PDA

View Full Version : Task bar bubble.

Soala
07-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Actually graal has its own icon in task bar (on the right) and when you receive a message, the pm bubble show and hide over it.

A really cool feature would be to actually make that bubble yellow if you receive a personal message!
In player list, the yellow always appear on top, even over the masses, so why not show it on the task bar ? It would help a bit.
Could also do that for staff pms if you want.

Discuss.

DustyPorViva
07-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I've recommended the actual taskbar button change if you get a PM, because for those who don't have Graal in their taskbar, you can't tell if you get a PM. However, I agree, they need to be color-coded.

Crono
07-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I disable it so I don't really care anyway. :}

Soala
07-04-2009, 07:59 PM

Well I always count on that for when I'm doing something else like watching vids and waiting for someone to answer.

DustyPorViva
07-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Exactly -- like I said, it'd be nice if the icon for the button itself changed. I'd even go as far to say it would be a good addition to have options to let the taskbutton blink when you get a PM of your specification(like on MSN). So you could set it to blink on a personal and guild message, and not on mass/staff.

Most of the time when I'm scripting and such, I usually don't have my playerlist open, and people start getting annoyed because I don't answer them because I really never know. Taskbar icons I hardly pay attention to either, because I rarely notice them when I get PM's on my RC.

Crono
07-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Exactly -- like I said, it'd be nice if the icon for the button itself changed. I'd even go as far to say it would be a good addition to have options to let the taskbutton blink when you get a PM of your specification(like on MSN). So you could set it to blink on a personal and guild message, and not on mass/staff.

Would be a pretty good idea, I might enable it more often if that was implemented.

Unkownsoldier
07-05-2009, 02:25 PM
It always shows up purple for me, so I always think a staff member is pming me, but usually its just a player/mass.

Rufus
07-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I agree with this, and different message types should have priority over each other, such as a private message being more important than a mass message, etc.

cbk1994
07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
It'd be great to have some kind of notification (or even sound that played) when you receive a message. I get like 20 PMs per day from people saying I'm some evil monster because I took more then sixty seconds to answer their PM.

Crow
07-05-2009, 08:39 PM
It'd be great to have some kind of notification (or even sound that played) when you receive a message. I get like 20 PMs per day from people saying I'm some evil monster because I took more then sixty seconds to answer their PM.

You can code that yourself. I already did that on Atlantis actually ;D

Soala
07-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Globally would be better I think =)

cbk1994
07-06-2009, 04:59 AM
You can code that yourself. I already did that on Atlantis actually ;D

I'm normally only on RC, though.

Crow
07-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm normally only on RC, though.

Ah, that's an argument.

ViperZakuto
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I suggested this a while back, and stefan was supposed to implement this. I guess it got pushed aside =O

Soala
07-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Let's mass forum pm that thread link to Stefan then