PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Update: June 29th 2009

fowlplay4
06-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Well it's been awhile and thanks to Chompy for providing a solid base for the MUDLib that's developing, after a few more systems we will be off to content developing.

I began redoing the formulas today and have made some progress with it, as well as work on the equipment and inventory systems. Equipment can be equipped by dragging it into the appropriate slot in your equipment. :)

Here's a screen of the visual progress so far!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9652/graal1246311629.png

Shows a nice bug I found as well..

I welcome suggestions on which way to go with the GUI, I am still waiting for a nice skin to use. Color scheme suggestions, styles are welcome. We may allow the player to choose between a few skins if there's enough interest.

Crono
06-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Just crossing my fingers that you guys get a much nicer theme/skin. I also hope you guys don't use the fact that players can choose their own themes/skins to leave ugly default ones like Cyberjouers did for Graal v5.

DustyPorViva
06-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Don't use skins at all. Go the ol' fashion way and get a GUI drawn from scratch. This over-reliance on basic GUI's kills the visual appeal of most systems. I'm not saying use showimgs and such, but at least make 'skins' that don't look like windows.

fowlplay4
06-30-2009, 03:43 AM
I am currently hammering out beta menus/GUI so we can get to the good ol content side of things.

So yeah, I know I don't want to use the GuiBlue but it's only a few bitmaps and some profile changing to a completely different visual experience.

I'd be more than happy if someone could make one for Zodiac, credits would go to the creator of course. :)

Draenin
06-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Don't use skins at all. Go the ol' fashion way and get a GUI drawn from scratch. This over-reliance on basic GUI's kills the visual appeal of most systems. I'm not saying use showimgs and such, but at least make 'skins' that don't look like windows.Maloria makes really good use of Graal's UI skins. :]

WaDaFack
06-30-2009, 04:57 AM
I hope the GMAP doesn't look EXACTLY like what it is now, hopefully some changes to outside OSL?
Try making a custom GUI too :O
You might have to nerf some accessories now, having a MRoH and a HoA as a DK might be a bit too overpowered!

But as far as I see it, looks good so far!

papajchris
06-30-2009, 06:32 AM
I hope the GMAP doesn't look EXACTLY like what it is now, hopefully some changes to outside OSL?
Try making a custom GUI too :O
You might have to nerf some accessories now, having a MRoH and a HoA as a DK might be a bit too overpowered!

But as far as I see it, looks good so far!

That's not part of the new gmap :p

And yea a custom gui, but Jerret mentioned they will do that. BUT please don't have it like the current gui on Zodiac that only uses 2 colors Black and Dark gray.

fowlplay4
06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Was messing around with Gui Profiles and skinning and made this.. I'd rather have the dark metal feeling than the generic wood look any day tbh.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6568/graal1246338264.png

Crono
06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Hm, I like it. The head with the missing body isn't so hot though. :p

fowlplay4
06-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Hm, I like it. The head with the missing body isn't so hot though. :p

All explained here :)

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1502817