PDA

View Full Version : Random Spawns on Iricia

Admins
06-13-2009, 07:44 PM
We have changed the player spawning on Iricia so that you are spawned at a random place on the map instead of your home base if your home base is under attack. This should help preventing base laming.

We have also added an event team command for giving items to a whole team, e.g. for prizes for winning an event.

kia345
06-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Should make it so you can choose to spawn at any of your controlled bases. Random is stupid, give the bases a use other than "lol u win"

DuBsTeRmAn
06-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Kay cool :]

Deas_Voice
06-13-2009, 08:11 PM
so, what if i want to kill the guy that is at my base?
i went on trying it'
there was 1 guy at my base and i got spawned at b1.
a bit long to walk to kill 1 guy dont u think?
make us choose if we want to be spawned somewhere else.
i gotta say, as it is now, i hate it.

Admins
06-13-2009, 08:16 PM
So the spawn points should be closer to the home base?
Update: there was one bad spawn point for sweep fleet, it should be fine now, sorry for being unlucky :)

Deas_Voice
06-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Update: there was one bad spawn point for sweep fleet, it should be fine now, sorry for being unlucky :)

much closer, but i still want an option to choose if i want to get spawned somewhere else or at my base.
btw i'm at storm riders team'

Admins
06-13-2009, 08:26 PM
btw i'm at storm riders team'
You were in sweep fleet :)

Deas_Voice
06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
You were in sweep fleet :)

i got kickt from storm because unbalanced then i killd a guy (he left zone) >:0

Pelikano
06-13-2009, 09:01 PM
You should spawn at the closest base where you died last.

Crono
06-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Should spawn at a friendly base imo.

Gambet
06-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Well the main point of this update was to help prevent base laming so if your home base is getting raided and you spawn behind them it would be easier to take control of it back. Regardless, though, the point of Iricia is to capture bases so if your home base is getting raided and you're spawning away from the enemy, then you really don't need to run back to your main base to kill them off when you can go around capturing the other bases first and then flank the enemy as a team.

It's similar to how it works in Halo.

Deas_Voice
06-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Well the main point of this update was to help prevent base laming so if your home base is getting raided and you spawn behind them it would be easier to take control of it back. Regardless, though, the point of Iricia is to capture bases so if your home base is getting raided and you're spawning away from the enemy, then you really don't need to run back to your main base to kill them off when you can go around capturing the other bases first and then flank the enemy as a team.

i agree on the idea of prevent base laming, but i dont agree on how it's done,
i would want to go and kill the enemys that are laming my base,
i think there should be a limit on how meny enemys there have to be for away spawning.
1 enemy and u get away spawned is kinda stupid, dont u think?
either that or give us a option where we can choose.
:)
nice work btw.

kia345
06-13-2009, 10:32 PM

Should make it so you can choose to spawn at any of your controlled bases. Random is stupid, give the bases a use other than "lol u win"

:cool:

Sure, in deathmatch and FFAs. Team/objective oriented has you spawning around your base(s). And just because Halo does it doesn't mean it's being done right.

Nataxo
06-13-2009, 10:37 PM
This update should've been done months ago... :(

Nice anyways :)

seanthien
06-14-2009, 06:35 AM

Halo and Zone have a similar futuristic idea, but Zone is far different. Ignoring the insanely low average playercount Zone has, I don't really think people try to go after the bases.

Gambet
06-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Halo and Zone have a similar futuristic idea, but Zone is far different. Ignoring the insanely low average playercount Zone has, I don't really think people try to go after the bases.

Well, I'm personally trying my best to change things around, there are quite a few things we still have planned and some things I've made already that haven't been released yet. What's important now is to work on the gameplay so that players will want to come play on Zone again. We are looking deeply at what works for other games in hopes of incorporating similar concepts for this server; just have some patience, things won't change overnight.

These updates were released because as others have stated already, they were long overdue. The bigger updates are still being worked on.

MiniOne
06-14-2009, 08:14 AM
They should be allowed to chose where to spawn, home base, b1 and etc but your team has to have control of that base.

DuBsTeRmAn
06-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Is it me or did Gambet just do more work in 1 Week than Dan did in 2 months? :]

Liberated
06-14-2009, 01:38 PM
give the bases a use other than "lol u win"

The whole original point of iricia was to get hold of all the bases, i remember awesome massive slaughters for B1.

kia345
06-14-2009, 02:03 PM
The whole original point of iricia was to get hold of all the bases, i remember awesome massive slaughters for B1.

Then in my scenario, you'll have more reason to slaughter for the other bases, as they all become spawn points.

Liberated
06-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Then in my scenario, you'll have more reason to slaughter for the other bases, as they all become spawn points.

yes i completely agree with that.

Gambet
06-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I'll see what I can pull together regarding the choosing what base to spawn on bit when I get the chance. :)

papajchris
06-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Well, I'm personally trying my best to change things around, there are quite a few things we still have planned and some things I've made already that haven't been released yet. What's important now is to work on the gameplay so that players will want to come play on Zone again. We are looking deeply at what works for other games in hopes of incorporating similar concepts for this server; just have some patience, things won't change overnight.

These updates were released because as others have stated already, they were long overdue. The bigger updates are still being worked on.

Idk about other people, but i stopped playing Zone when the gameplay got repetive, so idk how u can change that. Adding more worlds won't do anything unless it is a really fun mode. In addition to that, most people don't want to buy gold just to play zone. And lastly, I never will go back to zone as long as players can buy weapons and such with real money. I dislike games like that incredibly. It just means the rich kids get the better weapons.

Anyways, on topic now, I think you should be able to spawn at your friendly bases. Thats how every first person shooter does it most of the time, and it works out better.

And 1 final note to help teamwork and then maybe help playercount: Make it where players can form squads and can see each other on the map and maybe have some type of benefit, such as being able tp spawn on team leader or something.

I havent been on zone in a long time, so idk if any of this is still relevant

MiniOne
06-15-2009, 08:30 AM
And 1 final note to help teamwork and then maybe help playercount: Make it where players can form squads and can see each other on the map and maybe have some type of benefit, such as being able tp spawn on team leader or something.

I havent been on zone in a long time, so idk if any of this is still relevant

They should release squads and allow this to happen, that way people will have a great reason to tag up (:

Ravenblade1979
06-15-2009, 08:13 PM
about time you implimented this stefan. I was voicing it when I was doing dev work and hosting there.

Donark
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Too bad this didn't come out about 5 months ago when people still played zone and base lamed.

pico57
06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Too bad this didn't come out about 5 months ago when people still played zone and base lamed.

lol true.
now ther is not enough players to base lame :p

anubis_wing
06-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Bout time they had something like this. Although it could be most unfortunate to spawn infront of enemies.

Donark
06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Although it could be most unfortunate to spawn infront of enemies.

Yah but the other way, they would always spawn infront of enemies. Now it's less of a chance, and if you do spawn with an enemy there, it will most likely only be 1 or 2 people.

darksage15
06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Now let's add something that will attract players...

Gambet
06-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Now let's add something that will attract players...

Working on it.

Minomato
06-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Working on it.

. . . Okay. That's a start.