PDA

View Full Version : /loadcomments

Unkownsoldier
06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Well, as we all know /loadcomments account is an RC command. However, these comments should be shared to the public. Not every player can see every players. However, you will be able to see your own comments on that server. You should just be able to say /loadcomments and you can see that servers comments, also with out RC saying so and so loaded the comments of so and so. This would help, because maybe there is something written like, do not hire this person for events team, and you were planning to apply for events team again just like the past seven times. Anyone thinks this is a good idea?

Crow
06-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Bad idea actually. Comments often hold sensitive information that shouldn't be seen by players.

Unkownsoldier
06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Then don't write it there, honestly, your comments should be your business. After all, they are about you right? Any disclosed information concerning you, should be open to read by the ones it is about. If there is an issue about sensitive information, then make a seperate comments note under "Sensitive" so then staff can say /loadcomments Sensitive to find what is sensitive. Players, have a right to see whats written, and if the staff doesn't want them to see it, I suggest they move it to another comment note.

Crow
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Comments are supposed to hold any information about somebody, including sensitive information. I can't find any use in this feature, it really isn't needed.

kia345
06-30-2009, 06:05 PM
A lot of the times I've seen developer information put there, as well as history (whether this person has been fired in the past, etc). None of the things a casual player needs to know. If your reasoning for making comments public was any good, why doesn't it apply to PMs too?

DustyPorViva
06-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Then don't write it there, honestly, your comments should be your business. After all, they are about you right? Any disclosed information concerning you, should be open to read by the ones it is about. If there is an issue about sensitive information, then make a seperate comments note under "Sensitive" so then staff can say /loadcomments Sensitive to find what is sensitive. Players, have a right to see whats written, and if the staff doesn't want them to see it, I suggest they move it to another comment note.
So just because something is about you, you have the right to see it?

Unkownsoldier
06-30-2009, 06:47 PM
A lot of the times I've seen developer information put there, as well as history (whether this person has been fired in the past, etc). None of the things a casual player needs to know. If your reasoning for making comments public was any good, why doesn't it apply to PMs too?

PMs are the same thing, they are directed towards you and you get to read them right? Although comments are about you, maybe not directed toward you, it is still important to know what they say. When you get a job recommendation are you just going to hand it in without reading it, no absolutely not, so what is the difference here?

Crow
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM
PMs are the same thing, they are directed towards you and you get to read them right? Although comments are about you, maybe not directed toward you, it is still important to know what they say. When you get a job recommendation are you just going to hand it in without reading it, no absolutely not, so what is the difference here?

Comments are staff-internal notes about players. What they have done, what they might do, what they maybe did. It's just not for you, period.

kia345
06-30-2009, 07:00 PM
PMs are the same thing, they are directed towards you and you get to read them right?

Just because it's about you doesn't mean it's for you. Quit complaining because someone wrote something mean about you in comments.

To me, comments seem like a staff memo system.

Chompy
06-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey, I'll go down to the police office and demand to see my record and all their files on me!
[/:oo:]

I don't see this happening.

Unkownsoldier
06-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Actually, you can look it up online.

Nature2
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
it could be a server option and if the server needs it they can activate it, i dont think that all servers use the comments for sensetive informations

CharlieM
06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
The police don't give you your whole record, only crimes committed, and the police aren't allowed to let you view your record either its a misappropration of power according to the United States government.

Crono
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
No.

fowlplay4
06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
In fact comments should allowed to be locked so even some staff with the rights can't open them.

cbk1994
07-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Very, very bad idea, for a few reasons.
Comments are often used for ideas, e.g. on Era there are comments with the name "PostReset". If this somehow got out, someone could register the account, and see all our private information.
Comments are used by staff to leave notes about someone, not to leave notes for someone. It may also contain information such as the person who reported them for their "crime", which was supposed to be private.
Comments have always been written in a way that are not meant for players. If you were to change that now, we'd have to go back and revise everyone's comments to remove sensitive information, which won't happen.
The command is actually "/opencomments"

Unkownsoldier
07-01-2009, 03:20 AM
No No, I am not talking about everyone can view every ones, just your OWN. Chris, even if you registered as that account, they will have a Graal##### so this wont effect any current things.

Skyld
07-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Comments are for use by staff and staff only. Players having access to their comments somewhat defeats half of the point of having comments that only staff can access.

So, no. End of.

kia345
07-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Someone's just trying to see if people are talking about him.

cbk1994
07-01-2009, 04:53 AM
No No, I am not talking about everyone can view every ones, just your OWN. Chris, even if you registered as that account, they will have a Graal##### so this wont effect any current things.

Comments are sometimes stored in the community name.

Besides that, all of my points still apply, regardless of if they can only view their own (I knew that was what you were saying).

This is really just a bad idea. There's no reason they need to see their comments. If they want to know if they're blacklisted or something (and they should have been informed) they can ask a staff member.

Skyld said it very well.