PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!

pooper200000
07-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Have a happy 4th of July everyone!

If you don't celebrate the 4th of July, you can enjoy the update on Zone. We've temporarily reenabled cookies with a new limit of two. With the help of Novice, we have changed the flames from the jetpack to be red, white, and blue and with the help from Minomato we have flags on the bases. :) I hope you enjoy and you can expect more updates in the future!

DuBsTeRmAn
07-04-2009, 04:24 PM
What is so special on the 4th of july? :]

Stephen
07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
America,**** yeah!
http://www.celluloid-dreams.de/content/images/kritiken-filmbilder/team-america-world-police/team-america-world-police-1.jpg

DuBsTeRmAn
07-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I love the Red-White-Blue colors op jetpack
Red
White
Blue
=
Netherlands Flag!

Stephen
07-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I love the Red-White-Blue colors op jetpack
Red
White
Blue
=
Netherlands Flag!
Oh, you guys are celebrating fourth of July too? You're very pro-American. :cool:

Soala
07-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Laf

Happy 4th of July everyone, even if I don't celebrate it o_o

Liberated
07-04-2009, 04:42 PM
im glad that even for this smaller holiday, there are already special updates, i can't wait untill the bigger holidays like easter and christmas.

kia345
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
America,**** yeah!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/puffball95/AMERICA.jpg

Nataxo
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Awwww wish I had Internet :'(

Keep the update for a few days :D

maximus_asinus
07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
what did you guys do for Canada Day?

Crono
07-04-2009, 06:41 PM
what did you guys do for Canada Day?

no one cares about canada day so nothing

duh

Elizabeth
07-04-2009, 07:34 PM
ya way to not do anything for canada day

bastards

maximus_asinus
07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
What a terrible server. Way to not recognize other countries. Typical Americans.

Elizabeth
07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
i hope they choke on their diabetes

Soala
07-04-2009, 08:50 PM
i hope they choke on their diabetes

lol

kia345
07-04-2009, 09:13 PM
What a terrible server. Way to not recognize other countries. Typical Americans.

We could have some kind of US army dress may be. I don't know if a mexican salsa hat would fit on zone though :D

:cool:

salesman
07-04-2009, 09:34 PM

It's not our fault you don't celebrate our holidays

Loriel
07-04-2009, 10:19 PM

If you don't celebrate the 4th of July, you can enjoy the update on Zone. We've temporarily reenabled cookies with a new limit of two. With the help of Novice, we have changed the flames from the jetpack to be red, white, and blue and with the help from Minomato we have flags on the bases. :) I hope you enjoy and you can expect more updates in the future!

This is literally the worst holiday update I have seen on Graal.

Stephen
07-04-2009, 10:28 PM
This is literally the worst holiday update I have seen on Graal.
It's pretty kick-ass in it's own western-culture kitschiness - you'd probably have to be North American to appreciate that on any level... one of the defining features of contemporary American culture.

doyouskate
07-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Yay an update and their is still like 3 people on!

Matt
07-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Happy 4th of July guys ! ^^

Loriel
07-04-2009, 11:05 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/puffball95/AMERICA.jpg

Would like to add that this guy ended up being assassinated by an agent of the American government, while his successor is now leading a terrorist cell in NY.

Stephen
07-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Would like to add that this guy ended up being assassinated by an agent of the American government, while his successor is now leading a terrorist cell in NY.
Someone's been getting American daytime drama on their satellite.

maximus_asinus
07-04-2009, 11:28 PM
They assassinated Captain America? NICE.

Minomato
07-04-2009, 11:43 PM
I find it rather depressing that there's nobody on as I speak to appreciate this.

NOW what am I going to do with all these freedom fries?

Novice
07-04-2009, 11:53 PM

What happened to flash pistol?

kia345
07-05-2009, 01:53 AM

Red Skull hardly constitutes as a respected member of the American government, and I haven't been keeping up with Bucky. Unless of course you mean Osbourne as the Iron Patriot, but that's more of Iron Man's problem if you ask me.

Right after he kicked Stark's ass in the Civil War event

Not one of Millar's better projects.

Crono
07-05-2009, 02:06 AM

Yeah but he's being brought back to life. LOL

Loriel
07-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Red Skull hardly constitutes as a respected member of the American government, and I haven't been keeping up with Bucky. Unless of course you mean Osbourne as the Iron Patriot, but that's more of Iron Man's problem if you ask me.

The lethal shot was fired by an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I was indeed refering to Bucky who basically has the New Avengers crashing on his couch.

Minomato
07-05-2009, 04:37 AM
^ ^ ^ Getting irrelevant.

MagikMasterMind
07-05-2009, 06:00 AM

ohohohohoh.. Your so getting +rep there. Seriously, that was such a waste and they think this will get more players. BUT no it wont, because the message I got was: Since when Zone is US? Why celebrate US and not the other countries? Theres people from everywhere playing Zone... maybe some of thoses player's countries are at war against the U.S.A.... Wth was that?Favoritism?

A week ago was Canada's day, did we get anything?

Elizabeth
07-05-2009, 06:13 AM
a week ago was canada's day, did we get anything?

NO asdf

Gambet
07-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Seriously, that was such a waste and they think this will get more players.

No we don't, not even one bit. It was a minor addition just to have something, it wasn't meant to draw players in.

RevolutionJS
07-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Omg why stupid American flags and why not Dutch flags since we dominate and Americans doesn't

kia345
07-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Zone is managed by Americans isn't it? Maybe if more people from other countries were on the staff team, they'd be able to have more knowledge of other national holidays and implement those. If it's just Americans working, it's just Americans celebrating, sounds fair.

God damn, I'm sticking up for SN.

Loriel
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
^ ^ ^ Getting irrelevant.

Your face is irrelevant. We are obviously discussing America in this thread.

Cubes
07-05-2009, 06:04 PM
hangover

Crono
07-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Graal has ALWAYS celebrated American holidays because I'm willing to bet that the majority of players are from the US.

Minomato
07-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Graal has ALWAYS celebrated American holidays because I'm willing to bet that the majority of players are from the US.

Majority's not saying much in terms of player quantities on Zone. If you guys want stuff for holidays that are coming up, feel free to post them.

Crono
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Majority's not saying much in terms of player quantities on Zone. If you guys want stuff for holidays that are coming up, feel free to post them.

Last time I checked Zone was part of Graal. The majority may not be American on Zone but that doesn't change the fact that American holidays are celebrated more than others there either.

pooper200000
07-05-2009, 06:52 PM
I apologize if there is any misunderstanding. I was the one who suggested that something small be done for the 4th of July. I thought that everyone would enjoy the small differences in the game play. Zone has celebrated the 4th of July before, I'm not sure if any of you remember the colored mortars.

I'm not trying to single out any other ethnicities. I am American and I've found that of the ethnicities that play Zone the American, Dutch, and French ethnicities are the largest. I respect your cultural heritage, and welcome you to share ideas for your national holidays.

I will remove the flags from the bases and will leave the colored jetpack flames for a few days for those of you who may be interested in seeing these effects. You may see the flags again soon for a different reason. Thanks again to Minomato and Novice for their support!

Stephen
07-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I apologize if there is any misunderstanding. I was the one who suggested that something small be done for the 4th of July. I thought that everyone would enjoy the small differences in the game play. Zone has celebrated the 4th of July before, I'm not sure if any of you remember the colored mortars.

I'm not trying to single out any other ethnicities. I am American and I've found that of the ethnicities that play Zone the American, Dutch, and French ethnicities are the largest. I respect your cultural heritage, and welcome you to share ideas for your national holidays.

I will remove the flags from the bases and will leave the colored jetpack flames for a few days for those of you who may be interested in seeing these effects. You may see the flags again soon for a different reason. Thanks again to Minomato and Novice for their support!
Careful there, small fry. Making a mountain out of a mole hill is one thing, but officially supporting said mole hill is an entirely other can of worms - and not a can you want to be digging in too often.

It's an American holiday (July 4th) and you celebrated it. Simple as that... there's no explanation or apology needed for anyone.

pico57
07-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Dont forget the French Day - 14th july XP

RevolutionJS
07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
That was my cat's birthday

Liberated
07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
your cat is a hero in france!