for these two weapons (once per 2months?) and make them perm again, as well as making all guns perm.

zorinkelpekem
08-01-2009, 12:19 PM

Good idea =D, but like DuBsTeRmAn said, they will lose loads of players >.< i don't think anyone wants a reset

seanthien
08-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Good idea =D, but like DuBsTeRmAn said, they will lose loads of players >.< i don't think anyone wants a reset

This plan should really be put in play, it's something I can see bringing back and/or in new players.

Reset? That's what everyone says, but once the server resets and it's back up, they'll all come crawling back at some point. People say that to try and scare the owners into not doing it, but if the gameplay is great, and things get better, they're bound to come back and play regardless of what they said in the past.

Zodiac is a prime example for me and if you've been around for their resets. Just about anyone not willing for a reset was going all If you reset, I'll never play this dum server again!! me and my friends too!! Along with multiple messages similar to that. What happens later on? They came right back because they can't resist the gameplay and new features/changes that were made within the downtime for the server to reset and such.

jkool666
08-22-2009, 05:00 AM
This plan should really be put in play, it's something I can see bringing back and/or in new players.

Reset? That's what everyone says, but once the server resets and it's back up, they'll all come crawling back at some point. People say that to try and scare the owners into not doing it, but if the gameplay is great, and things get better, they're bound to come back and play regardless of what they said in the past.

Zodiac is a prime example for me and if you've been around for their resets. Just about anyone not willing for a reset was going all Along with multiple messages similar to that. What happens later on? They came right back because they can't resist the gameplay and new features/changes that were made within the downtime for the server to reset and such.
Took the words out of my mouth.

I also concluded a lot of these ideas would require very little development work.

Futurism
08-23-2009, 06:10 AM
I approved the weapon parts cause u have no chance to won BPs or RPs in a event put them in Zone shop (Ircia shop).

Frazzle
08-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I agree with everything in the first post.

The server has lost a lot of players due to these mistakes and is therefore losing a lot of money from it. Trying new ways to attract more players should be #1 on the management's list. They would be foolish to not consider this idea.

muupig
09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
i don't think anyone wants a reset

I do.
I want to rank up and get all medals again. ^^

Weapons that should be removed/altered (in my opinion):

Guns like red pistoles or blue pistoles should be kept.

I also agree with almost everything you've said.

Leoxx
09-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Once again, just wont be happy seeing my items from upgrading go bye bye. One of the reasons I upgraded was JUST to get the doubleshot.

I have no problem seeing it switched to a specific class though. And as much as I like my black sabre, I'll be a-okay going back to nothing. Knowing me, if we had enough people playing, I could get to general in a day.

I'll be quite happy with the reset, but at least let the players keep something from it lol.

As for the healing thing, maybe let medics heal at a constant rate instead of instantly. Possible lower the energy cost too. That way people would have to sit and wait until they are healed enough to go out and fight again, and medics cant just wip out the meds, heal, then start fighting again as if nothing happened.

This will also make it better if the medics had to sit still (cause i dont think anyone can patch someone up while running) because they couldnt heal themselves on the run.

That should increase strategy ;).

MagikMasterMind
09-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Merf medics? You wish! 

Leoxx
09-17-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm just sayin'! lol
People tend to nerf everything, or even power things up because people heal so quickly.

It could just be easier to nerf the problem itself, the ability to heal.
I know right after people begin talking about regen, it would be kinda hypocritical to agree to it but want to nerf medics. But seriously, a medic is worse than cookies and medpacks, because their healing doesn't run out, and two or three heals could make him able to be in top condition. (added with the fact that there are weapons you can get for ANY class, it makes them quite the opponent)

Dante55555
10-13-2009, 01:41 AM
-Removing trials ability to use Guild Tags

-The release of to many weapons and non-class-specific weapons
Zone doesn’t need as many weapons as it has, especially ones of such power. When I look back now, its obvious a lot of weapons were introduced with very little thought put into them with hopes that they’d keep players (which they did). But then it got a little ridiculous, how many “Insert Colour/Fancy Name” Rifles do we need?

Secondly, the manner in which they are added onto the player is ridiculous. Why even have classes if you’re going to release all the most powerful weapons to ALL classes? It destroys nearly all strategy in picking different classes. Weapons were originally placed into appropriate classes for a reason, balance.

I support fixing these two issues the most.

If you reset them now you will probally lose a ****load of players.

What players?

Also, many of the people on the highscores don't even play anymore. I believe they are trying to get new people to play the game, not cater to the selfish demands of the current players.

Another good idea would be expanding more upon the medic class. A few years ago your team absolutely needed a medic, but then powerups were released (like cookies; I hope you guys didn't put them back) and players became self-reliant. Even with the removal of all these powerups, the medic class still isn't used often. Perhaps you could brainstorm some ideas in the future.

I mean, you have to think real hard to remember a time when "strategy" and "Zone" were used in the same sentence. Try to invent ways for Zone to shift to a server in which it isn't he-who-pushes-s-or-d-the-most-wins.

DeathOfRa
10-16-2009, 02:59 AM
How the hell did I get subscribed to this?

jkool666
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Hmm...

Ive read everything there. I dont se a single bad idea, except, why remove RPs and BPs?
I dissagree, i think that you should buy them in the ingame shop, just like it used to be, That's the only thing i dissagree with tho, and i liked the rest.
Some pretty solid ideas here for the most part,
I like everything except the event weapon and holiday weapon removal.
These ideas are to make the server BETTER and keep improving it, so how could it be terrible?
I agree with the first post completely.
I agree with jkool on this,
I agree with everything in the first post.
I also agree with almost everything you've said.
I support fixing these two issues the most.

Also...
-those who disagreed (a few people who don't want to lose their stats) were unsuccessful argueing their opinion ;P
-I had concluded this idea would take little development
-consider the number of people who agreed, consider WHO they are as most of them were once pretty wise active Zone players and consider how many people actually log onto the Zone Forums
-there are some players who posted who sounded like they agreed but didn't actually say "I agree"

I just think it's to bad some ideas weren't considered a bit more back when I thought this up, as now it's to late for this idea.

Imperialistic
12-12-2009, 07:21 PM
stuff..

I'm going to agree, I would definetly go back to playing Zone, no doubt.

Actually I might even subscribe again, and I think alot of other people would too.
But it's going to be impossible to persuade Stefan.