PDA

View Full Version : June 21st event - sorry for not announcing earlier

Drakeero
06-20-2009, 06:15 AM
I got emp'ed. Literally. A lightning bolt wiped my modem. So, I lost a day during that critical time when I'm supposed to provide Tig with a screenshot to advertise on the main page and to post on the forums. Please bare with me for this.

Anyway, the actual event itself. I've decided to try something new, and will probably backfire horribly. So, I ask the populace of GK to try to enjoy trying, rather then succeeding.

I'm hoping, on a gigantic, pet monster battle. You can summon them, or you can charm them from the world, but build the biggest army you can in the allotted time and then we'll find a field of battle.

Now for the rules:

1: Players are not allowed to take part in fighting themselves, not even for self defense if they get stuck in a crowd.

2: Stay away from noob areas. I can try to police it, but I only have two pillor spots. Noobs who interfere will get the 10 min penalty. Participants however, should know better and will get penalized a tad longer. Much longer if they use magic.

3: All participants will have to show up at a meeting area to make sure that they haven't begun collecting monsters early. However, you are free to start preparing ahead of time.

4: Make sure you know to NOT jam up your monsters while gathering them together. I've already rented a very very small violin for you.

5: I will find a battlefield far away from buildings. Make sure you, as particpants, use different approaches, or time it differently. That way there won't be a premature battle. A few accidents aren't serious, if you run away real quick your monsters will disengage. Do so. If I catch a biiiig fight before the free for all, I don't know what I'll do but it might not be good. Unless its really really funny.

Keep in Mind:

1: Lots of things can go wrong with trying to herd large numbers of monsters. These involve getting too many stuck on top of each other when you building warp them. Try to find a creative way around it.

2: Getting stuck in your own horde. Outside of battle, like when you're trying to gather or mass summon, it's almost guarunteed you are going to get stuck. I will offer limited teleport services to a few feet away to get out of your horde. During the battle however, I will not.

3: Them getting stuck behind stuff. Practice your herding. I'll post more information as I think/hear about it.

Noobie8205
06-20-2009, 06:23 AM
I already did this today.. it did not go very well once there were only a few monsters left they quit attacking one another..

Googi
06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Pets only start fighting if their owners start fighting.

RealDDc
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Sounds fun, I'll be there. Don't waste too mutch scrolls. :D

MajinDragon
06-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Oman...

Craigus
06-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Dustari can't attend we are killing pirates on Sunday!

Drakeero
06-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Alright, I'll be hosting at about 3:00 EST which I THINK is about 20:00 server time. There's some sort of 20 min difference or something between the server clock and my clocks so... I'm going to be trying to host -around- the 20:00 server time

New rules:

1: As much as I wanted to encourage the charm/capture of monsters using leadership skills, apparently people with high level magic can nab tons of monsters at once, like demons from battle island. So, I'm afraid I have to withdraw that part of the event and restrict it to summoned monsters only.

2: If we have people who's monsters will not fight each other at the end, and will in absolutely no way whatsoever attack each other, then I guess we'll just count up the surviving monsters and see who has the most.

3: If your monsters are not able to fight... they will not be counted for the fight. For example, if they're summoned on the wall, or on the wrong side of some rocks, or out in the water, etc. They won't count.

MajinDragon
06-21-2009, 04:21 AM
Dustari can't attend we are killing pirates on Sunday!

Wasn't going to show up anyway sir :D
It sounds lamer than the last event he dreamt up, which i never thought possible. :noob:

kia345
06-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Hey Drakeero.

This is a great concept.

It's going to be executed horribly.

Seeya
06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
I got emp'ed. Literally. A lightning bolt wiped my modem.

Praise Zormola!

MajinDragon
06-22-2009, 01:01 AM
As expected, NO ONE tolerated drakeero's stupid event this week. He hosted a 50-lives lucky altars for 3 ec's instead. This is why i think the forum space is wasted with these 'big-but-not-really-big' events.

CABAL49
06-22-2009, 04:00 AM
Nothing wrong with trying new things.

kia345
06-22-2009, 04:52 AM
lucky altars.

That's the only event that will ever be hosted again

MajinDragon
06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
That's the only event that will ever be hosted again

/suicide

Craigus
06-23-2009, 01:22 AM
I got a idea for next week Lucky alters with 100 lives...why didn't anyone think of it sooner cause clearly its simple maths, it will be double the fun!

MajinDragon
06-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I got a idea for next week Lucky alters with 100 lives...why didn't anyone think of it sooner cause clearly its simple maths, it will be double the fun!

Sarcasm runs deep in you :redface:

Crimson2005
06-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Host raffle with 50 lives.

MajinDragon
06-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Host raffle with 50 lives.

stupidity runs deep in you :oo:

Seeya
06-25-2009, 07:32 AM
shut the **** up majin. your not funny.

MajinDragon
06-25-2009, 08:50 PM

Opinion. You seem under quite alot of stress Kale... You go aggy on me like every day, i don't like people who get upset everyday by someones mere presence :whatever:

Pking you will be worthwhile if you're gonna cry for days... :fro:

Crimson2005
06-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Shut up, Majin is hilarious.